Our_Boat_is_Right
lovelife3451

I'm Pro Gun: Try to Change my Mind

lovelife3451 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

I believe in the right to protect myself through concealed-carry and to protect against a tyrannical government. NO FORFEITS PLEASE!
lovelife3451

Con

You may be a very trusted and helpful citizen in your city. You may have no bad intentions at all. However, You need to keep in mind that you are not alone in this world. If the world was to come to some type of agreement on making guns legal then that's it for the rest of us. There are evil minds out there. I have researched criminal cases and their capability is larger and slyer compared to the police force of still many developing countries. Imagine if guns became legal, People would be shooting each other for the smallest things. Fights would break out of nowhere. Instead of stooping down to the level of the criminal how about we increase the efficiency of the military against terrorist attacks. Increase the salaries of policemen and stop wasting that money on useless things. More money and people will immediately want to work more efficiently and more people will apply for the job. Pro-gun is pro-violence. We never fight bad with bad. That is not our way. Most governments are selfish for their own countries in a good way but the countries who are not like South Africa and Pakistan will need help from other countries, From other nations, If only our world wasn't inconsiderate. With the help, They get they can increase security and efficiency. Carrying a pepper spray or a taser is a way safer option for our world. Plus when we will have guns we will have to change so many laws and regulations, That time should be spent trying to abolish poverty and improve education instead. Or even increase the efficiency of the military instead. When you will have the gun you will feel like it's your safe treasure and the smallest thing may lead you to possibly kill someone. For example, A slight movement of the hand and you have shot someone. Governments will have to increase prison space for the increased crime which will break out. I do respect your opinion but you need to keep in mind that while you fight for your freedom just be sure that you not interrupting the freedom of others especially in a problem like guns.
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

First of all, I am talking just about America. I apologize, As I should have stated that in round 1.

" Imagine if guns became legal, People would be shooting each other for the smallest things. Fights would break out of nowhere. Instead of stooping down to the level of the criminal how about we increase the efficiency of the military against terrorist attacks. Increase the salaries of policemen and stop wasting that money on useless things. "
Since I am talking about America, Guns are already legal. Sure, There are some shootings and fights with them. What would we be wasting money on? However, Although guns take lives, Many more are saved by them. There are over 2. 5 million DGU's per year. (https://www. Lawenforcementtoday. Com/unpublished-cdc-study-confirms-2-million-defensive-handgun-uses-annually)

"Pro-gun is pro-violence. We never fight bad with bad. That is not our way. Most governments are selfish for their own countries in a good way but the countries who are not like South Africa and Pakistan will need help from other countries, From other nations, If only our world wasn't inconsiderate. "
I would argue anti-gun is pro violence. You are not fighting bad with bad, You are fighting bad with good. Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns. And again, I wasn't talking about other countries, Just America, Which is my fault. Gun bans have proven not to be effective, Such as Britain, Australia, Etc. After the ban in Britain, Homicide spiked up and then eventually went back down to the pre-ban rate, Proving not effective. Violent crime in America has decreased 50% in the last 20 years as concealed-carry goes up during that time. I'm not saying correlation equals causation, But it is proven concealed-carry does not increase violent crime.

"Carrying a pepper spray or a taser is a way safer option for our world. Plus when we will have guns we will have to change so many laws and regulations, That time should be spent trying to abolish poverty and improve education instead. Or even increase the efficiency of the military instead. When you will have the gun you will feel like it's your safe treasure and the smallest thing may lead you to possibly kill someone. For example, A slight movement of the hand and you have shot someone"
I'm pretty sure guns would be more effective than pepper spray and tasers. Gunman can power through pepper spray, And tasers are no good if they shoot you from a distance. Guns are already legal in America. That's not what happens when you have a gun. Gun owners are very responsible and know the risks. Concealed-carry holders even commit crimes 14% less than police officers. That's how law-abiding they are. (https://www. Gunstocarry. Com/concealed-carry-statistics/)

"Governments will have to increase prison space for the increased crime which will break out. "
Violent crime has decreased 50% from 1990 in America.
Posted by zhaod1 2 weeks ago
zhaod1
Would guns be useful if a murderer kills you 100 meters away with a gun at night?
I'm not saying guns should be banned, I just support gun control.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 2 weeks ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Thx man
Posted by Debating_Horse 2 weeks ago
Debating_Horse
Good luck Our_Boat_is_Right!
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 2 weeks ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
How about you post an argument not just comment and rebuttal to my points about the pro's of guns. Then I will argue.
Posted by lovelife3451 2 weeks ago
lovelife3451
I know guns are legal in America, But I don't exactly agree with America's pro-gun attitude. 'Gun owners know the risks' that's what they said about alcohol, But did that prevent accidents and teen drinking from happening? Also since you didn't mention in the first round that this was for America only I took into consideration way more than I should have. Now that this is specifically about America, I would like to mention that Americans are not technically famous for their level of maturity. Even if everyone in America has guns, Will that prevent mass shootings! Will that prevents murders or intentional homicides. I don't know if you have noticed but criminals don't exactly announce themselves where they attack. I am pretty sure one gun can't many unless that one guy is from the matrix or something. And if more people get involved then it will cause drama children will grow up in this atmosphere and these shootings will end up killing more than the victim. This is America, Not some movie in which guns are used nicely.
Posted by lovelife3451 2 weeks ago
lovelife3451
If we have gone to space and sent man-made objects light years away, Then I am pretty sure the government can find a way to confiscate them without that sort of problem. In addition, Why would America have a problem of school shootings, And being held at gunpoint incidences? They have 330 million guns in the first place which were being carried around by normal citizens as well. That is their mistake in the first place. This caused many troubles for the nation. Secondly, The fact that uncaptured criminals, Rapists, Mafia gang members, And terrorists are walking amongst us. America has cities which are dangerous and to have the assistance of guns is very unthoughtful. You need to keep in mind that first of all America is not the only country in this world and secondly that not everyone has clean intentions. Why have a gun in the first place? Why not increase education and teach them no to do it in the first place. You will have a gun but will it make a difference in this world? No. You didn't do anything to prevent the criminals from doing what they are doing. This behavior is not right. I know everyone is a little protective of themselves but drugs are allowed in parts of the world too, And when you unconsciously start a mass murder, That is when people will learn.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 2 weeks ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
I don't doubt the decrease in gun deaths. . . I'm more concerned with how banning guns affects intentional homicide as a whole. Also, It wouldn't be efficient in America because we have over 330 million guns, Which many would flow to the black market and would take very long to round up and confiscate. And IKR, DDO acts so weird sometimes.
Posted by hopefullycalm 2 weeks ago
hopefullycalm
Hi I hope our boat is right I just want to bring up Australia. They've had huge success with gun control. I would post some suggested links for you read but all of a sudden that causes my comments not to post. But there is a good bbc article on it
Posted by ABoleman 3 weeks ago
ABoleman
i was going to say, Can con be for stricter gun control? Not the same as being con towards guns per day
Posted by asta 3 weeks ago
asta
People will forfeit because their minds will be changed if they accept the debate.

How about you change the debate to, "I'm pro semi automatic weapon" so people are more likely to respond.