Solyra
TheJuniorVarsityNovice

If you cannot look into someones eyes and tell them to kill themselves than you aren't friends

TheJuniorVarsityNovice

Solyra

Pro

I truly believe this.
TheJuniorVarsityNovice

Con

Hello, Thanks for instigating this debate and I hope I can learn something, as the topic is unexpected and seems contradictory, but hey, maybe not...Let's begin:

Case:

Contention 1: Telling someone to kill thmeselves in a non joking manner is hurtfull

A friend is someone you hold dear and respect. Truely telling someone to kill themselves means that you consider them as worthless and makes them think you dont care about them, like a real friend would. I would be hurt if one of my friends told me to kill myself...
Solyra

Pro

That makes you weak. If you are offended by that then you have a weak heart. You have to look at it in a nice way, as they don't think that you deserve to live in such a corrupt world, so you want them to kill themselves so they don't have to. I for one think that suicide is completely ridiculous and unneeded.
TheJuniorVarsityNovice

Con

The world isnt corrupt, other people are corrupt, like those who tell their friends to murder themselves. They are they truely corrupt and evil ones and they are by no means a persons friend. A person would never wish harm on a true friend, and thats exactly what the resolution does
Solyra

Pro

I was clearly joking that last debate. I still stand to my point, as suicide is a joke and shouldn't even exist, if you can tell your friends to kill themselves than you are joking and are close with them.
TheJuniorVarsityNovice

Con

Pro has switched his entire argument in the summary round lol, thus he has basically jumped ship and forfeited his position. In the case that he hadnt I still would have shown that pro hasnt fulfilled his BOP... Thank you
Posted by TheJuniorVarsityNovice 1 year ago
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posted by M4sturDebater 1 year ago
M4sturDebater
You completely either completely contradicted yourself in that last sentence or you have no real friends.
Posted by Jonnykelly 1 year ago
Jonnykelly
Why don't you just look them in the eyes and tell them to kill their family too. Because no one should have to live with such corrupt people.
Vote Placed by That1User 1 year ago
That1User
SolyraTheJuniorVarsityNoviceTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to meet his BoP and switched his argument in the last round, thus essentially forfeiting while con held good arguments throughout.