fred70
ampersand01

If you're not God, does that mean that I am by default?

ampersand01 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

fred70

Pro

If you're not God, two things are certain: By your own admission you are excluded from the possibility of being God, and by that exclusion you cannot claim ultimate knowledge regarding the matter.
ampersand01

Con

Just because I am not aware of who God is, or that I do not have the capability of knowing who is without explicit proof or ultimate knowledge, does not make you God by default. Your argument applies more to the existence of a god rather than it being anyone by default. Default also implies that just because I do not know that it must be you, which makes little to no sense as it is based on the assumption that you not excluding yourself from being God must make you God, as no-one else can prove otherwise and they have already excluded themselves.
fred70

Pro

If I do not exclude myself from the possibility of being God, but you exclude yourself, then the probability of me being God is higher than yours according to the mechanics of plausibility.
There's no method whereby to determine, unequivocally the probability of God's existence.
There's no method whereby to unequivocally prove God's existence is improbable.
The unpredictability of any method used to determine who's God, makes me God by default.
Posted by fred70 1 year ago
fred70
I know what I said in round 1 doesn't jive with round 2. What I said in round 1 was in anticipation of a christian. I had something totally different up my sleeve.
When I realized you weren't a christian I had to change coarse.