Trolltjb3123
The.Dude

If smoking was illegal whould it save more lifes

The.Dude

Trolltjb3123

Con

The first round i need you to agree to no trolling so first round say agree
The.Dude

Pro

I would like to begin with a few simple arguments that would clearly show that prohibiting smoking would save lives.
1) The amount of people who die every year from second hand smoking (just in the USA) is an astonishing number of approximately 50,000 (as cited from the ANR).Which I think we can all agree would be greatly eliminated if smoking were to be illegal as to the amount of public smoking would go down significantly.
2) Another point would be, if every time you wanted to smoke you would have to go hide ,or get arrested/fined I think the amount of cigarettes you would be smoking a day would also be likely to get cut down significantly.Less cigarettes means lowering the chances of death.
3) Also, I definitely think there is a number of people young and old, maybe not a whole lot but there are those who wouldn't go to you're local cigarette dealer and buy cigarettes just because it's illegal.Whether it's because they're afraid of getting arrested / fined ,or ethically speaking they wouldn't want to break the law but either way it does cut down smoking and in which case would save lives.
Trolltjb3123

Con

True but you know how many people smoke weed and thats illegal.so what makes you think that they would not smoke eitheir .and high school people and others would smoke it
The.Dude

Pro

I agree with you,it won't stop people from smoking cigarettes .But that was not the question ,rather it was whether it would save lives or not.
Trolltjb3123

Con

Yes but if you smoke it will kill you and like i said some people are coo coo for cigarettes
The.Dude

Pro

OK I kind of feel like we're not on the same page here. The argument you brought up was whether it would (thats without an h)save more liVes, not if cigarettes kill people because that I definitely agree with ,even if it was illegal,i just think it would save some people.
Trolltjb3123

Con

Once you start you cant stop and others would smoke just because its cool.(not realy) so it wouldn't save more lifes
The.Dude

Pro

You didn't counter any of my arguments!
Trolltjb3123

Con

You no understand
The.Dude

Pro

Alright I'll leave it up to the voter"s to decide
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
Indeed.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Well, it was offensive and did not have an explanation.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
Oh wait, re-read it wrong. Anyway, shows you're at least looking out for bad votes on your cousin's debates.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
Just shows you're fair in your reports.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Thank you whiteflame. Would you believe that Trolltjb3123 is my cousin?
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Jenima// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: Trolltjb3123 sucked at this debate.

[*Reason for removal*] Clear vote bomb. The voter doesn't explain any of her point allocations.
************************************************************************
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
Trolltjb3123The.DudeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gave some good stats on how harmful smoking is, and these are real stats. This made up most of their argument. Con on the other hand gave no stats, their only argument was a simple statement with no evidence to back it up that people will smoke even if it is illegal. I give arguments to Pro due to their argument holding more substance, with real stats and figures, while Con's was just an assumption.