Koopin
Nails

Illegal Aliens

Con Tied Pro

Koopin

Con

Hello,
Thank you audience for taking the time to examine this debate.
And thank you opponent, I hope we both learn interesting information, I would say good luck, but I would like to win.

I know that I am debating against the odds since many people are okay with illegal aliens coming into our county.
I do not hate anyone because of their race, but I will not stand still while illegal immigrants invade the United States of America consuming our resources, taking our jobs, setting our flags ablaze, disrespecting our nation, murdering our citizens, and using our tax dollars.
Is there someone who would disagree with me that wants to have a friendly yet firm debate?
Nails

Pro

I'm not exactly sure what it is that we're debating, but I assume that my opponent is advocating that the USA take strict(er) measures to stop illegal immigration and/or send illegal immigrants back to their original country.

I'll simply start off with questions for CON and give a rebuttal in round 2 once I know what exactly we are debating.

Q1: What is the exact wording of the resolution that we are debating? (for example, Resolved: The US should not increase efforts to stop illegal immigration?

Q2: On which side of the resolution (PRO/CON) does the status quo fall?

Q3: What, specifically, are you advocating? A border fence? Stricter punishment? Taking over all other countries so that their is nowhere from which aliens can illegally emigrate?

Q4: Should the United States only protect the rights of citizens of the United States?
Koopin

Con

Koopin forfeited this round.
Nails

Pro

Hopefully CON will be able to clarify next round. Otherwise this is going to be a dismal debate.
Koopin

Con

Hey, sorry I am not clarifying. I am still new to this, I made the mistake of not making the debate clear. I am debating with another person on this subject. But I am more clear. I wanted to go ahead and post this so you dont have to wait 3 days to win.
Nails

Pro

That's fine. I'll just give a quick rebuttal and summarize.

"I will not stand still while illegal immigrants invade the United States of America consuming our resources, taking our jobs,"

--These illegal immigrants are primarily employed in jobs that the average, self-respecting American would never want to do. They often do the menial labor that the rest of society doesn't want to do, so the fact that they are taking these jobs is actually a good thing, because it means the legal citizens of America don't have to.

"setting our flags ablaze, disrespecting our nation,"

--Why would they disrespect our nation? They come here looking for a better life. America comes as a blessing. They have no reason to set out flags ablaze. Rather, it's primarily the legal citizens who disrespect our nation, talking smack about presidents past and present, whing about everything our government does, and taking everything handed to them for granted. The average illegal immigrant probably has far more respect for America than your average citizen.

"murdering our citizens, and using our tax dollars."

--I don't see why they would commit murder at a rate any higher than your average John Doe American citizen, absent CON's blind assertion. I would also argue that they benefit us, rather than detriment us. As stated above, they take jobs that most Americans don't want, and further, they work for under minimum wage, which gives locally owned businesses the ability to compete with foreign companies. Any minor use of our tax dollars (how do they use our tax dollars, anyway?) is certainly more than recompensed by their hard work in bolstering our economy.

---

These illegal immigrants are just as human, and just as deserving of respect, as anyone else in America. CON's assertions are not only unwarranted and most likely false, but ignore the humanity of illegal immigrants. He treats them as no more than an economic issue (do they bolster the economy, or don't they?) rather than treating them as humans deserving of respect.

That is why I am PRO for "Resolved: Illegal Aliens."
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
Your from the UK?
Posted by missyt 7 years ago
missyt
I didnt say you was. BUT im talking about both cause USA is the dog and UK is the tail...simple a that.
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
I did not say the UK. I said USA, I have to be in the country to talk for it.
Posted by missyt 7 years ago
missyt
Ok so take out all the the people who are illegal put them back in a war zone or a country of no hope, let them die hungry and homeless beacause USA is full OH WAIT its your country and mine that made them leave there's most of the time. So the big old USA and UK cant handle the amount of illegal's coming into the country but we go start a war in there's? Or maybe we shouldn't bang on about great we are (when we are not) and then we wouldn't advertise paradise to them. What I have a problem with is the people not seeking refuge from war or a disaster zone...but they still have a right to seek for a better life. If the government approves so what...If our countries become war zones, what will we do if we cant become soldiers? Seek refuge someone where safe. Its human nature to protect yourself and loved ones. So no one should should leave unless there is more of a valid reason. As for work so many English sit on there butts banging on about how the Polish took there jobs...they didn't, the English just couldn't be bothered to look for work. We have benefits and take advantage of it here, we were sitting on government handouts long before illegal's came and started working here.
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
well, what I am getting at is that Illegals are not helping the usa
Posted by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
"if I answer the question, then I will only have one round to debate with you."

no, just give a quick answer to each question, then post your argument.
Posted by daniel_t 7 years ago
daniel_t
I cannot debate you because:
1) Like Nails, I'm not entirely sure what the proposition is supposed to be.
2) I'm going out of town until the 14th or 15th.

Thank you for the offer though.
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
if you want me to go into full details we can start a debate. Do you want to?
Posted by daniel_t 7 years ago
daniel_t
Koopin,

So as long as everybody who enters the USA has a background check and pays taxes, you are OK with any number of immigrants?
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
nails, I can't answer your questions and have a fair debate, I know you cant either, But if I answer the question, then I will only have one round to debate with you. I suggest a new one. Here is what I believe.

1. The USA should be stricter increase efforts
2.don't understand your question
3.Stricter punishment
4.The USA should only protect the rights of citizens of the United States, and not give the aliens rights(except for human rights and major stuff like that)
Vote Placed by ethopia619 6 years ago
ethopia619
KoopinNailsTied
Vote Placed by Spunkyasp 7 years ago
Spunkyasp
KoopinNailsTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
KoopinNailsTied
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
KoopinNailsTied
Vote Placed by MrHardRock 7 years ago
MrHardRock
KoopinNailsTied