Our_Boat_is_Right
Rayday

I'm Pro Gun: Try to Change my Mind

Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

I believe in concealed carry self-defense, And the right to protect against a tyrannical government with firearms. If you have a convincing argument, Try to change my mind. If you are not going to finish rounds and forfeit, Please do not accept this debate. Hope this is a good one!
Rayday

Con

Right. You are telling me that I should be carrying a firearm with me at all times so when someone bumps into me I pull my gun and blow him away just because it's legal to carry a gun to "Protect yourself? " And that's what I was doing? That is the mentality of some people. Gun laws are strict right now and look how many gun incedants there are. If guns get so public that anyone can purchase them to " protect " it will become anarchy.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Your argument is flawed. If someone bumps into you, You do not shoot them. That would be first-degree murder. Concealed-Carry holders rarely/never do this, They commit crimes 14% less than police officers. I'm not in favor of anyone purchasing guns, I believe in background checks, Which we already have.
Rayday

Con

You misunderstand. I'm am not talking about ordinary people. I am talking about lets say metal challenged people. Yes a background check is necessary but still look at how many criminals get guns again and again. If carrying a gun became legal imagine the increase of violence.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Conceal-Carry is already legal in some places. Mentally ill people probably would not be able to pass a background check. There has been no increase of violent crime. Since 1990, As concealed-carry goes up by tens of thousands per year, Violent crime has gone down 50%. This includes murders and rapes. 90% of cases criminals get their guns illegally, Probably through a friend or the black market.
Rayday

Con

Mentally Ill people don't need to pass a background check if they buy it off the black market. Now no one will question that gun in there pocket opposed to if it's illegal to carry a gun. And that's is going to raise the violent crime exponentially.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

Even if guns are banned, Thousands will still go to the black market. There is a black market now, And has violent crime increased? No. It has gone down 50%, Like I previously stated. If guns are banned, How will I be able to protect myself in public. Criminals still get guns illegally, And I will be stuck defenseless, Even if it is with another weapon such as a knife. Also, How will I be able to protect against a tyrannical government, Which is the main purpose?
Rayday

Con

Yes but right now it is not legal so it scares some people from doing it since if they are caught they can be prosecuted. But if it's legal they have nothing to fear. And being the mentally I'll people they are we cannot trust them with the metal responsibility of carrying a concealed gun. Like you said they will take it off the black market and no one will question then on it.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

What is not legal right now? The right to bear arms is legal, And concealed-carry permits are legal in some places.
" Like you said they will take it off the black market and no one will question then on it. "
The black market will stay there even if guns are banned. Look at drugs like cocaine. It is banned but has it ever gone off the black market? No.

You didn't answer any of my questions from before. I would appreciate if you did.
If guns are banned, How will I be able to protect myself in public?

Also, How will I be able to protect against a tyrannical government?

Guns save far more lives than take them. There are 2. 5 Million defensive gun uses per year. This majorly outweighs the 10, 000 gun murders per year.

Gun bans have proven not to be effective. In England, They banned guns, But murder rates spiked up and then went down to be the same before the gun ban.

Gun bans in cities have not worked as well. Take for example, Chicago and Washington D. C. There murder rates did not go down after gun bans.

Please rebuttal to these points, As you have not done so earlier.
Rayday

Con

A logical corollary would be that guns don't defend innocent life, People defend innocent life. Do you think that's a fair statement?

Expanding on that, A gun isn't a self defense strategy, It's a tool. Just because that tool is off the table, It does not automatically follow that a strong self defense strategy is impossible. Just really challenging. Additionally, Even if a firearm is on the table, It should not be allowed to become a crutch that limits a strong flexible strategy. Other answers have covered good close order weapons that are not guns, And all I will add to that is that having more options is better than just one. Cops carry an asp, A taser, And pepper spray in addition to a sidearm. Seems prudent to me.
Posted by picklerickfaggotboi 4 days ago
picklerickfaggotboi
if we take away guns from civilians, Guess what criminals can still get them from the dark web and dealers from other countries, Or make them themselves. So if criminals have guns and know civilians don't then bam firearm related crime spikes and all the fools that want gun bans wish they had listened to pro-gun people. I guarantee you if teachers get guns school shootings will go down tremendously just like if the public is allowed to carry guns(of course they need to be someone that has never committed a crime and does not have a mental disease). Taking away guns will just make the problem worse. However I am all for stricter background checks, As long as people are still able to get guns.
Posted by awaisali 6 days ago
awaisali
Please PROMOTE!
https://goo. Gl/Z1cxpH
Posted by camike 1 week ago
camike
Your blog is meaningful, I have read many other blogs but your blog has persuaded me, I hope in the coming time you will have more great blogs to share with readers.
color switch
Posted by Elfman 1 week ago
Elfman
Mentally ill people the real ones that are on ssi disabilities are living on very low income like the seniors and need housing assistance I doubt that many of them could afford a guns very expensive and secondly wouldn"t begin to know how to operate one the criminals and criminally insane will always find weapons and would pass the test check because most don"t have clinically diagnosis and have not been hospitalized there"s the exception of course psychopaths very smart / this would leave the average person with out the ability to defend themselves and tyrannical rule over all good citizens and I guarantee you criminals would run rampant
Posted by Elfman 1 week ago
Elfman
Posted by zhaod1 1 week ago
zhaod1
Both sides had no sourcing of any kind and had very short arguments.
Therefore, Both arguments are flawed.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 2 weeks ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
lol why didn't you vote?
Posted by asta 2 weeks ago
asta
I think Pro should have won 3 to 0.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 weeks ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
The fact that I specifically asked you to respond to my points yet you seem to ignore it tells me you aren't taking the arguments seriously or not even reading my arguments. This is a bad sign for debating, And also trying to change my mind.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 weeks ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
I love how you never addressed any of my good points. Pepper spray will not stop intruders, I'm sorry. Neither will tasers, As it is only for very close range. If you are out in public, Chances are someone will shoot you from a distance not within a foot of you.