ccstate4peat
James.ticknor

If a rooster lays an egg on a house and there is no wind it will fall to the right

ccstate4peat

Con

I will let my opponent state their argument first.
James.ticknor

Pro

I will begin with observations, then my arguements.

1: Roosters can not lay eggs, so I must assume that this is some sort of wierd a-sexual thing that some doctors thought of doing for a science experiment. =)
2: It doesn't have to be on the topmost point of the house, just ON the house somewhere on the roof. I will assume it is around the topmost, to give my opponent the benifiet of the doubt.

CONTENTION 1: It would be difficult to maintain balance on the pivotal point of a roof, most of which are triangular. Since most living things are right handed, footed- whatever, they would put most of their support on their right foot, resulting in a leaning to the right. Therefore, when the a-sexual rooster lays the egg, it will roll to the right.

CONTENTION 2: Considering the geometry of the egg, when a rooster lays it, the geometry of the egg would spin it slightly clockwise, forcing it to move to the right and roll off the right the roof. The roof, most of the day and part of the night, is hot. This heats the egg and raises the viscosity (ability for liquid to flow faster/slower). Since it is rolling clockwise, the liquid in the egg would create enough force to push itself to the right.

I actually came up with more evidencal support than I thought. = )

Good luck
ccstate4peat

Con

You are right, roosters can not lay eggs. That means that it will not fall to the right. Even if for some reason a rooster did lay an egg on a house, there is no proof that it spins clockwise when it lands. Roosters do not have a dominant foot. http://en.wikipedia.org...
I hope that clears things up.
James.ticknor

Pro

James.ticknor forfeited this round.
ccstate4peat

Con

Wha...? Forfeit?
James.ticknor

Pro

James.ticknor forfeited this round.
Posted by James.ticknor 8 years ago
James.ticknor
How sad...
Posted by James.ticknor 8 years ago
James.ticknor
Heh summer camp. Sorry! = )
Posted by ccstate4peat 8 years ago
ccstate4peat
what is wiki abuse?
Posted by Maikuru 8 years ago
Maikuru
"This leads me to suspect ccstate4peat of Wiki abuse."

Hahaha I couldn't agree more. It seems when Con was unable to trick his way to a win with the resolution, he went for all out wiki abuse!
Posted by mongeese 8 years ago
mongeese
Okay...
The sentence, "They do not have a dominant foot," appears very randomly placed in the Wiki page.
It is the second sentence in the entire article, in the paragraph about what people call roosters.
This leads me to suspect ccstate4peat of Wiki abuse.