Max.Wallace
Mfuss

If you havn't been censored......

Max.Wallace

Pro

you are most likely brainwashed. Bring it.
Mfuss

Con

You are not subject to censorship, as is defined by Merriam Webster (1), if you are not voicing your opinions through a published medium. You cannot legally be censored in the United States so long as you are voicing your opinions through the medium of speech. (2)
The term brainwashed is misused here also as being brainwashed means that you are giving up your political, social, religious beliefs and accept contrasting regimented ideas. To my knowledge censorship may be suppressing your ideologies however censorship is not forcing to accept the ideologies contrary to those you hold. Again this would be illegal to perform in the US. (2)
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
https://www.law.cornell.edu...
Max.Wallace

Pro

Is your ancestor a Merriam or a Webster? tell the truth, I dare you.
Mfuss

Con

Both, my mothers side is Merriam and father's is Webster.
Let's get down to brass tax now that definitions have been established. I think there is a disconnect between being brainwashed and being censored as being brainwashed, per definition, is to have your ideologies rejected and replaced with ones you do not agree with- done through force all be it. Where being censored is simply having a publication hidden, you can still hold those ideologies and still tout them all you like.
Perhaps you should rephrase your argument stance to: The censorship of ideologies over a prolonged period will lead to elimination of those ideologies and pseudo brainwashing through suppression of ideas.
There now let us debate. Please begin with your stance.
Max.Wallace

Pro

Send me a copy of your family tree, liar. I dare you.
Mfuss

Con

I don't seem to have that on hand. I will continue debating the revised Pro argument.

I disagree that censorship alone will lead to elimination of ideologies. Nor would it allow more traction on the juxtaposition of those ideologies to be held more closely i.e. brainwashing. For instance let us reference anarchism, time and time again that has plagued the massive bodies of government that would otherwise be censoring the idea of anarchism. Yet it is alive and very well today. If we look at a few more geographic instances of censorship being revoked we can reference a number of books to fill. [1]

[1] http://dclibrary.org...
Max.Wallace

Pro

You straight out lied about your heritage. Were you expecting me to grovel at the pedestal of the English Teachers Bible? You lied.

Vote.
Mfuss

Con

Can you please confirm my lie through a valid set of facts?
Max.Wallace

Pro

2+2=4 is a fact. You stated your heritage, not me. The BOP is on you to prove your dictionary heritage. Don't pass the poop to me.
Mfuss

Con

Mfuss forfeited this round.
Posted by Mfuss 2 years ago
Mfuss
What does society do? You first must address what you are upset with otherwise it falls on empty ears from a hollowed mind. From reading what you've written it seems as though you have also been brainwashed, I don't see a single line item in this strand of thought that would warrant even the slightest hint of censorship.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
That's what the society does, won't be my first time. Still here. You keep on caving on. Fool.
Posted by lol101 2 years ago
lol101
Pro is going to get demolished.
Posted by Forthelulz 2 years ago
Forthelulz
But now Con gets to pick and choose definitions and whatnot. Dun dun dun.
Posted by n7 2 years ago
n7
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with a clear resolution.