CatLuvrs54
CaptainDogma

If you eat meat, can you truly say you feel bad for animals that have been abused?

CatLuvrs54

Con

I saw a semi-similar debate that was closed nearly 2 years ago, and I thought that maybe the thought was changed. I say no because that describes me pretty well, I love chicken, steak, and some other meats, yet I genuinely feel bad for abused animals. In fact, We have 4 cats, and all but one is in some way or another a rescue animal, and I love all of them.
CaptainDogma

Pro

I'm confused... What are you for and what are you against here?
CatLuvrs54

Con

CatLuvrs54 forfeited this round.
CaptainDogma

Pro

I'm pretty sure you can eat meat and feel bad for animals who get tortured. People say you can't eat meat and feel bad for animals don't understand how humanity works. There's a difference between eating to survive and feeling bad for another life being flat out mis-treated. It doesn't take a genius to understand that it's simple... Eating is an essential survival mechanic we can't turn that off. However out right mistreatment for no other reason then thinking that it's fun to feel tall and stronger than someone or something else isn't essential for survival. When you eat an animal you're honoring a sacrifice, and showing that it didn't die in vain.
CatLuvrs54

Con

It partly describes me. I have had almost 10 cats, 1 dog, and about a dozen fish in my life, but steak is my favorite food. It's the same for almost every person I know, and I know there are thousands of other people out there that are the same way. If it weren't for my cat, Sweetie, I don't know what I would do. Just because you eat meat, you don't have to not like animals.
CaptainDogma

Pro

That's how a lot of people who eat veggies think, but deep down I have a feeling they don't actually believe it. Or they're just naive and want to feel some kind of moral superiority they know that they don't actually have.
Posted by CatLuvrs54 2 years ago
CatLuvrs54
Sorry guys, I guess I'm the only one who understands this all the way... Though yes, I meant to be Pro (for) it. I guess I need to word my debates better next time.
Posted by FantumHeist 2 years ago
FantumHeist
I cry when I eat my steak all the time and I go pay my respects but seriously it is depressing that we do this but we need the nutrients
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
The title is confusing, as are the roles in the debate. I think you're taking the perspective that one can eat meat and still harbor feelings of sympathy for animals that are abused, but the topic would require you to answer "yes" in order to make that your argument. Yet you seem to be saying "no." Probably best to clarify or rewrite the topic before someone snipes this.
Posted by CountCheechula 2 years ago
CountCheechula
Do you mean you can't feel bad for your cats because you eat chicken?