Max.Wallace
Blade-of-Truth

If you look in the mirror and see a color, you are a racist.

Blade-of-Truth

Max.Wallace

Pro

That is just the truth.

Look in the mirror and separate you color from your face, unless you are a racist.
Blade-of-Truth

Con

This is absurd. I look forward to showing you the error of your ways.

I'll use this round for acceptance and clarification, and allow you to begin with your arguments.

Definition for racist: A person who believes that a particular race is superior to another. [1]

[1] http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...

The burden is on Pro to show how looking in a mirror and seeing color is racist. I do not believe it is racist, and after my opponent presents his opening arguments I will then present mine and additional rebuttals.

I now return the floor to Pro.
Max.Wallace

Pro

This is not personal, I will show you the error of the human way. You are one right? An individual?

Look n the mirror and around yourself, call yourself a color? Why, because you are not one of all of the race? What is a race? Natural selection is the race of science.

wrong? right? What race are you? Man, Woman, Black, White, somewhere in between? If so, without expectation of others, then you are of the human race.

Here come the blood shedder of truth next.
Blade-of-Truth

Con

My opponent has failed to present any reasonable arguments in favor of the resolution he has set out to affirm.

I. My opponent fails to understand the human senses, specifically vision.

My opponent believes that if you look in the mirror and see color, you are a racist.

For me, if you look in the mirror and see color, you are a normal human with the sense of vision known as color vision. Now, there are some people who are colorblind [1], which is the descriptive term given to the phenomenon of color vision deficiency. There are several different levels of color blindness as well, but for the sake of this argument, I believe it's evident that my point is clear: People who look in the mirror and see color are individuals who have the common sense of vision known as color vision.

[1] http://www.colourblindawareness.org...

According to the definition of racist, which I provided in my previous round, one would need to look in the mirror - see his or her skin color - and then proclaim his race as the most superior race or at-least more superior than one other race. Unless someone does this, they are not really a racist in the situation given by my opponent. Merely looking in the mirror and seeing color is not enough to be deemed a racist.

I will include some images to drive this point home.

Here are two images of men looking at themselves in a mirror:

Notice how the act of looking at oneself in the mirror is not racist. Notice how although they are seeing that they have skin colors, in this case black and white, yet are not being racist.

Now, here are some images of racists:

There is a major difference in these images. One can easily see that merely looking in the mirror and recognizing that your skin has color, whether it's white/black/yellow/brown/red, etc., is not enough to be deemed racist.

There is a third component as well...

III. Intention

There is one thing that none of these pictures can convey - intention. For my opponents resolution to stand affirmed, he'd have to show that there was that *intention* of being racist. What I mean is that if I look in the mirror, and say, "Hey, my skin is a light brown" then would that be racist? Nope. If I had gone in there with the intention of showing someone that I'm better than dark brown skinned people, then yes, that'd be racist. That's the key though, intention.

My opponent has yet to show how anyone noticing their own skin color while looking in a mirror has the intention of doing so as a racist, or to be racist. Without that key factor, my opponents case is completely destroyed and the resolution fails to be affirmed.

With that, I rest my arguments, and now move on to rebuttals.

IV. My opponent presented nonsensical arguments

My opponent starts by saying that because I call myself a color, I'm .... idk not one of all a race? It's hard to understand what Pro is saying exactly. He asserts at the end of that statement that natural selection is the race of science. My opponent will need to provide proof for this claim, otherwise it stands as nothing but a baseless opinion. Furthermore, I see no relevance to this baseless opinion to the resolution at hand. My opponent needs to draw a connection between his argument and the actual resolution, otherwise it stands as a moot point and holds no ground in this debate.

My opponent then asks what race am I, though it says clearly in my profile that I am Caucasian. Regardless, man or woman is not a race - so idk why my opponent gives that as a possible answer. I do not see how identifying my own skin color contradicts being a part of the human race. Also, humans are a species, not a race. Unless you are playing video games, in which case, yes, humans can be a race if there are other life forms to choose a character from. All of this is irrelevant though.

In conclusion,

I've presented several arguments negating the resolution. I've presented my rebuttals for the previous *opinions* shared by my opponent. I've called for Pro to provide proofs for his opinions to validate them as relevant facts that could affirm his case. As it stands, the resolution is negated.

The Blood Shedder of Truth graciously returns the floor to Pro.
Max.Wallace

Pro

Live in the past then. ignore the future for your ego's sake. That is what your argument tells me you wordy genius.
Blade-of-Truth

Con

My opponent has failed to provide any rebuttals to the counter-arguments I've raised.

I therefore extend all arguments as they currently remain standing unchallenged.

Pro has completely failed to meet his Burden of Proof, and the resolution thus stands negated.

For these reasons, I ask the audience to please vote Con.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Cool story bro
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
I beg the audience to vote CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As they will, as an audience does.

Silence is my skipper, and yours is a round of applause.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
Revel in your leadership of the masses, until disaster strikes, and then run like a fool.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
The King of Space has voted openly , and decided theyself kingly, so be it.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
I take offense at being called a wordy genius FYI!!! You are not as kind as you should be... Take that!!
Posted by Mr.Lee 2 years ago
Mr.Lee
What if I am color blind, and I hate Grey people?
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Lmao, I never called your argument "retarded". Your argument in the first round was "absurd", which I said clearly. What I called "retarded" was you, based on your comments. "I'm a member of the clique"... "pooh be they" - like, what does that even mean dude? You're a 40 yr old man apparently, but speak like a child. So I was saying to please not go "full-retard" because it seemed like that was what was happening. If you wish to make a sensible point, you need to speak with reasonable clarity.
Posted by MinaEdison 2 years ago
MinaEdison
It's not whether you SEE a race, it's whether you discriminate in a bad way against one race or another. I'm aware of race because I study my family geneology to a great degree. Why wouldn't I look in the mirror and see my freckles and brown hair and notice my traditional Irish appearance and ponder how my sister looks more like our Danish ancestors? Is that racism? No. When I look at my cat, I see a calico cat, not a tiger cat. But that doesn't make me a fur-ist - I don't say that my cat is better than other cats just that, with my glasses correcting my vision to 20/20, I can see that she's a calico.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
I forgive you for calling my argument retarded. You did, so what. Period.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Noted
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Max.WallaceBlade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to refute Con's arguments thus the resolution is negated.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Max.WallaceBlade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro completely failed. Lack of effort warrants conduct to con.
Vote Placed by Bennett91 2 years ago
Bennett91
Max.WallaceBlade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not provide arguments.