PawelK
michalg

I'm European but why USA have so high drinking age (21) does you would defend you country ?

PawelK

Con

In my country, Poland you can buy alcohol at the age of 18, there is no age limit when it comes to alcohol consumption.

I am a teetotaler I do not drink alcohol because I have poor health, and not like the smell of alcohol even was rejected by the military due to health reasons, military service was compulsory in Poland until 2008, now we have a professional army. Though I wonder whether, if in Poland formula USA introduced a ban on the sale of alcohol to people under 21, which postulate some Polish right-wing politicians, With normal young man who wanted to fight for such a country?. "If they treat us like children why should we fight? Let the" adults "fight that is those who have completed 21 years':-) "
michalg

Pro

It's important that we don't give beer to people that are too young. Your brain isn't fully developed until you are 21, and since alcohol destroys brain cells, you may at least wait until you have a full set before killing them. And we can't have hundreds of drunk soldiers!! If we wanted drunk people in the army, we would not let them apply for the army until they were 21!! They would be a danger to the people around them. And 18 year old boys are just crazy. Do we really want them drunk, too? That seems a little bit extreme.We need to be thoughtful about our drinking age. It's not just something that can be thrown around. It's important that it stay constant and not be thrown around, else things would get crazy. Defending our country is important. We don't want drunk people in the army, and let's face it; younger people are just better at that sort of thing. Older people move slower, have less enthusiasm, and are less likely to sign up. If we have young, sober people in the army and even in America, we're going to be a safer country, and we will have less alcoholism, there is so much that would benefit from us keeping the drinking age at 21. I think it is important to let it stay and to keep everything right where it is.
PawelK

Con

Fortunately, this problem does not concern me anymore, just watching politicians on television debating on this topic
Some says that Poland should follow USA Example and raise drinking age to 21, Poland have lower alcohol consumption. than Germany.
http://en.wikipedia.org......
but we problem with accidents caused by young driver. when they asked young 15-20 polish teens what they think, young people said that they not liked the idea, but if lawmakers lower driving age to 15-16 i would be acceptable. But we in Poland we cannot increase drinking age for reason that we to close to Russian borders.
Russian alcohol smugglers already large batches of untaxed alcohol, our Polish border control does what it can to stop this crime but so far with miserable result, if the age limit was increased It started to be a true paradise for smugglers of alcohol, and the Polish economy could to lose several billion Euro of excise
michalg

Pro

Yeah, this is exactly the reasons that America cannot lower the drinking age. Because if we did, then we would have higher crime rates; higher drunk driving, lower high school test scores. There would be so many problems that would result in lowering the drinking age. And raising the age for army recruits would result in a lot less people in the army. It's important that we keep the drinking are stationary so we don't cause confusion and lots more crime in America.
PawelK

Con

PawelK forfeited this round.
michalg

Pro

michalg forfeited this round.
PawelK

Con

PawelK forfeited this round.
michalg

Pro

michalg forfeited this round.
PawelK

Con

PawelK forfeited this round.
michalg

Pro

michalg forfeited this round.
Posted by PawelK 3 years ago
PawelK
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
There are some states 18 is the age.Like West Virginia. That is called states rights.That is what we did as 18 year olds. Just went to W.Virginia.