20cwells
Radar2102

I'm pro gun, change my mind.

Radar2102 has forfeited round #2.

20cwells

Pro

I believe that there should be legal and relatively easy to get. Change my mind.
Radar2102

Con

Just because I'm not entirely pro gun doesn't necessarily mean that I wouldn't want them to be illegal. I believe that the 2nd Amendment is like any right entitled to U.S. citizens and needs to be respected as such. However, like all rights guaranteed to citizens, there have to be limits. One right guaranteed to citizens may be more dangerous than another right guaranteed to citizens, warranting proper limitation. For example, free speech is protected by the fist amendment to a certain extent, but in the words of Justice Holmes in Schenck v. United States "The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic." The same needs to be applied to firearms. While a background check is nice, it doesn't do much to prevent people who shouldn't have guns from obtaining them, thus they need to be made harder to get because of their dangerous capabilities.
20cwells

Pro

What gun laws would you pass that don't already exist?
Posted by Madworld127 5 months ago
Madworld127
The issue isn't the availability of the guns/the guns that are in use.

In general people believe Assault Rifles and SMGs are the worst guns as they can kill a lot of people per clip/use as opposed to a handgun, however, handguns have killed the most people.

The problem with gun laws at least for the states is they're not regularly checked/done in the proper way.

Look at how guns are managed in Iceland and Japan and tell me when the last time these countries had a school shooting?

The problems isn't guns or weapons in general, the problem is the people behind them.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 5 months ago
FanboyMctroll
In 2016, there were more than 38,000 gun-related deaths in the U.S. " 4,000 more than 2015, Most gun-related deaths " about two-thirds "in America are suicides, but an Associated Press analysis of FBI data shows there were about 11,000 gun-related homicides in 2016, up from 9,600 in 2015. The increase in gun-related deaths follows a nearly 15-year period of relative stasis.

38,000 people have lost their lives in 2016 and you still want guns, wait until someone in your family is killed by a gun, then you will change your tune

mic drop
Posted by WOLF.J 5 months ago
WOLF.J
for protection ^
Posted by WOLF.J 5 months ago
WOLF.J
Carry around fake guns due protection n intimidation, but act like it's real if someone attacks you