I'm always right

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Pretty self explanatory, and hopefully challenging. I'm going to argue that I'm always right. You refute it. Don't think I'm right? Tell me I'm wrong.

Hello there opponent but I'm sorry to tell you this but it is impossible to be always right. Unless of course you have had a conversation/thing where there was a right answer. But if that is the case than you are lying.

Ahh, but what is right? It changes for us all, based on our perspective of what is right and what is wrong. If I believe my initial statement to be true, which I do, then I am indeed right, in always being right. You may perceive my notion as being in the wrong, but this does not change the fact that I am still right.

You claim I may be lying and I consider that to be wrong. However, even if I was lying, which I am not, if I realized what I said was wrong, would I not be right in the fact that I was wrong, and therefor right all along? Although looking back on the event I could now realize that I was wrong, but am still right about having been wrong, because I am in an everlasting state of being right.

Surely to be wrong in the present tense I must consider myself neither right nor wrong.

I'd like to state right away that my opponent is correct it matters on perspective but at the same time you may think that you are always right but others may think the opposite, that you are wrong.

Anyway I would like to start with right's definition of "true or correct as a fact". Which means that you are correct on every single question someone has given you. Like two plus two or the square root of the number 194735. This is where I assure you that you are wrong, there has to be a time where you are wrong.

Another definition of right is "a moral or legal entitlement to have or obtain something or to act in a certain way". So for example "you had every right to be mad". In this case it mean that you have the right reason to act based on your opinion.

By this point you may have realized that this debate can go on almost forever so in the next round please state which definition you are referring to.

I would like start this round off by thanking the Con for his fast, thoughtful arguments, and for the simplicity of this fun debate.

"true or correct as fact" I will stick with this definition. I do not wish to imply anything else.

I am not claiming to always have rights, be in the right, or be right of something that is to the left and rightfully so.

I believe this may be difficult for the Con to pull off (but I'm not Con), because I do not have to be right in every way, but only always right. It does not matter how right I am, or by who's definition I am right. It matters only that I am right, by whatever means necessary, and that may be the only reason that I can wield the very strong and difficult word "always".

I am not right at everything which has been proven, but I am always right. At every instance the world around me is ultimately what I make of it. In other words, the truth in your mind, is only what you accept as factual. We don't normally think about it this way, but fact is just undisputed belief, or more accurately, something you believe to be indisputable. Anything that I sincerely claim to be factual is therefore right in my mind at the time. It does not matter how insane or asinine an answer sounds from your end, as long as it is truth in mine or anyone else's. As long as I maintain honesty with myself, I am always right, even if I was wrong.

Now, for my next feat, I am going to build on my initial argument by showing that not only can I be right about being wrong, I have the ability to be both right and wrong at the same time, from 1 perspective. In being presented with the terrible task of finding the square root of 194735, I realize two things.
2)I can figure this out.
I may not know the answer to the problem, but I do know my mental capabilities. So while you may receive the wrong numerical answer, I'll be right when I tell you the verbal answer that you should have given me a calculator, or that I can and will figure it out. At the same time, I am both right and wrong. Of course, whether or not hypothetical you agrees with this is redundant since I know beyond a doubt that I'm right.

Good luck. Looking forward to hearing your side.

The-Male-Man forfeited this round.
Posted by Quadrunner 7 months ago
@The-Male-Man If you could prove that I was not sincere in any fashion, I would have a possibility of losing this debate. I know that I was honest from the start and did not waiver from my initial view of "I am always right". Therefore, your loss seems inevitable, unless you can come up with something else besides, not being right, because I am wrong. I have shown that a state of being wrong in one way does not make me wrong in all of them, which is what you need to find for my defeat.

For clarification, I've been using these straight forward definitions.
I: Me
Am: Present tense
Always: On all occasions
Right: Your definition
Wrong: The absence of truth, Untrue

You'd have to think outside the box to win. I've run a pretty tight ship. Remember how open this debate is. You are free to use that to your advantage. I trust you'll be fair. Good luck! Thanks for the debate.
Posted by Quadrunner 7 months ago
I live in the North, so I can walk on water haha. You could too. Just believe!!!!!! I just wanted to see if I could win and humbly hold the title of always being right. The idea is that you need to be honest with yourself, so you believe yourself when you say "I can walk on water". If you are not honest with yourself, then its no longer fact within your own mind and you'd have to rely on someone outside of your mind like me to tell you you're right, to still be right.
Posted by canis 7 months ago
What a great idea to think you are always right.. I would just have to think.." I can walk on water"....But....
Posted by vi_spex 7 months ago
belief gummi bears is the cancer treatment is right
Posted by Quadrunner 7 months ago
That's roughly the stance the Con has taken. We'll see how it goes.
Posted by Darkerknight 7 months ago
It is impossible to be right because you are always wrong to someone else.
Posted by The-Male-Man 7 months ago
wasn't a right answer