Shrektheboss
Tough

If you put 2+2 in a calculator and press enter, without pressing anything else, the answer will be 4

Tough

Shrektheboss

Pro

I am the definite winner of this debate, you can try to disprove me if you have the guts.
Tough

Con

You're supposed to press equals, 'enter' is only very rarely on a speicfic few calculators that have this in place of the equals sign.
Shrektheboss

Pro

That's not true, every single Texas Instruments graphing calculator has "ENTER" instead of "EQUALS". And the ones that have an equal sign instead of enter, an equal sign is in exactly the same place and has the same exact function.
Tough

Con

Evidence of calculators (all) having no enter sign and of Pro's plagiarism are coming up. Additionally, the resolution states nothing of Texas. On top of this, Pro has yet to prove that there even exists a calculator with an enter button let alone that the majority have them.

Evidence:

Shrektheboss

Pro

First off, I never plagiarized we just happened to say the same thing. I only mentioned Texas to disprove your statement where you stated that "very few calculators have an enter symbol". I'm not sure how to upload images on here so here's a link to a picture of a calculator with an enter sign. http://imgur.com...
Tough

Con

The resolution says 'a calculator' this means that any random calculator is being picked for it. If the majority have equals, not enter, for the function that Pro is stating, then the safest and most arguably plausible calculator to be analyzed for the resolution, is a non-graphing one (Pro supplied a very unusual graphing calculator which is definitely not the norm).

Thus, based on objective probability and evidence supplied the resolution holds untrue as it is in fact 'equals' which should be pressed and not enter.

It was a pleasure debating with Pro and I wish him better luck next time.

Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
if you*
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
the answer is equal to the question, comprehending the question is the answer to the question

i you find the question, you have the answer
Posted by mostlogical 1 year ago
mostlogical
I'm confused, why do ALL calculators have to have "ENTER" on the button?

Cheap and common calculators with just an equal sign don't tell you what the = button is called.

My scientific calculator has the word ANS (short for Answer) above the button with an equal sign. Does that mean the Answer button is not an Equals button?

There are different ways to say the same thing e.g. if I have pressed subtract I have pressed take away. Likewise if I pressed answer I have pressed enter.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
or that i just did it on my calculator and it bugged proving you wrong? you could say, 2 stones and 2 more stones are 4 stones anywhere in reality
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
how do you know it wont bug and show you 5 at some point?
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
The shrekt part made me laugh so hard I nearly pissed myself. Lol.
Posted by asi14 1 year ago
asi14
That's not true, every single Texas Instruments graphing calculator has "ENTER" instead of "EQUALS"
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
ShrekthebossToughTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't buy Con's plagerism argument, but Pro did say the "exact same thing" as the guy in the comments section, which, by itself is pretty questionable. For arguments I'll have to give this argument to Con concidering his semantics argument. Though Pro showed a few calculators the resolution shows that it would mean that ALL calculators needed to show the enter button and Con showed several that didn't. Thus arguments go to him.
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
ShrekthebossToughTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't refute Con's arguments. And he provided no sources, whereas Con gave a picture.