If abortion was illegal women should be punished

Oliviagrraace29 has forfeited round #2.

In this debate I will argue that if abortions were illegal women who receive abortions should be punished. For the record I believe that abortions should be legal but a crime should be punished. I mainly hope to learn why Donald Trump was met with so much controversy when he said this. Thank you.

I'm a bit confused as to why women should be punished if abortions were illegal. Please explain.

I am saying that if getting an abortion was made illegal the woman getting the abortion not just the doctor should be punished because they both broke the law. Just to be clear I am not debating whether abortions should be legal just whether or not the women who get them should be punished if they were illegal.
Posted by Agingseeker 3 months ago
What about babies and fetal pain. What about the undeniable triviality of aboriton nowadays. A great abortion advocate in Britain has now sadly recanted

'Pregnant women have asked for terminations because they did not want their holidays spoilt'
The Abortion Act, intended as a humane response to hardship, has been subverted by changing times.

"More than one friend of mine in the profession has told me that pregnant women have asked for terminations because they did not want their holidays spoilt by pregnancy " and they duly signed the forms. I have signed only a few forms in the course of my career, a long time ago, and I am not sure what part the desire to avoid an unpleasant scene with the patient, understandable perhaps in a young man as I then was, played in my decision-making."

Think of the babies. Of the millions of abortions many are utterly painful tearing apart of sensate beings. So it's only 20 000 a year. That isn't horrible ??