kellymarie
SONOFGOD2013

If you read the bible, will you believe in god?

kellymarie

Con

SONOFGOD2013 had stated that "if you dont believe in god READ THE BIBLE". So do people really think that if someone has picked up the bible and read it, they will believe in god and become a part of Christianity?
SONOFGOD2013

Pro

Well if you truly wanna change then yes. You will become part of Christianity. People who try to make you convert only "plant the seed" and if you listen then you will be saved by god. (:
kellymarie

Con

Well just because someone has different beliefs does not mean that they have to be "Saved". Inevitably people have different views, and it doesn't mean one is wrong or that one has to be saved by god. Even with reading the bible if they don't believe in it, it will not change them no matter how much they would like to believe in it.
SONOFGOD2013

Pro

Well they don't have to be saved but they should be saved. God gave us free will. So we aren't forced to be saved. They will change if they wanna believe it. You won't understand because you don't wanna believe it. (:
kellymarie

Con

As a matter of fact, I do believe it. I am part of the Catholic faith, but I do have common sense enough to be questionable and realistic about the matters of what is said in the bible. And as nice as it would be to believe in everything the bible teaches, there is a degree where you need to get a grip on the world and question things to gain more knowledge. One of the greatest philosophers of all time, Socrates, said that the answer to becoming wise and knowledgeable is by questioning everything.
SONOFGOD2013

Pro

You shouldn't question god because he's perfect. So that's shows that you have doubts about the word of god. Don't worry god one day will show you that he's always right.
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
I'm not your son
Posted by Juan_Pablo 3 years ago
Juan_Pablo
SON, you might be right on some issues. I wont completely discount your advice.
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
Sorry I accidentally posted that statement twice
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
I see that you have doubts which means you need faith my brother. You need to trust The Lord and I guarantee you that god will answer you prayers.
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
Posted by Juan_Pablo 3 years ago
Juan_Pablo
Well, okay, SONOFGOD2013:

I may have spoken in anger, which is wrong.

It's possible that prayer does make a difference in our lives on some issues. But from my experience God doesn't answer all prayer.

But your criticize of my previous statements is probably fair.
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
All I can say is that your blinded by the world my brother.
Posted by Juan_Pablo 3 years ago
Juan_Pablo
Now, people have the right to believe in what they want, and they have the freedom to pray and worship to this being. But it's my opinion that these actions make no difference whatsoever.

I could be wrong or there could be a loophole in my statement somewhere, but that's what I suspect is true.
Posted by Juan_Pablo 3 years ago
Juan_Pablo
Son: I know that I can never truly like the God of our universe! That bastard needs to be executed.
Posted by WyattEarp19 3 years ago
WyattEarp19
Well alright then!
Vote Placed by AgentRocks 3 years ago
AgentRocks
kellymarieSONOFGOD2013Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I am still kind of wondering... Believing in Catholicism? Or Protestant?