Mrkelly
Preston

If you don't believe in good or evil, you have only one opinion.

Preston

Mrkelly

Pro

Your opinion on everything is the same. It is. It is neither good or evil.
Preston

Con

I accept, I will fulfill the requirements I need to, to win this debate, in this round;
I believe that believing in good or evil is the only option, seeing as my opponent didn't define good or evil I will:

Seeing things as good or evil is, Omened.

omened: anything perceived or happening that is believed to portend a good or evil event or circumstance in the future; portent.

I believe there are many other views beside omened:

Naturalistic fallacy is an example of a belief that doesn't use evil but instead perceives Neutralist views (the middle) and Good. Another example is seeing everything as good, Because there is more than one opinion.

Another reason why the resolution is false: I can believe there is only good but have a completely different opinion from my opponent, who believes in the same thing. If the resolution was true then there would only be three opinions, which is a false statement.
Mrkelly

Pro

Name one concrete opinion you have. If you don't believe in good or evil, your opinion, pro or con is invalid. You don't believe your own opinion as soon as you state it. You believe everything is subjective, does 2 plus 2 really equal 4? Is distilled water safe, or good to drink? Can actions cause negative or positive results. If you don't believe in good or evil,how can you tell. With no personal reference points, anything is acceptable to you.
Preston

Con

I personally dont believe in evil, i believe in nuetrality and good. what you concider evil i concider a challange that will make me better. There, i also have multiple opinions;

1)sharp cheddar is better than Swiss cheese

2)DDO has a lot of trolls on it but, its still fun to be on

3)Taco bell beats taco johns

4)Walgreens is to small to be a super market, and exists for convenience thus it is the same as a gas station's store

5) getting HEP-A would suck

see I don't believe in evil and I still have more than one opinion, thus you are incorrect.
Mrkelly

Pro

One through four are merely preferences. Only 5 is a real opinion, and you admit that contracting hepatitis A would, for you "suck". Suck used in this context would mean not good, bad, "evil", so you have admitted an evil could befall you. Walgreens is a convience style store, however, it dispenses prescribed drugs, which very few gas stations are licensed to do. A fact you might appreciate if you contract hep- A.
Preston

Con

oh yes contracting Hep-A would suck, but that's not because its bad, or evil, but because it would be a difficult challenge. I don't believe there is such thing as evil, you haven't provided any concrete examples of evil or even an example at all, thus you do not fulfill your BOP. Since you haven't and I have standing evidence I win. Vote CON!
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
hey, debates over, please refrain from continuing the debate
Posted by Mrkelly 2 years ago
Mrkelly
I never said good or evil exist. Merely without the concept, your opinions are neither good or evil, your opinion just is. Our very language accepts their existence. A difficult challenge would "suck", admits the concept of evil. I may not be very good at debating, but at least I didn't declare myself the winner with no votes cast yet. I hope to improve my skills with practice. Thanks for the debate.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
first define "of" and "and"
Posted by jackh4mm3r 2 years ago
jackh4mm3r
Definitions of good and evil?
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
MrkellyPrestonTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro didn't really uphold his resolution very well
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
MrkellyPrestonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Nonmoral opinions exist.
Vote Placed by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
MrkellyPrestonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct vote for arguing after the debate in the comments section. RFD: Con proved he did not believe in evil, failing the resolution set by Pro.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
MrkellyPrestonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro got thrown off by cons arguments in R1. He picked a resolution which called for absolutes, and never made a strong attempt at supporting it (except maybe in the comment section...). Pro must do more than merely try to disprove con. Con on the other hand made multiple contentions seeking to disprove the resolution, which effective or not, have greater merit to his case.