If everyone followed the bible's teachings exactly as they are written life on Earth would progress

I will be debating that life on Earth would be be impacted negatively if everyone in the world followed the bible's teaching word for word, with no exceptions. This includes everything that is in the bible. My opponent will debate that humanity will progress from this. In this debate we will assume that this hypothetical scenario is a reality. The scenario that everyone human being on Earth must follow the bible to the very last detail. The debate is will life on Earth progress from this? Notice that the debate is solely about life on Earth and has nothing to do with an afterlife.

Challenge gladly accepted.

Personally, I'm not a christian. I don't believe in god actually, but the bible does have some good morals.

My beginning argument (Note I'm getting all this from my friend.):
sson 1: Taking Up the Whole Armor of God
Paul tells us to take up the whole armor of God. But what is this armor, and how do we put it on? Is it still relevant for Christians today?

Lesson 2: The Belt of Truth
The first piece of armor Paul mentions in Ephesians 6:14 is "the belt of truth" (New International Version). What purpose did the belt serve for a Roman soldier? What purpose does the belt of truth serve for us?

Lesson 3: The Breastplate of Righteousness
The second piece of armor Paul mentions in Ephesians 6:14 is "the breastplate of righteousness." Why is the breastplate important"for both ancient soldiers and us?

Lesson 4: The Shoes of the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace
The third piece of armor Paul mentions in Ephesians 6 is the shoes of "the preparation of the gospel of peace." What purpose did shoes serve for a Roman soldier? What purpose do these spiritual shoes serve for us?

Lesson 5: The Shield of Faith
The fourth piece of armor Paul mentions in Ephesians 6 is "the shield of faith." How did Roman soldiers use their shields? What purpose does a spiritual shield serve for us?

Lesson 6: Helmet of Salvation
In Ephesians 6, Paul talks about the "helmet of salvation" as part of the armor of God. What exactly does the Bible mean by salvation, and why is it portrayed as a helmet?

Lesson 7: The Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God
The sixth piece of armor Paul mentions in Ephesians 6 is "the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." How does a Roman soldier's sword help us understand how to use the Bible to win our spiritual battles?

Lesson 8: The Power of Prayer and Supplication in the Spirit
Prayer is an important part of our day-to-day lives. But how often do we think of it in association with the armor of God? Never.

I will begin with what would realistically would happen in this scenario to demonstrate the horrific outcome of immorality. I will begin with the many extreme punishments that the bible requests. Many people in the world would be killed immediately if the bible's demands became a reality.

The first mass murder that will take place is the murder of all Homosexuals in the world. The bible states, "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." This means that a very large amount of people will be killed which will negatively affect life on Earth because a large amount of humans will be murdered. This will not only impact the homosexuals that were killed and their families, but also many jobs will be empty which will negatively affect businesses and more.

This is only the beginning of the death. There is more to come. After the mass murders from the death penalties even more horrific lifestyle changes will negatively impact humanity.

Paradoxxal forfeited this round.

not forfeit ha

Paradoxxal forfeited this round.

JR-CreativeGenius forfeited this round.

Paradoxxal forfeited this round.

Vote for me because I did a better job.

Paradoxxal forfeited this round.
Posted by JR-CreativeGenius 1 year ago
remember to vote for me
Posted by ChickenBakuba 1 year ago
Paradoxxal, there is actually a good reason for mass murdering of h0m0s3x4ul5..
Vote Placed by Discipulus_Didicit 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.