I'm 11 and I want an Iphone 5c

Started: 4/28/2015 Category: Technology

Hello guys (just saying I know it says I'm 19 but I wanted an account and at 11 years old it wouldn't work). Please say whether you think I should have one or not. I really want one! Just an iphone5c, not an I phone 6 or anything fancy.

Kendall :)

No. You should have chicken tikka masala instead

Ingredients:4 tbsp vegetable oil25g butter4 onions, roughly chopped6 tbsp chicken tikka masala paste (use shop-bought or make your own - see recipe, below)2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2" cm cubes2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes4 tbsp tomato pur"e2-3 tbsp mango chutney150ml double cream150ml natural yogurtchopped coriander leaves

Method:Heat the oil and butter in a large, lidded casserole on the hob, then add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for 15-20 mins until soft and golden. Add the paste and peppers, then cook for 5 mins more to cook out the rawness of the spices.Add the chicken and stir well to coat in the paste. Cook for 2 mins, then tip in the tomatoes, pur"e and 200ml water. Cover with a lid and gently simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.Remove the lid, stir through the mango chutney, cream and yogurt, then gently warm through. Season, then set aside whatever you want to freeze (see tips, below). Scatter the rest with coriander leaves and serve with basmati rice and naan bread. (1)

With the money required to buy said iPhone, one could purchase a more beneficial luxury - chicken tikka masala. Therefore, Pro should not get the iPhone 5c.

OKAY, so I live in New Jersey and I am originally from Georgia. I have my dad and step mom there, also my brother and sister, most of my family, and my friends. It would be nice to actually get to communicate with them. And it is a good way to learn some responsibility. I wouldn't play on it all the time and I wouldn't let it distract me from more important things. I have promised my Mom and stepdad that I will do chores and work for it but they still say no. I really don't get it, all of my friends have one too and they are either 11 or 12. I just think it would actually b nice if I could talk to my family/friends and not have to be at home to do it, and besides, no one wants to carry around an ipad when they are waiting for their aunt, cousin etc to respond to a text or call you back.

Pro's argument assumes the following syllogism.

P1: Pro needs to be able to communicate
P2: The iPhone 5c allows Pro to communicate
C: Therefore, Pro should get the iPhone 5c

But... How does this necessarily mean that she needs the iPhone 5c? I mean, if communication is the issue, why wouldn't one purchase a Nokia 3310?

It is far cheaper than the iPhone 5c... If one were to buy a used Nokia it would cost one only £13!(1) Approximately £300 less than the iPhone 5c (2).

Therefore, Pro should not purchase the iPhone 5c, and purchase the Nokia Brick instead.

Because, that phone looks pretty old and crappy. If I were to get a phone, could it at least be a nice one??! Besides, I would never know how to work the phone. And, I can guarantee that people would make fun of me because I had a stupid phone. It's much more convenient to have an apple device, that's the phone that most people have, so if my phone died, I could ask someone for a charger. With that Nokia thing, no one would ever have a charger. And for my younger friends, or friends with no phone but just an iPad or iPod, they would probably want to talk to me, and I have to have an iPhone to talk to people with an email for Imessage.

"Because, that phone looks pretty old and crappy."

Pro uses subjective opinion as an objective proof... However, opinion from all frame of references are equally valid. It could look "old and crappy" to one, but "sexy, absolutely tantalising, 'OMG I NEED THIS PHONE'" to others.

"if my phone died, I could ask someone for a charger"

This is an appeal to extremes fallacy.

"With that Nokia thing, no one would ever have a charger."

Bare assertion.

"they would probably want to talk to me, and I have to have an iPhone to talk to people with an email for Imessage."

One can do that without necessarily purchasing an iPhone 5c.

Umm no, if you don't have an iphone, you can't text other devices that aren't from apple. And I love instagram, youtube, and I always have lots of photos. I bet you can't even have those on that phone and I bet it doesn't have a lot of storage. And no, I promise you I could ask any of my friends "do you like my new phone" (if i had the nokia) and they would probably say things like: "no, it looks old", or "no, those arent popular'. I don't really care about popularity, thats why I want the 5c instead of the 6 plus. Another reason is that I could be much more safe with a phone than without, plying outside with my friends is not really safe without a phone. A phone could keep me safe and could let me have conversations with my friends and family on a new, updated, full storage, phone.

"Umm no, if you don't have an iphone, you can't text other devices that aren't from apple"

I wasn't referring to the Nokia. You can purchase much earlier models of the iPhone to be able to do all of the things you have listed.

" I love instagram, youtube, and I always have lots of photos."

All of that can be done on the previous models of the iPhone - not just the iPhone 5c.

"A phone could keep me safe and could let me have conversations with my friends and family on a new, updated, full storage, phone."

I suggest the iPhone 5 - it's cheaper than the 5c and can do everything you have listed.

Pro has dropped the argument about costs, and hasn't provided enough evidence for why she would definitely need the iPhone 5c, because all of the prerequisites she listed are fulfilled by much cheaper devices.
Posted by usernamesareannoying 1 year ago
But what about the nokia?
Posted by kdog519 1 year ago
HA! I already got an iphone 6
Posted by kman100 1 year ago
Definitly go with the chicken tikka
Posted by crazyness 1 year ago
Most people say they wont be on it for long, until they actually get a phone which then turns into a lie. Plus, if you need it for communication, why don't u get a phone that only has two buttons for home and emergency like police. If you want to text or talk to your friend, then email them. I am older than u, and I don't even have a phone or ipod.
Posted by kdog519 1 year ago
I would not be on it too much, I live in New Jersey and I want to talk to my friends in Georgia (bc that's where I'm from) I don't see the problem, I wouldn't have my face stuck in it forever like most people. I think it is also a way for me to learn some responsibility.
Posted by deathwish188 1 year ago
Hello kdog519, I don't see why you shouldn't have an iPhone5c, unless you are going to be on it too much. My nephew is 8 and he has an iPhone 5, but he is not on it too much. Just to let you know, I think this topic would fit under an opinion or poll
Posted by NNEye 1 year ago
Why should you have an iPhone 5c?
Posted by Yassine 1 year ago
- Hahahhahahahha. This is hilarious.
Posted by Himans45 1 year ago
What's the point of this debate?...
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Tie. Both sides maintained reasonable conduct. | S&G - Con. Pro used words such as "Ummm ...." which gravely hurt readability, and their punctuation was very poor. Thus, S&G to Con. | Arguments - Con showed how an iPhone 5 is more useful than iPhone 5c and argued on the basis of cost, and communication via. earlier models of Nokia. Pro *dropped* Con's arguments and did not make any valid arguments, thus Con wins arguments. | Sources - Con. Con used the only sources. | 6 points to Con. | As always, happy to clarify this RFD.