skaddad
KingJokeAlot

If your study showed a difference in genetic intellect across races, would you release it?

skaddad has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

skaddad

Con

Hypothetically, if you were a geneticist who, in your study, had discovered a difference in intellect across races, would you release the study?
Personally I would avoid the release of the study as it would definitely inflame race relations, even if it meant avoiding true science and objectivity.
KingJokeAlot

Pro

If I were a geneticist, I would not likely be concerned with the topic of races, which is a social construct and has no real scientific basis. Human genetic difference is on a spectrum that can't in any meaningful way be discretely divided. Classifying humans by the color of their skin is just as valid (scientifically) as classifying them by the color of their eyes or hair. None of these ways of classification are in any way scientifically useful (unless you're talking about some social science). For example, natives from Africa and natives from Australia are the most genetically different group of people, yet here in the US they would both be labeled "black" because of their dark skin.

Now for sake of the debate let's say that in my study I decide to classify people by skin color and somehow I find that people of lighter skin tone have a higher intellect due to their biology.

In a world were black people are ACTUALLY less intelligent than white people, struggles of achieving equality for races would be pointless since basic human biology will impede that. Releasing such a study, then, would be beneficial for everyone. White people would HYPOTHETICALLY be actually more suited for jobs that require more cognitive ability and letting the public be aware of this would stop the conflict because it would be rightly justified by biology instead of wrongly justified by bias.