Bible2000
talacon1

If the Bible is entirely harmonious, is a place of eternal torment Biblical?

Bible2000

Con

1. If Pro does not give a single Bible verse that proves a place of eternal torment, the idea that the wicked are eternally punished in fire is not Biblical.

2. If Pro does not give a reasonable explanation that can be backed up with the Bible of the many verses that contradict a place of eternal torment, the idea that the wicked are eternally punished in fire is not Biblical.

Pro may give his arguments that a place where the wicked are eternally tormented in fire is Biblical now, in round 1.
talacon1

Pro

The Bible is in harmony, there is no place of torment in hell. Rather, the Scriptures show that rather than going to a place of torment, the dead are conscious of nothing at all. (Ecclesiastes 9:4)(1Timothy 3:16)
The Scriptures go on to say that there will be a resurrection for both the righteous and the unrighteous. (Acts 24:15)
One may wonder when and how, and the answer is that this will happen after human governments are done away with by Jesus, and under Jesus' reign as King. (Daniel 2:44)
Bible2000

Con

Pro, I completely agree with you. But someone who believed in a place of eternal torment was supposed to accept the debate, lol. :)
talacon1

Pro

talacon1 forfeited this round.
Bible2000

Con

Bible2000 forfeited this round.
talacon1

Pro

talacon1 forfeited this round.
Bible2000

Con

Bible2000 forfeited this round.
talacon1

Pro

talacon1 forfeited this round.
Bible2000

Con

Bible2000 forfeited this round.
talacon1

Pro

talacon1 forfeited this round.
Posted by Bible2000 2 years ago
Bible2000
I'll start this debate again. Only accept if you believe God tortures people in hell.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
I can't actually prove it. :(
Posted by Bible2000 2 years ago
Bible2000
mightbenihilism, your opinion is irrelevant. Jehovah's justice is superior than that of mere humans. If you can prove God is a sadistic being that sends people to burn eternally in hell, go ahead and accept the debate.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
Who would want to worship a God who didn't have an eternal hell for pieces of poo like ISIS, Hitler, etc. ?

They lose me when they say everyone deserves to go there. No they don't. But a lot do.

But some people clearly do. I'd love to watch evil people fry forever. It'd be a blast. It's like, in the Walking Dead series, when the kill a walker, I'm happy! To heck with that Walker! It eats babies! I'm not going to cry because some growling zombie got iced. And you can bet I'm not going to cry over all the tyrants of history writhing in pain like earth worms at the bottom of a styrofoam cup. I'd pay good money to see that.

If God just gave them some fluffy-puff non-existence, like a never-ending nap, then he wouldn't be the righteous dude they say he is. I want WORMS gnawing on HUMAN FLESH of the BURNING WICKED for EVER AND ever AMEN!