doctorcsss
GirlGamer14

Illegal Immigration/Amnesty

doctorcsss

doctorcsss

Con

I feel VERY strongly that the United States needs to secure our boarders, in an attempt to stem the flow of illegal immigrants which is currently bankrupting our country. Anyone who is in favor of illegal immigration/amnesty please let me know why you support either/or.
GirlGamer14

Pro

Why secure your borders?Why if imigrants are people too ?What did they do that is so bad that we have to put borders on them.Its like when you put an animal in a cage,they are NOT animals.And last time i checked this is a free country,how come when imigrants are involved this country is not as free as it sounds??
doctorcsss

Con

doctorcsss forfeited this round.
GirlGamer14

Pro

GirlGamer14 forfeited this round.
doctorcsss

Con

Why secure our borders??? Its hard to tell if you are serious. Regulating travel to and from a country is essential for keeping its citizens safe. Yes, immigrants are people too. But by illegally crossing the border, they are technically criminals. I am all for being nice to people, but when they break the law, there should be consequences.
Your argument that this is a 'free country' and therefore allow unregulated immigration is illogical. This IS a free country, but those rights are reserved for lawful citizens of this country. We cannot afford to support millions of illegal immigrants.
Besides, illegal immigrants are essentially 'cutting to the front of the line' so to speak, in front of many who are waiting to legally immigrate into this country. So building a fence to protect our economy, national security, and uphold principles of equality doesn't sound like that bad of an idea after all.
GirlGamer14

Pro

GirlGamer14 forfeited this round.
Posted by doctorcsss 1 year ago
doctorcsss
Please vote for me, the opponent fore-fitted,
Posted by doctorcsss 1 year ago
doctorcsss
Dude, there are literally billions of people around the world who would give everything they had to immigrate into this amazing country. There is no physical way that we could support that amount of people. SO why should we make a double standard and allow Latin Americans free access but not these other groups? We need to draw a line and set a standard. It sounds harsh, but it is the realistic answer.
NEWS FLASH: Reality is not an easy thing
Posted by Tommy.leadbetter 1 year ago
Tommy.leadbetter
So essentially your saying you support the fact its legal, rather than you don't support people doing it. Is that right? So its not that you think desperate people should avoid breaking the law, its that you actually think the law to dismiss desperate people is good and you support it. is that right?

I disagree. But I only disagree because I have compassion, and live by a moral code that endorses 'love' and 'life' beyond any other importance's. So I don't think we are on the same level and so would not be able to engage in debate, if (I assume) you merit material wealth over human life then how can I objectively argue against it? Its impossible to win this debate, I think, because compassion and 'love' are too hard to objectively reason.

Its wrong to deny people aid when your their only hope and they are desperate. Any person worth their weight should put themselves out to help others and if not, should stop accepting all the benefits of an exploited world outside their borders. As much of the wealth of wealthy nations (yours presumably) comes from the blood and tears of those countries who immigrate to your country.

I know your not cruel or mean, I just think people with your viewpoint are lacking the right information.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
doctorcsssGirlGamer14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides' arguments amount solely to assertions, but Con's the only one actually presenting any sort of case here, albeit it's unstructured and lacking in warrants, evidence, and links. Pro had to present some positive arguments, and instead uses the only round she did anything with to attack Con's reasoning. Con gets in some responses to that, and I'm at least uncertain enough that I award the win to Con. Since Con forfeited one less round, he also gets conduct.