gokuFNAF2
asi14

I'm a better debater than lol101

gokuFNAF2

Pro

lol101 is inferior to me in terms of debating.
asi14

Con

Hello, I gladly accept this debate, and I dedicate this debate to lol101. I shall win for your honor and glory.

First, let's define what "better" means.
"Better": : higher in quality [1]
When the source means higher in quality, in this case its more wins and debate rounds. So, let's find out!

gokuFNAF2 has:
6 debates
3 losses
2 draws
1 win
and has a elo of 1789.
(http://www.debate.org...)

lol101 has:
63 debates
12 losses
24 draws
27 wins
and has a elo of 2705.
(http://www.debate.org...)

The pro's 1 win compared to lol101's 27. Clearly lol101 is superior. And if that's not enough, experience proves also. The pro has a mere 6 debates. Debates are good and all, but 6 debates are insignificant next to the power of 63 debates. Sorry, pro. You are not better than lol101

SourceS:
http://www.merriam-webster.com...;
gokuFNAF2

Pro

Well, the only reason he has more wins is because he was in more debates. If I'm in 6 debates, I can win 6 at most. It's the Win Ratio that matters the most.
asi14

Con

The pro cites his more wins to his more debates, but that's precisely the point. Not only does lol101 have more wins, he has more actual debates, which means HE HAS MORE EXPERIENCE THAN THE PRO, a clear sign of "better"-ness

And to answer the win ratio debate: I'd argue that it is not a good enough determinant of better-ness.
The reason why? Fractions. Percentages are derived from fractions, which in turn are derived from ratios. Let's say person A has won 2 debates out of 3. That means his win percentage is 66%. But another has won 4 out of 8. Thus, a 50% percentage. But does it really mean person A is a better debater? No, he simply hasn't debated enough. Once we have equal number of debates (Person A and B both get to 20 debates and hit each other), THEN WE CAN USE THE PERCENTAGE to decide.

Thus, I would actually head over to the percentile.

lol101 is in the 99.21% percentile. pro is in the 86.22% percentile. Clearly lol101 is in a higher percentile. So let's weigh the statistics:

lol101 has more;
1) debates
2) wins
3) percentiles

pro has:
1) higher win percentage

lol101 has the upperhand in 3 statistics categories, pro in one, arbitrary one. It's clear lol101 is superior.
gokuFNAF2

Pro

I actually don't have a higher win ratio.

I'm just a better debater because lol101 has friends who love him so much that they mindlessly vote for him, while I spiritually win debates. Instead of using current data, you should look into our debates, analyze our debating styles, and tell me who's a better debater.
asi14

Con

OK, you conceded you have a higher win ratio, that's 4 statistics lol101 is better at.

You first attribute lol101's wins to mindless voters, but that's not necessarily true. He debates real topics, like this one: http://www.debate.org... of your debates are like this one, where you particularly target lol101.

Moreover, you have conceded lol101's superiority on account of the statistics, clearly lol101 is better
gokuFNAF2

Pro

But lol101 forfeits a lot
asi14

Con

Keep in mind, forfeitures are a necessary part of DDO. Forfeiture is a way out for people who face future time restrictions regarding getting their arguments in, and remains an honorable way to concede to an opponent if (s)he has beaten the other opponent that well.

Allow me to give an example of one such debate.

I referenced this debate before-- I was facing this debater with the proposed advocacy: "this title has the word "of" in it." I was going to go for an education argument, in that this debate was so uneducational the pro should lose on that alone, which pivoted on the fact he was to be a troll. Which was completely wrong. He so thoroughly thumped my "education" argument, and stressed that the title DOES HAVE THE WORD OF IN IT. WHICH IT DOES! Likewise, I saw no other viable alternative than to use the Forfeiture option. See? Forfeiture's not always a troll method.

Aside from that, the pro has completely dropped the statistics argument I made in all of my past speeches, so extend them to the end of the round.
gokuFNAF2

Pro

Ok, my argument: You can't beat Mr. Gofu at a debate. I am as intelligent as Provideoman123, so I am more intelligent than God.
asi14

Con

It is clear that the con has won this debate. REPEATEDLY the pro has conceded that lol101 has superior wins AND MORE DEBATES OVERALL, and the pro has even said himself that LOL101 HAS A HIGHER WIN RATIO. Furthermore, the pro throughout this debate has demonstrated a haphazard method of debating, to such an extent he introductes unwarrented and illogical arguments in the last round, which is reserved for REBUTTALS ONLY. Not only is it statistically proven, it's realistically proven.

The only thing the pro says in his last speech is that I can't beat him, he's as intelligent as someone else, thus making him more inteeligent than God. First and foremost, that argument should not be voted on, since it's the last speech. Second, this debate wasn't about MY abilities, it was about lol101's abilities, and certainly not Provideoman123's abilities. Third, for him to claim he's more intelligent than God is unwarrented primarily because for him to have met God in the first place, he must be dead, and thus would preclude his posting this argument in the first place.

Thus, I have refuted what shamble of a case the pro's argument. Vote con.
Posted by asi14 1 year ago
asi14
Doesn't explain anything. You're more obsessed with lol101 than Captain Ahab was with Moby Dick.
Posted by gokuFNAF2 1 year ago
gokuFNAF2
Because:
-lol101 has more friends than me
-he can't even debate anyone without getting mad
-My friend hates him
-lol101 beat me in two debates
Posted by asi14 1 year ago
asi14
lol101 why is the affirmative so obsessed in winning that he's better than you?
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
I agree Blazzered.
Posted by Blazzered 1 year ago
Blazzered
This....wasn't even much of a debate....
Posted by asi14 1 year ago
asi14
If you want to identify yourself with a constructed veil to hide yourself from the prying eyes of your employers/universities/the NSA, go right ahead.
Posted by gokuFNAF2 1 year ago
gokuFNAF2
No, I am Mr. Gofu. Deal with it Mr. afi13.
Posted by asi14 1 year ago
asi14
no, I ill always refer to you as the Pro, or as we policy debaters like it, the affirmative.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Mr. Gofu, I have already done both.
Posted by gokuFNAF2 1 year ago
gokuFNAF2
asi, please refer to me as Mr. Gofu from now on.