flamebass20
ChosenWolff

Impeach Obama

ChosenWolff

flamebass20

Pro

President Obama has stompted upon the rights of the American people.
His promises from his 2008 campaign such as his promises to close Guantonomo Bay and to stop the wiretapping policies implemented by Bush have never been fulfilled.
Obama praised whistleblowers during that campaign yet never used his power to pardon heroes such as Manning, who revealed war crimes, and Snowden, who revealed the illegal spying practices of the NSA. Guantonomo still is used to house terrorism suspects and is home to attrocities such as waterboarding and force-feeding, both of which are torture by international law while Bush's mass surveilence policies have been expanded.
All Obama has managed to do is further propell the United States towards authoritarianism much as his predecessor did.
I therefore hold that Obama is a traitor to the nation and thus should be impeached and/or imprisoned.
flamebass20

Pro

State your arguments.
ChosenWolff

Con

Forgive me, but all you did in R1 was state your premise. You put no actual substantiation into your premise. If I'm not mistaken, you have the BOP, and its foolish for me to take the burden, when you obviously hold it. You must give me proper reasoning on why your resolution is true, or otherwise, it is automatically negated.

I had assumed, since you had no real substance in your arguments, R1 was for acceptance. I may be wrong, but I think the audience will agree that your contentions lacked weight.

Until you fill even a quarter of the burder required, your resolution is automatically negated.
flamebass20

Pro

You see, a government should only protect the rights and liberties of the people and provide services such as education and defense.
Part of the executive's duty is to uphold the United States Constitution and if the president violates the constitution, he should be removed from his position. Obama has continued to violate liberties provided by the Constitution and he therefore needs to be impeached due to his inability to respect the rights of the American people.
ChosenWolff

Con

I understand, but you still have no proven the president has broken the constitution. I want to post a long argument, but until you do so, your resolution is as good as negated.

Now, you can continue to opinionate Obama, or you can prove he broke th constitution. There is nothing more to say.
flamebass20

Pro

Back. I appologize for the lack of an immediate response. I've been a little busy lately and don't have much time to myself or to the computer.
Examples of violating the constitution?
Hmmm.......
Well, he signed the NDAA, which allows for the indefinite detention without trial, which contridicts the Sixth Ammendment and has also expressed approval of the spying policies of the NSA, which is under his command.
ChosenWolff

Con

I. Opponent contention on the signing of the NDAA

Was perfectly legal. Congress passed it and Obama signed it. Its 100% legal for a judge to decide whether a prisoner is there legally or illegally, which actually gives the supreme justice a say in Guatanamo bay. Are there faults? Sure. Does this land him an impeachment? No. Its the GOP who wrote the law anyways.

He followed the rules here. Anything else, or will you continue to maintain a negated resolution?

http://armedservices.house.gov...;
flamebass20

Pro

flamebass20 forfeited this round.
ChosenWolff

Con

My opponent has gave nothing but opinions, and coupled with him having the BOP, this is a easy vote.
Posted by flamebass20 2 years ago
flamebass20
It's common knowlege that America is a plutocracy and I'm aware that Obama shall never be impeached since high officials in the United States government can get away with anything.
Although it never would happen, I would be delighted if he were to be removed from office and/or be thrown in jail to rot.
Posted by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
ChosenWolff
lol, your right. The people still have some influence though. It will take a while to break up all the corporations, but its slowly happening.
Posted by Complicated-Character 2 years ago
Complicated-Character
I'm all for impeachment, but it seems like somehow, even if most of the country were, that would change NOTHING. Studies show we live in an Oligarchy, not a Republic.
Vote Placed by MrJosh 2 years ago
MrJosh
flamebass20ChosenWolffTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
flamebass20ChosenWolffTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeit. Arguments because, as Con notes, Pro never fulfilled the BoP. Indeed, it appeared he wasn't even clear on what "impreachment" was, as when called out for the specific grounds of impeachment the best he could come up with was "signed a piece of legislation passed by the congress". Arguments to Con. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.
Vote Placed by Kc1999 2 years ago
Kc1999
flamebass20ChosenWolffTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro has done this: stated his opinions unsupported by facts, concede to Con, and acknowledged that he had the BoP. Con refuted pro's arguments effectively.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
flamebass20ChosenWolffTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Saska 2 years ago
Saska
flamebass20ChosenWolffTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided no evidence for any claims and failed to post a final argument. Easy win for Con.
Vote Placed by voxprojectus 2 years ago
voxprojectus
flamebass20ChosenWolffTied
Reasons for voting decision: sdf