julianarodham
CosmoJarvis

If you voted for Donald Trump you are racist.

CosmoJarvis

julianarodham

Pro

Yes, this can be proven time and time again. The Klu Klux Klan, publicly endorsed Donald J. Trump. And recently, he came out with a "Muslim Ban" that would lead many people to believe that his agenda is to create fear in minorities.
CosmoJarvis

Con

No, I do not believe that all Trump voters are racists.
This election was admittedly a fairly turbulent one. Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State and co-founder of the Clinton Foundation, versus Donald Trump, a backwards businessman. The decision for who should be our president was not a black-and-white one. Hillary Clinton is convicted of using a private email server. She deleted over three thousand emails, some of which that were bound to be pertaining sensitive information. The question of why she even had a private email server has still not yet been answered. Trump is no better of a presidential figure. He's outspoken, his success relies on licensing the Trump name and on Fred Trump's real estate business, he's used illegal immigrants as a source of cheap labor and so on. However, some people weighed the options and chose Trump as their presidential candidate as opposed to Clinton, whether because the voters were strong supporters of the Republican Party, they didn't like Clinton's planned policies, or they were concerned with her private email server and her connections with businesses like Goldman Sachs.
julianarodham

Pro

Very true, many people believe that the sole reason they voted for Trump was because of his policies. Therefore, they believe they are not racist. Racism is a spectrum, not all racists are out there wearing white robes. You have to look at this debate from a different perspective. This election was more than just, Hillary vs. Donald Trump, it was bigger than a "regular" election. Like I stated previously, racism is a spectrum. When a person as a voter decided to vote for Donald Trump, they are voting for everything he stands for. You cannot vote, for a couple of his policies.

This being said, when Donald Trump states he wants to create a "Muslim registry" when you vote for him; even if you don't agree with this ideology, you are still voting for the man who will follow through with this. The Klu Klux Klan voted for the Donald J. Trump and they publicly endorsed him. For many, this should unacceptable, but it wasn't. For many this should have been an "aha" moment, that Trump is racist. If you gave in and voted for him, you voted for a racist. You have become a bystander to the public racism that he endorses. Just because you don't take part in the KKK's rituals, and just because you may not go out and use racial slurs, doesn't change the fact that his racism wasn't a deal breaker. Even after all of this, you were still able to go out and vote for him. You accepted his racism, and that in itself is a racist act.

Not to mention, the lack of empathy a voter must have for minorities if they voted for Donald Trump. I'll state it for a third time, there has to be a point in time where you say "enough is enough" there has to be a line, and for many Donald Trump crossed this line.

For me, Hillary Clinton used a private email server, was it a good decision? No. Did she apologize? Yes. The fact that her email may be more susceptible to hacking was not a deal breaker for me. The whole issue with Benghazi has been investigated 863 times. The investigations were thorough, and Hillary Clinton was not found to be guilty of any wrongdoing. If she had said what Donald Trump had said, especially in a public setting it would have been a deal breaker for me and so many other people. That doesn't mean I would go out and vote for Trump, just as I wouldn't expect Trump voters to vote for Hillary. There are third party nominees, and constituents always have the option of not voting. So, if you really disagree with half of the things that he has to say, you don't have to vote for him. Point, blank, period.
CosmoJarvis

Con

"When a person as a voter decided to vote for Donald Trump, they are voting for everything he stands for. You cannot vote, for a couple of his policies."

This statement is false. As I explained in my first argument, you may vote for someone, not because you accept all of their policies, but because you feel that they are the best candidate for their position. If I agree with Trump on certain subjects like economics and decide to vote with him, I am not automatically some bigoted racist who is one of the same with the Klu Klux Klan, just like how, if you vote for Hilary Clinton, you don't have to support her shady deals behind closed doors with Wallstreet, or support the massive riches that she accumulated with the proceedings from the Clinton Foundations.

There will never be an election where one of the candidates is a "perfect" presidential nominee. If we do not vote for someone simply because they do not envelope all of the values and beliefs that we possess, then we, as Americans, are failing our duty of deciding who can best lead our country. Yes, we may have contrasting opinions in different topics, but that should not discourage us from voting for the candidate who will be our best assurance of improving our country and providing for the needs of all Americans.
julianarodham

Pro

Again, you are not necessarily agreeing with everything they say, but you are accepting their stance on the issue. Because when you vote for someone you're voting for everything they stand for, it doesn't mean that you agree with everything you say. I never stated that you did, but you are accepting it.

At some point, the willingness to accept racism in a president; has to be seen as a racist act.
CosmoJarvis

Con

My mother and grandparents on my father's side voted for Donald Trump. My mother has taught me to accept others regardless of their heritage and faith, so there is no question that she is a racist. Similarly, my grandparents always practiced the tolerance of others. Both my grandparents and my mother voted for Donald Trump primarily because of his plans for the economy and his experience as a businessman.

My mother and grandparents had no intention of "voting for everything [Donald Trump] stands for." As I have said in my previous arguments, there is no ideal president; someone that can represent all the views and principles that we hold sacred, especially in an election like this; where you were forced to choose between a greedy, unsuccessful businessman and a corrupt politician. My mother and grandparents simply decided which candidate was the "greater of two evils," and decided that, because of his business credentials, he'd be a great president, useful for lowering our debt, bring back jobs to the American people, and help our economy grow.

By assuming that all people who vote for Trump are racists, you assume that nearly half of America is racist, being that Trump won 46.1% of the popular vote. Pro's argument relies on the basis that "when you vote for someone you're voting for everything they stand for," only to retract that claim with "it doesn't mean that you agree with everything [the candidate] says." Pro's argument is very vague, failing to provide any evidence or claims further from those basic statements, and Pro fails to acknowledge or rebut my points on how this was a tough election where voters had to choose between two candidates, each possessing various flaws which made the decision for who to vote for ultimately a "greater of the two evils" sort of situation.
Posted by Accipiter 1 year ago
Accipiter
Not all republicans are racist, but all racists are republicans.
Posted by Edlvsjd 1 year ago
Edlvsjd
You're all f****** idiots stop watching TV
Posted by Spud 1 year ago
Spud
@Julianarodham "For example, with the Clinton email scandal. For me, this was not a deal breaker however, when Donald Trump was publicly endorsed by the KKK, for me this would be a deal breaker."

And Clinton was endorsed by Qatar Saudi Arabia. Extending your impeccable logic, if a person voted for Clinton, they are misogynists.

I'm not American, I'm Australian. But if I were American, I would have voted for Trump; least he wasn't a war-monger. And people say that Trump didn't have the mentality to be president; meanwhile in reality, Clinton was doing her best to blame Russia for rigging the election. That's the sort of stuff puts huge strains on relationships between countries.

Stating that if you vote for Trump, you're a racist, is not a good move - you've got a very good chance that you're going to lose this debate, as your stance is based purely on an emotional response to the issue.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
In Pro's defense, the ban against refugees coming into the United States was against seven nations, each of which are dominated by Muslim populations, which may lead people to believe that this is an indirect "attack" on Muslims. Additionally, Trump has stated to strictly prioritize Christian refugees.
Posted by JohnDoe360 1 year ago
JohnDoe360
It's not even a dang muslim ban why dont you look into it before you comment dumb crap like this
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
How is the kkk supporting him make him racist? How can he control that? Also be careful when you say muslim ban, as it was not a ban on muslims it was a 3 month temporary refugee restriction from 7 countries that the Obama administration called "sources of terror." Obama actually used the same policy in 2011 when he banned visas from Iraq for 6 months.
Posted by ILikePie5 1 year ago
ILikePie5
If anyone is racist, it's Hillary. She called African Americans superpredators and her own mentor Robert Byrd was former KKK member. Trump has nothing to do with the KKK. The KKK supported Trump because they were anti-Hillary. Them being anti-Hillary doesn't make Trump a racist.
Posted by fishhunter61 1 year ago
fishhunter61
Racist against what race?
I know African American and Muslims who voted for Trump.........
Posted by ss_anouse 1 year ago
ss_anouse
No, that would make Obama a racist too because he put a ban on muslims entering the country 2 months longer than trump, trump put a 4 month, obama did a 6 month in 2011, and 2 kkk leaders endorsed hillary, 1 kkk leader donated 20,000 dollars to hillarys campaign and her NEPHEW joined the kkk
Posted by cwt002 1 year ago
cwt002
Seems like you may be making an assumption that only white people voted for Trump but what about people of color that voted for Trump are they racists too?

Also, Hillary Clinton called a former member and recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan, Robert Byrd, her friend and mentor.
Vote Placed by warren42 1 year ago
warren42
julianarodhamCosmoJarvisTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins this debate by proving that you don't have to be accepting of all ideas of a candidate to believe that they are the better fit. He provided multiple examples (all be it unreliable anecdotal evidence) of instances in which someone could vote for Trump and still not be racist. Pro, on the other hand just asserts that accepting a racist president is racist. Over and over. No real warrant as to *why* this is the case.
Vote Placed by Mharman 1 year ago
Mharman
julianarodhamCosmoJarvisTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro basically threw a fit, and just stated that all Trump supporters are racist without using any evidence to backup his claims for two of the rounds. When he did backup his claims, con negated it by stating the fact that even IF Donald Trump is racist doesn't mean his supporters are, as some voters feel that they might as well take a racist over Clinton, because in their minds Clinton was just that awful. Meanwhile, con used evidence to back up his claims, and then pro accused him of twisting things. I took note especially when con listed examples of people who are not racist and voted for Trump.