Dark_Humor1234
LegitBoss

If i buy my own phone, and service, should it be taken away even though im not even in trouble? (16)

Dark_Humor1234

Pro

I work, my mom doesnt buy me anything. I have to earn all of my belongings. I bought my own phone and payed for my own phone service, and last night she tried telling me that i could only have my phone from 7-9 Pm. I didnt pay my own hard earned money so i can enjoy it for only two hours a day. I tried explaining this to her in a calm fashion and she thought i was being hostile and took my phone away for the night. I believe that if i work hard and earn something myself that i should be entitled to the things i buy, for the simple fact that it is my property. I could understand if i was in trouble or getting bad grades but i am a B student, im managing a play, and i work weekends. While coming home i still have a list of chores that i complete without complaining. I do not cause issues at home and are very well mannered. Please give feedback
LegitBoss

Con

Okay first off it sounds like she is totally in the wrong here, I mean you paid for the phone so you should be able to use it whenever you please also with the fact you earned your money, do chores, and have pretty good grades she has no reason of value to take it away. Honestly you are 16 and have a right to keep your property that you pay for so if I were you I'd either A) Ask her why can I only have my phone for two hours when I was the one who paid for it. B) Steal it back and when she asks you about it say "Hmm well I paid for it so I can use it when I want. C) Tell her okay so I work for my money and paid for my phone so it's mine and give it too me. But I am here too argue against you so I'll give it a shot.

So depending on your situation at home your mom may not want you to use your phone alot because then you'll need to charge it and use electric which may increase the electric bill. Or she may just want you too talk more and not constantly be looking down at your phone when your around people. I mean she might be coming from left field may think if your on it too long you made end up with bad eyes and need glasses or something. But honestly I would do one of my ABC suggestions.
Dark_Humor1234

Pro

Dark_Humor1234 forfeited this round.
LegitBoss

Con

LegitBoss forfeited this round.