If we have a minimum wage we ought to have a maximum wage.

Every top has its bottom and if we are going to have a minimum wage we ought to have a maximum wage. If there is no maximum it leaves the question "Is it okay for one person to obtain all the capital in the world. Surely that can't happen so a maximum must exist we just refuse to recognize it.

Having a maximum wage should be put into place to allow fairness to what one person is allowed to take from the world in accordance to how many people there are and the limits that possesses on the plant.

Thank you for bringing such an illuminating debate to the floor. I am happy to accept. I hope that this debate will be enlightening, productive and enjoyable.

My last debating opponent did not define the key terms in the debate, so I would like to suggest the following definitions: (which you are free to modify)

Minimum wage: The lowest salary payable under the law of a jurisdiction.
Maximum wage: The highest salary payable under the law of a jurisdiction.

I agree to those definitions. This is my first debate and am new myself looking forward to your arguments. Definitions sound very clear.

I request that we move onto the other debate, which will allow for a more productive exchange of information and ideas.

TheatreVirus forfeited this round.

For the benefit of anyone interested in this debate, the debate is continued at:

I would request my opponent to present his arguments soon.
Posted by republicofdhar 2 years ago
Given that my opponent has forfeited the continued debate as well (implying that his forfeiture has nothing to do with the fact that we have moved the debate elsewhere), I would urge voters to take this into consideration and vote anyway.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
I so totally agree with your opening statement. We should have both. Googleites and Zuckerburgers would argue otherwise, but all commutapilasts do.
Posted by Eggaudo 2 years ago
The minimum wage was created in order to help people (especially immigrants) make a living in the U.S. It was needed to help people out of financial problems. This doesn't go for those people such as Bill Gates who make a large amount of cash off their jobs. Think of it like this. These people, good or bad, earn a lot of money world-wide, rather than in just one country, so the maximum wage can not be established. Minimum wage on the other hand targets a group of people who suffer from poverty in a specific country, so that they may be able to live in the economy. Minimum wage helps the economy because it helps the people receive fair employment and more money. Maximum wage, if it was established, would ruin the economy because these rich people will begin to take their business elsewhere, thus resulting with not enough tax money for the government, not enough jobs available, etc. Also, the minimum wage does act as a maximum wage if you think about it. These companies are being forced to pay more than they initially would to their employees, thus resulting in a smaller overall profit. This smaller profit affects the CEOs of businesses because it lowers the amount of cash they can give themselves if they want the company to keep running.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: It appears they agreed to null this debate.