knowledgeiskey
Jenima

If being gay is alright, then why is being a pedophile not?

knowledgeiskey

Con

Okay, so if being gay is fine then why isn't being a pedophile? I am in no way for being a pedophile, but if gay people are "born" that way then wouldn't pedophiles be "born that way", I think gay people are disgusting and they are a disgrace to the human race. You are not born gay, you are made that way. Just like you are made a pedophile, you don't get born that way something in your life changes you to become that way.

/discuss
Jenima

Pro

If you are a pedophile, you have hormonal issues and if you are gay you like men, its as simple as that.
knowledgeiskey

Con

knowledgeiskey forfeited this round.
Jenima

Pro

Jenima forfeited this round.
knowledgeiskey

Con

knowledgeiskey forfeited this round.
Jenima

Pro

Jenima forfeited this round.
knowledgeiskey

Con

knowledgeiskey forfeited this round.
Jenima

Pro

Jenima forfeited this round.
knowledgeiskey

Con

knowledgeiskey forfeited this round.
Jenima

Pro

Jenima forfeited this round.
Posted by Vaarka 1 year ago
Vaarka
My bad. I kinda thought "wait..." and realized that a few minutes after I typed the comment.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
Vaarka there is nothing about being a pedophile that makes you assault and practice that sexual attraction. You must be both pedophile and psychopath to actually sexually assault minors .
Posted by Vaarka 1 year ago
Vaarka
If you are gay, then it means you have a sexual attraction towards people of the same sex. You don't find any attraction in the opposite sex. There's nothing wrong with that.
If you are a pedophile, you have a sexual attraction towards minors. They have been known to stalk, abuse, or even sexually assault minors. I do see something wrong with that.

While there can be a such thing as a gay pedophile, they are both different things as well. A gay person can have easy self control and be attracted to people his age. It's not like a gay man is desperate and must attack and love any male they come across.

In my opinion, having a sexual attraction to members of the same sex is much much more acceptable than having a sexual attraction to children and minors.
Posted by Drewpants 1 year ago
Drewpants
edit: ...and currently *in

Typo - sorry.
Posted by Drewpants 1 year ago
Drewpants
What goes on in on individual's mind and what they find attractive/repulsive is entirely their business and currently it most societies, it is accepted that 'thought crime' doesn't exist.

However, in practice it is a matter of what it is socially and morally acceptable to act upon. Homosexual relationships between consenting adults are normal, healthy loving relationships and therefore not a problem to anyone besides bigots.

Relationships with minors expose vulnerable and unprepared young people to sexuality with both physiologically and physically harmful implications, which is why such relationships are considered abusive.

That's pretty much it. Going to be a dull four rounds from this point...
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
Ahahahaha.

If both are born that way then they are the same is great analogy hahahahaa...

" You are not born gay, you are made that way."

Born to be made baby .... But here you might be right. Homosexuality may be a mixture of genes + external effects.

"Just like you are made a pedophile, you don't get born that way something in your life changes you to become that way."

Lets assume that this is also true.

What is conclusion ?

This is analogous to :

Since Einstein had mustache and Stalin had mustache (something made them ti have a mustache) they are both equally bad.

Can someone call in a squad of stormtroopers to rectify this issue pleaseeeee. This guy needs help.
Posted by ahjfcshfghb 1 year ago
ahjfcshfghb
edit
Posted by ahjfcshfghb 1 year ago
ahjfcshfghb
Because pedophilia is never between two consenting adults. And children simply shouldn't be exposed to sex so early in life. Gay sex, just like straight sex, as long as it's between two consenting adults, I don't really see the problem with it.
Posted by Jenima 1 year ago
Jenima
Thank you Herman!
Posted by HermanGomez95 1 year ago
HermanGomez95
bballcrook21, did you not fully read my comments? I clearly stated "Since I'm clearly biased in this case, I won't be able to vote, on moral grounds."

I wasn't telling her that I was voting for her, I was merely giving my support.