gabito
Hazzaboy98

If the earth is the third planet from the sun. Doesn't that make every country a third world country

Hazzaboy98

gabito

Pro

I think that the third world etiquette that some countries have shouldn't be use. Just because some countries generate more money or have better structures doesn't change the fact that they still have problems even worst than any other country.
Hazzaboy98

Con

I accept this debate, but to clarify, are you arguing that we are all third world countries due to our relative position to the Sun or that the title "Third World Country" is belittling and shouldn't be used as a label for developing countries?

Apart from that I look forward to this debate!
gabito

Pro

gabito forfeited this round.
Hazzaboy98

Con

Well, apparently my opponent isn't sure either, but let me assure all of you who read, it may be possible to call us third world planets in a astronomical sense, but the label that my opponent associates with can't be altered because of planets relative position to the Sun as they are entirely different. Third world country is a political term that first really came to use during the cold war to define countries that had no alignment with either the USA or the USSR. It is by chance that most of these countries are developing nations and I would argue the system is a positive as it gives us a general spectrum of countries to help around the world. Did we not have this label many people would be less aware of the problems that need solving around the world through charity, the "third world" title nicely summarises to such people who is in need of aid and is a matter of convenience, not belittlement.
gabito

Pro

gabito forfeited this round.
Hazzaboy98

Con

It would appear my opponent has conceded.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
gabitoHazzaboy98Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited Points to con.