Conversealot1
revleader5

Im healthier each day if I run in wild park 5 times than if I walk in town for an hour

Conversealot1

Pro

I go regularly recently to run in Wild Park in my vicinity. I find this benefits me as the fresh air definitely considerably gives me a sense of being alive and well. I find town is less good as I need to dodge and duck and dive everywhere. And I feel this can be less effective in my exercising my body. However I do feel the exercise involved with seeing other people can be a combined effect which creates goodwill. It also helps me get away from the hustleand bustle. Running in town would be pretty hectic.
I also feel that if towns were less polluted I might consider it being a valid option. However the fresh air of Wild park when jogging or running offers my lungs a better effect to my lung capacity increasing with time and the cleansed effect of my lungs rejunvenating. I can only say sometimes all naturalness in town escapes me and I do not have a good feeling of grace and oneness when in town with the all man-made stuff around me.
I do however sometimes visit the see in parts of town. What do you think?
revleader5

Con

Running is overall terrible for your joints, but running in wild terrain? I can here the cartilidge decaying from here.
Conversealot1

Pro

Hi, yeah but. I believe that even though walking exercises 200 or so muscles and affects the joints less. One only lives one life. And even if one wants to reach perfection in a life, one knows one cannot leave the other people who are weaker behind. What am I trying to say? I enjoy the quick fresh air in the face when running that cannot always be felt when walking. I enjoy the strides I make and the comments I get from i.e. for example a man and woman in their car saying 'that was quick was that 5 minutes in that last lap, see if you can do it again'. I enjoy being reminded of the past in the stadium with the man who taught me to run who was our tenant at our old house, all the other people who carelessly ruined their joints -ha, ha, oh well (but enjoyed healthy lives). Another thing about running is it created more endorphins for them, if all of us just walked. We'd need to have a scrap occasionally or an argument to get our endorphin rush. Ha, Ha. Maybe a little ridiculous, there maybe something else to suggest here. I would like to know, if possible.
You cannot avoid the difficult problems that affect you in life. I find exercise keeps me away from to eating too much aswell. And I agree one other way to keep fit, is to use other hobbies - such as swimming (keeps the joints more happy) and sauning. To detox and sweat. Today I start a new job so I believe I will be busy converting some useful energy into 6 hours slaving in the new job I give. It is a very practical job. But I will sort of enjoy it hopefully.
Thank you for posting this comment you gave and I await your reply.
revleader5

Con

A sense of loving the fresh air has nothing to do with your health. Walking gives you the same air as running, just when running it is more of a breeze from the friction. Avoiding life's problems really doesn't have anything to do with the argument...
Conversealot1

Pro

Conversealot1 forfeited this round.
revleader5

Con

revleader5 forfeited this round.
Posted by Olhando 9 years ago
Olhando
I never said running was social, it is merely filling that void of social contact, how so? because John here FEELS that way. My whole argument can be determined right or wrong based on how any certain individual understand and determins the situation. By your saying that we all go crazy and psychotic is a generalization I can quickly disprove. Isolation is obviously destructive, HOWEVER, not in all cases, especially if one uses, what psychologists call 'Substitution'. It is a psychological DEFENSE mechnaism in which someone uses one thing in the place of another. In psychoanalysis, this mechanism is where an unattainable or unacceptable instinctual object or emotion is replaced by one that is more accessible or tolerable, resulting in substitute formation.

Social Activity <---> Attributing a breeze to comfort, moreso, belonging. Maybe when John here runs he is reminded of once running in central park filled with people, or when he once ran with his wife.

Animals differ from humans in cognition. And in this assumption, "ESP when they come to the realization that the running added no value to their 'life'", you are wrong. The reason is this: it does add value primarily because humans have the need for attributing something to bettering their life. Whether John runs, swims, breakdances, or performs ballet. Any activity that can bring a person back to homeostasis benefits them mentally and pshycially.
Posted by DucoNihilum 9 years ago
DucoNihilum
Running is in no way a social activity. Without social activity, you become depressed. Look at what happened to the animals put into the pit of despair. They became psychotic. Humans, with no social contact would surely be far less well off, even if they ran a bit. ESP when they come to the realization that the running added no value to their 'life'
Posted by Olhando 9 years ago
Olhando
"anybody would likely commit suicide"
I disagree, many people will simply develop another form of comfort. Above us having the natural feeling for a society, we have the natural feeling of wanting to live.

And he isnt missing a section, merely filling that void with his own sudo social activity, running in the wild. Thats why he isnt self destructive and not commiting suicide.

We should have had this debate! lol
Posted by DucoNihilum 9 years ago
DucoNihilum
According to Maslow, thats rather unlikely since missing an entire section (Love and belonging of people) he would be depressed with our without running. Without people, in the long run, anybody would likely commit suicide- we're all social creatures.
Posted by Olhando 9 years ago
Olhando
Excatly, if we were to become depressed, John may commit suicide or self mutilation, hazardous to his health.

Running keeps depression, those thoughts, out of his head.

Cured.

=)
Posted by DucoNihilum 9 years ago
DucoNihilum
In that case the definition would remain the same, he would just either become depressed or his preferences would shift.
Posted by Olhando 9 years ago
Olhando
O hello Ducco!

Your absolutely right!

BUT

Mr.John here is the only man in his remote soceity. In other words, he is a society of one. Hmm, sounds contradictory doesn't it? Society is a group of individuals. Ah, and there we have it. Because John is the only man, he only communicates with himself.

We all have multiple personalities, and in cases where someone is isolated they usually develop those personalities more and more complex. I argue that this means there are different people inside John, thus a group of indiviuals. All in one man.

He needs love and beloning, thus, needs to love and feel comfortable with himself. If the only way he can feel as if he fits in is when a cool breeze hits him while he runs, he if fulfilling that need.

To argue a person isn't complied of multiple personalities is absurd, and in ths context maslows hierarchy can come into view.

:)
Posted by DucoNihilum 9 years ago
DucoNihilum
Love and belonging refers to social love and social belonging when Mazlow spoke about it in his hierarchy of needs.
Posted by Olhando 9 years ago
Olhando
Lol I know right?

"A sense of loving the fresh air has nothing to do with your health. "

I actually disagree. According to Maslows Hierarchy of Needs, Love and beloging is #3 for most important.

If John, a lonely man in the wilderness only finds love in running, it surely keeps him healthy: Preventing suicide, or self mutalation, both harmful to your health.

Just throwing something out there... =)
Posted by gahbage 9 years ago
gahbage
Wow. I don't think either one of them understood each other. XD
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
Conversealot1revleader5Tied
Vote Placed by pcmbrown 8 years ago
pcmbrown
Conversealot1revleader5Tied
Vote Placed by yoon172 9 years ago
yoon172
Conversealot1revleader5Tied
Vote Placed by LakevilleNorthJT 9 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
Conversealot1revleader5Tied
Vote Placed by beem0r 9 years ago
beem0r
Conversealot1revleader5Tied
Vote Placed by Derek.Gunn 9 years ago
Derek.Gunn
Conversealot1revleader5Tied