MeganLoaskia
debateboy

If weed was leaglised teenagers would not be taking Mephedrone

MeganLoaskia

Pro

I Don't know how many people are actually aware of the drug Mephedrone ( meow). but it has caused a big riot in England, Two teenagers dying from the legal high which has not yet been banned or classed, I stand Pro that if weed was legal and easier accessible , teenagers would not be looking for alternative legal highs .good luck :)
debateboy

Con

My opponent has failed to define terms and present me with arguments to refute, so I will bring up the first points in this match.

This is a topic based largely on common sense.

Assertion 1: All drugs are bad.
Reasoning: Isn't this obvious? Clearly, my opponent has not reaserched well enough to debate this on solid ground.
Marijuana is dangerous. So is the other drugs. An overdose of Marijuana can kill you, as shown by an incdent when a mother baked marijuana into cookies that a five year old girl ate. She ended up eating over a pound. Addiction to marijuana over a long time an lead to lung or throat cancer.
Evidence: SF gate, Growing up a Teen in America

Assertion 2: The drug was sold legally online.
Reasoning: The kids had access to it. It was online, and it wasn't even illegel. You have not brought up the fact that we should just ban meow altogether. Then this incident wouldn't have happened.
Evidence: Daily Mail

Assertion 3: Changing the law will not have much effect.
Reasoning: Many teenagers still take drugs. They still do it, even though the law forbids them to. How do we know that meow usage will not be continued? Allowing marijuana is simply unhealthy for them. It makes them addicted, crazed, and makes them emotionally unstable.
Evidence: The Daily Life magazine

To top it off, all drugs are bad. Allowing any type of drug won't help the situation. Although drugs are outlawed, many still use them, and I wait for my opponent's rebuttal.
MeganLoaskia

Pro

I thank my Opponent for standing con in this following debate.

My opponent stated that i have failed to define terms and present an argument to refute?, Sorry im confused, There was no basic definition needed and as for presenting an argument can i remind you that my opponent has the full wrap for round one, so how was i supposed to state a full argument? :S

I would Like to quote my opponent in certain areas ,

Assertion 1: All drugs are bad.
Marijuana is dangerous. So is the other drugs. An overdose of MariAssertion 1: All drugs are bad.
Marijuana is dangerous. So is the other drugs. An overdose of Marijuana can kill you, as shown by an incdent when a mother baked marijuana into cookies that a five year old girl ate. She ended up eating over a pound. Addiction to marijuana over a long time an lead to lung or throat cancer.uana can kill you, as shown by an incdent when a mother baked marijuana into cookies that a five year old girl ate. She ended up eating over a pound. Addiction to marijuana over a long time an lead to lung or throat cancer.

Tell me how can i research something, i have not yet posted an argument for?My opponent explains that marijuana can kill you, yet has failed to present any statistics or justification to back up this statement, 10% of weed smokers have died from weed in the last three years in the uk due to excessive smoking and prolonging their appetite,

Everyone is well aware of the dangers that alcohol and tobacco use presents to the population, but there is no definitive, scientific evidence that states that marijuana has long-lasting, harmful effects. Alcohol and tobacco use causes hundreds of thousands of deaths in the US and UK every year. Annual deaths are even reported from abuse of aspirin, and yet not one single death an be attributed to the recreational use of marijuana.

My opponent keeps mentioning things i haven't brought up, yet how am i supposed to if i have not posted an argument ?

My opponent exclaims that the government forbids all drugs, this is untrue there is many legal highs and rereational use drugs which are currently on the market.

The truth is marijuana is not a a major lethal drug it may cause few withdrawal symptoms but is fine when taken in moderation.

Moreover my opponent has failed to explain the lethal harm of mephadrone which if your not aware of is a plant food, which gives the likeliness effect of crystal meths and LSD, Two people have recently died from taking one intake of the drug. Because its so accessible they feel more comfortable using it public-ally and buying it knowing they can get away with it, I do believe although they shouldn't always be an alternative drug if weed was legalized it would stop youths rebelling against the law and therefore if they were to ban mephadrone for safety purposes and legalize weed , teenagers would stop finding alternative drugs which is quite frankly ridiculous alternatives.

Yes, all drugs are bad one way or another but weed compared to a lot is very minimal and we are not going to stop people taking these drugs because if you haven't already noticed people are just going to keep finding more ways of getting high legally and trying out and misusing stuff which is becoming as bad as heroin,
I believe we need to take a liberal approach to this.

- I thank my opponent and look forward to his rebuttal :)

; sources
http://www.amazon.com...
debateboy

Con

debateboy forfeited this round.
Posted by MeganLoaskia 7 years ago
MeganLoaskia
tied ? :O i should be winning this debate. Hmm to be honest most my debates have been personally attacked think im going to delete my account.
Posted by XStrikeX 7 years ago
XStrikeX
Stop v-bombing yourself. It's rude!
Posted by XStrikeX 7 years ago
XStrikeX
Why did you vote all for yourself, Debateboy?
Posted by debateboy 7 years ago
debateboy
Max, I love you!
Vote Placed by Danielle 6 years ago
Danielle
MeganLoaskiadebateboyTied
Vote Placed by XStrikeX 7 years ago
XStrikeX
MeganLoaskiadebateboyTied
Vote Placed by I-am-a-panda 7 years ago
I-am-a-panda
MeganLoaskiadebateboyTied
Vote Placed by debateboy 7 years ago
debateboy
MeganLoaskiadebateboyTied
Vote Placed by MeganLoaskia 7 years ago
MeganLoaskia
MeganLoaskiadebateboyTied