Thiest_1998
awilkows

If there is no God then how did the universe come into 'existence'

Thiest_1998

Pro

Hi
I am looking for an opponent who can successfully answer this question, I would like to hope to have a very interesting discussion also I will answering the argument from a Christian point of view so I would expect an atheist to accept the debate.

Regards
awilkows

Con

Hi,

I can answer this question in as a Christian myself. Many scientists believe that the universe was created by the big bang theory. A big blast of enegry causing planets all over, but that is not all. Once these planets were formed the ancient planet theo chrashed into the tiny core of planet earth creting a planet full of fire. Later there was a metor shower for 10 years (with evidence) inside the metors there were water molecles creating out ocean. Later the metors molcles formed cells to create bacteria the earliest forms of life. I believe as a Christian that god was the enegry that created the blast in the big bang theory. (Not the show the scientifc theory)

Hope I can get a response.
Thiest_1998

Pro

Thiest_1998 forfeited this round.
awilkows

Con

Sure no problem and to add to my last explanation; I don't know much about the theroy I admit, but this is what I believe and what I know.
Thiest_1998

Pro

Thanks to my opponent accepting this debate.

I would like to first start of by saying how does my opponent know that that's how God created the earth?

If you are a Christian why do you not believe in the Bible?

Also when has a meteor ever had water inside of it?

And where is the evidence for the meteor shower?
awilkows

Con

Hi again!!!

I just want to answer your questions to start...

Your qeustions were...

My answers are....

You asked for this answer in a Christian point of view. Therefore it makes zero sense why you are asking me about my belief in god. You asked me from a Christan point of view therefore I fully believe that god created the earth or in my words caused the big bang theory.

I do believe in the bible, however I have spoken to many priests and they have all told me differnet answers to the question of the existance to the universe because this question is very vague. I believe in the bible and have not yet mentioned it. I have not mentioned it yet because it does not propose an answer to your question.

The meteors had water patricles that combined to make water.

The evidence is found in the left over metors.

I also believe in Adam and Eve, but humans were invented from bacteria. So I believe that they were the first humans on earth once bacteria created humans.

My source is https://www.youtube.com...

Thiest_1998

Pro

I would like to start off by answering my opponent's questions.

Are you trying to say that my questiondoesn't make any sense just because it's from a Christian point of view you claimed to be a Christian so the foundation of your faith should be the bible.

Meteors are made of rocks not water.

I would highly recommend watching him he could probably help you in your search
https://m.youtube.com...
awilkows

Con

awilkows forfeited this round.
Thiest_1998

Pro

Anything else?
awilkows

Con

awilkows forfeited this round.
Posted by llaurenthellama 1 year ago
llaurenthellama
Actually, a lot of Earth's water did come from asteroids, Theist_1998. And you cannot make anyone believe what you think should be appropriate for Christians or any other religion- no offense! My point is that everyone controls their own mind, and nothing else. It was very interesting reading your debate.
Thanks for reading,
LlaurenTheLlama
Posted by Jonan4tor 1 year ago
Jonan4tor
You could use the argument about even atheist are stopped from cutting a picture through the middle between them and their loved ones. So if they don't believe in supernatural forces and symoblism,then y don't they cut the picture? Research it if you want.
Posted by Thiest_1998 1 year ago
Thiest_1998
Sorry that I missed it can you reply so that I can reply
@awilkows
Posted by Kaman 1 year ago
Kaman
The concept that something has to begin and end is a very human concept. that is of course because everything we know began at some point, and will likely end at some point.

Assuming the Big bang is correct lends many people to blend religion and science into the concept that God or some higher being created that super dense amount of energy that "blew up" into our universe. our minds simply cannot grasp the idea that "it" always was. The energy in this universe is and has always been.

So to answer the question, if there is not God, then perhaps the big bang was simply the point where what always has been got too dense and exploded. creating the physical set of laws that we are aware of.

God is a fairly narrow concept and only applies to our laws. Being truly openminded would mean that we would allow the idea that there is more than our universe....or that the book of genesis is spot on....
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
that created matter that has no beginning or end
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
unicorn fart
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
An intellectually honest person would have to admit ignorance on how the universe come into existence, the religious do not. The religious have supernatural knowledge that can only be acquired through faith. Faith pretends that evidence for or against an idea is irrelevant. Beliefs and faiths do not establish "truths" or facts. Faith rarely agrees with the world around us.
Posted by Rhinoak15 1 year ago
Rhinoak15
@eGadfly That is a true statement, he did ask the question strangely however, what he's asking is plainly stated.
Posted by eGadfly 1 year ago
eGadfly
That can't be known (yet). It's really a silly question. Let me show you why: "If there is no purple dragon monster, then how did the universe come into 'existence'.

You may even go a step further and say: "If there is no Super Ultra God, then how did God come into 'existence'?

See? Silly question.