LifeMeansGodIsGood
Free_Th1nker

If you are not saved and going to Heaven, you are lost and sliding down to Hell.

Free_Th1nker

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

You can think there is neutral ground where you are free from execution of God's Justice, but there is not. If you are not saved from death, you are lost to it. If you save your friend in a firefight, that's only a temporary salvation, They will be lost to death sooner or later if not saved from it by God. You will be lost is not saved by God.

Neither Pro nor Con is allowed to make comments in this debate. Lost or saved people are welcome to comment. Ignoring the issue will not save you from Hell.
Free_Th1nker

Con

I accept. Burden of proof is on pro to prove heaven, hell, and god exist before he/she can assert that one can end up there. Not sure what pro means when saying "if you are not saved from death, you are lost to it." No one can be "saved" from death because we are all mortal; and there is no evidence to suggest that a god intervenes in ending or protecting lives.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

It sounds to me like you are dying, lost to death, and sliding down to the fire of Hell. Will the fire of Hell be enough to prove you are lost?
Free_Th1nker

Con

Well, technically speaking, we are all dying. Every day that passes is a day closer to death. Nobody can beat death. However, I would consider myself to be in fairly good shape, especially for my age.

If by the fire of hell, which presumably is underneath the earth's crust somewhere, you mean global warming, I am certainly feeling the effects of it. All this being said, god has nothing to do with it.

I don't feel like I am lost. I am actually very aware of my current location and if I forgot for some reason, I could just use the GPS on my phone to figure out where I am.

Even if I was about to die, who are you to say that I would not be going to heaven if such a place exists? I don't need the fear of the punishment of hell to be a good, moral person. Perhaps the same isn't for you.

If you could, please provide a bit of evidence that heaven, hell, and god exist. If you cannot do this, I will not be able to fear them. I cannot possibly fear things that cannot be proven to exist.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

We are not all dying. I have eternal life now. Jesus took my death. i am saved from dying. Death and Hell will be cast into the Lake of Fire, this is the second death. Our bodies are in stage one of death.......that's dying in time. Stage two of death does not count time becaue there will be no end to it. Jesus said "he that lives and beliecves in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" Yes sir, I know it's true, Jesus took my death and he gives me His eternal life. He paid for my sins with His sinless blood, ao my sins are paid for and I am saved from eternal death in the fire of Hell which is the penalty attached to sin if you are not saved from it. You have to receive jesus as your Savior to have eternal life. Otherwise, all you have in your body is death. If you receive Jesus as your Saviour, you will be born again of the Spiri of God and Jesus will give you a new heart from God, and your old dying will be done away with but you will never die. Sadly, most people think it's too good to be true.
Free_Th1nker

Con

You've discovered the secret to becoming immortal? Sir, you must run an experiment, write up an analysis, submit the paper and accept your Nobel Prize.

Can you prove Jesus existed? I certainly can't. No one I've ever spoken to could either.

To be honest, even if he was real, I am morally superior to anyone who believes in the idea of vicarious redemption. Thinking that you can put all your sin and wrongdoing onto another person, a dead one I may add, does not seem like a very moral way to live your life. I have a hard time believing that god raped Mary with himself in order to sacrifice himself to himself in order to alleviate the sins of the people he created and commanded.

Once again, you've done a better job of proving yourself to be a troll rather than fulfilling your burden of proof.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

The body is mortal. I have a new life in me from God, it's Jesus Christ in me. The old me was the sinner Jesus died for. He took all of my sin on Himself and burried it. Now my sins are covered, paid for by His blood. He rose from the grave and I believed on Him and received Him as my Saviour by asking God in His name to save me frrom Hell. He did, as He promises He will do for all, and now I have eternal life. One day I will have a new body that will be like Jesus' resurrected body, this old mortal body will be changed after God is done with it in this world.

If all you have is the same old you, all you have is death and it's eternal. You need to be born again, born of God's Spirt by receiving Jesus Christ as your Saviour. You can have eternal life now and never die. You can be forgiven and life forever enjoying good things in heaven far too good to imagine. Eternal life is God's offer through the blood of His Son to get you out of eternal daeth where you are now, to save you from sliding down to Hell fire.

Free_Th1nker

Con

I thoroughly do not understand how a man, who probably did not exist, being crucified thousands of years ago could have possibly made a change at an intermediate stage in your life. If your sins are in fact covered and paid for, do you mind stealing a new car for me? Mine is a piece of junk. I do not know why you would want a body like Jesus's: short, frail, and nailed to a cross; does not sound ideal to me.

I'm happy with me. I have much more than death, it's called my life. I value this life, the only one we can be certain of, more than anything. It seems you do not do the same. I'll accept god's offer (Allah preferably, I don't know anyone who would turn down 72 virgins) when a god gives me evidence to believe in him/her/it.

Until then, I'm content with this life. Please fulfill your burden of proof. I'd hate to see you lose after making so, so many critical, articulate points.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

I hate sin for the death and destruction it brings. God had to give his Son to pay for my sins so He could overlook my crimes against Him. There is pleasure in sin for a season, you can steal a car if you want to and God does not stop you first, but for me, no thank you. Nobody has a license to sin. You can enjoy sin if you want to all the way to the fire of Hell. I will take sides with God against my sin, and that is in every thought and imagination as much as I can handle confessing to without dropping dead. It is by God's mercy that I am not consumed. Even while I pursue holiness and do my best to put sin away from my life, I still fall short and deserve to die and burn in Hell. God would have every right to end my time here at any moment, the same as He holds that right over you. The difference with me and you is that I have agreed with God that my sin is worthy of death and Hell. You are taking for granted that you have the right to sin however you feel like it.

I entered into agreement with God agaisnt my sin and got saved from the fire of Hell when I saw that I was lost and had no right to live due to the fact that I have broken God's law. All have sinned. All deserve to die and burn in hell. All can be saved from it. As long as death has not finally taken you into eternity, you can be saved from Hell. Will you be saved?

Binding Contract:
I, God, do hereby swear by the blood of my Son, Jesus, to overlook all of your violations of my Holy Law (sin) and grant you full pardon and entrance into eternal life by the resurrection of my Son from the dead if you will agree to the following terms:

1) You must acknowledge that you are the one who deserved to die and my Son did not deserve to die.
2) You must believe that I love you so much that I died in your place in the form of Jesus Christ my Son, and you must believe that I raised Him from the dead and can do the same for you.
3) You must ask me to accept you on these terms, asking for my mercy to forgive you and believe that I am willing to forgive you. You must receive my Son, Jesus, as your Saviour by asking me in His name to save you.
This contract is written by me in the blood of my Son whom I gave to be the satisfaction for payment for your sins against me. If you honestly agree to the terms above, and will receive my Son as your Saviour, sign below.
It's not too good to be true, , I always honor my Word, and I have committed all Judgement into the hands of My Son, Jesus, who paid the price to secure this contract for you.

Sign here ____________________________________to enter into agreement with God and receive His guarantee of pardon and eternal life in Jesus Christ.
If you signed this agreement and received Jesus Christ as your Saviour, gettting baptized is the next step showing you are now identified in His death, burial, (shown by submersion under water) and resurrection (shown by being raised up out of water), and share the good news!
The Gospel according to John is a good place to start reading, and of course use only the King James Bible. Then read the Letter to the Romans. And pray and talk to God every day and ask Him to show Himself to you through His Word, the Bible, and thank God and praise the LORD forever!
Free_Th1nker

Con

Looks to me like you've sold your soul. Good luck with that. Personally, I don't prefer to sell myself into slavery of an imaginary being in the sky.

You have failed to fulfill your burden of proof. Nothing you've said shows that you are sliding into hell if you haven't been saved. You haven't even proven the existence of these post-reality theme parks.

Sorry to anyone who made it all the way through this, I'm sure it must have been a tedious and laborious task.
Posted by AsianGenius 2 years ago
AsianGenius
the pressure in the center of the earth is too great, it's solid iron
Posted by YaHey 2 years ago
YaHey
For an eternally burning torture pit resting maybe somewhere in the Earth(????), I actually haven't felt any burning sensation. I'm starting to think maybe the place doesn't even exist.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
LifeMeansGodIsGoodFree_Th1nkerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to prove heaven, hell, god exist
Vote Placed by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
LifeMeansGodIsGoodFree_Th1nkerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro, per usual, extremely off topic and spent most of the the debate preaching.
Vote Placed by Cooldudebro 2 years ago
Cooldudebro
LifeMeansGodIsGoodFree_Th1nkerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Another rant by LMGIG -_- Conduct goes to Con because Pro said he was going to hell. S/G tied. Sources tied because no one used any. Overall, Pro just made a long rant and never showed any proof that if you are not saved, you will go to hell. 0-4 victory for Con.