MrsC
j19870928g

Immigration

j19870928g

MrsC

Pro

I side with Clinton and believe that all of the immigrants that illegally reside in the US she be granted a path to citizenship.
j19870928g

Con

I believe if there are some pathes for illegal immigrants to get citizenhood, the path will promote more illegal immigrants to enter the United States. Actually there are some legitimate paths for foreigners to got citizenhood, and the way to define whether an immigrate is legal or not is to check whether they got citizenhood through these paths. If the government provided another path for the illegal immigrants to get citizenship, how could we define they are legal or illegal? It seems that every illegal immigrats will be potential legal immigrants at that moment.
MrsC

Pro

Yes, their are some paths for foreigners (aliens), who are here legally, to get citizenship. However illegal immigrants (aliens), DON'T have a path to citizenship, because they are here illegally. If everyone is given a path to citizenship, then there would be no need for the terms illegal and legal. We would all be Americans, having all the equal rights and privileges. If they are already here, they should stay here.
j19870928g

Con

I disagree with your point about "If everyone is given a path to citizenship, then there would be no need for the terms illegal and legal. We would all be Americans, having all the equal rights and privileges. " I think if the government promote this kind of unlimited immigration policy, the country will be out of control. Actually, almost every country in the world has its immigration restrictive laws, for the reasons of structure of population, national security, cultural protection, trade safety, etc. Therefore, some limitations in immigration to divide immigrants into legal and illegal are necessary.
Posted by SherryIsAwesome 1 year ago
SherryIsAwesome
I think you all made a clear ideas about the immigration policy and effective use of argumentative language. However, it might be more convincing if you cite the more evidences from Clinton's statements' of immigration. To what extent you agree or disagree.
Posted by AndHisNameIs 1 year ago
AndHisNameIs
I'd like to see more evidence,statistics,and things before I pick a winner....
Posted by MrsC 1 year ago
MrsC
It seems like there was some confusion with the term illegal immigrants. These are the individuals who usually get deported if they are caught living here.
Vote Placed by danboy82 1 year ago
danboy82
MrsCj19870928gTied
Reasons for voting decision: Great debate! Sources? Excellent back and forth with transitions. I felt the con inveigled me by directly refuting the pros words...poking a hole in the argument...good tactic