DeeZeeQuinn
shuffledybot

Implanting GPS (ONLY) devices in newborns and toddlers.

Started: 10/24/2012 Category: Technology

DeeZeeQuinn

Pro

It is my hope that every member of society has ALL of our children in their hearts. I, for one have become tired of hearing about the thousands of lost children and I believe that a small GPS (only) locator being implanted inchildren as soon as birth would begin to quell these events. I am not talking about a governmental process, I think it should be totally a private medical event, between parents, children, and Pediatricians. I want to hear what you think? Imagine the funds that are wasted trying to find children that often are never found, and then imagine the heartbreak of the parents when there are no answers. I am passionate about this but have discovered so many that believe this to be a religious manuever and I want to hear what the world thinks. Here I am, let's get started.
shuffledybot

Con

Putting a Global Positioning System in any human being, whether old, young, or in between, is impractical, and unethical. Although the idea of being able to find lost children would be a great idea, the ability to abuse the knowledge of the location of children is drastically likely.
Another idea is that with the transmitters, parents will be less likely to worry about their children. Without the worrying of the parents kids are more likely to do stupid and injury-causing activities.
Also with todays technology, Hackers, and the government could easily hack into the GPS and find your children and do whatever they wish with this information.
DeeZeeQuinn

Pro

I believe that you are too young to object to this on any level. You haven't as yet felt the terror of losing a child, even for just a short time. A majority of parents are going to worry about their children forever and always, probably very similar to how your parents continue to watch over you and will for the rest of their natural lives REGARDLESS of your age and/or technological access. And while you make a valid point in recognizing that hackers and the like may potentially overrule a process of this nature, why would they? Perhaps in a exercise to avoid children that are "tagged," maybe. But overall children are all around us and pedophiles usually don't use alot of pre-planning to exact their cause, statistics support that as does media, ever seen "To Catch A Predator with Chris Hansen?" They don't allow thinking into the equation overall, instant gratification prevails. There are a large variety of programs that will locate people simply by their having a cell phone, usually utilized by scorned lovers and the like. Pedophiles already have access to information to help locate a child, much better than a simple GPS locating device put under the skin of a child, facebook is a primary source of a great wealth of information, why bother looking up the child's location, that could prove dangerous. We are implanting our animals and call it humane. On a DAILY basis more than two thousand children become missing, granted if one would take a look at the numbers (ie. their ages, etc) you'd see that a majority HAVE TO be runaways, but then we really don't know. But even if they are, THEY HAVE PARENTS THAT LOVE THEM AND MISS THEM. Putting a GPS tracking device inside of a child's body is NOT something that a parent is legally bound to share with his/her child, but most would, giving a child in his adult years the option to have it removed. However until the child's adult years that parent would NEVER have the total belief that the child is safe, but would always know that if the child becomes lost HE OR SHE CAN BE FOUND. That simple.
shuffledybot

Con

By citing my age as a factor as to why i should not be properly able to argue this topic is unprofessional. Also by assuming things about my personal life is also impractical.
why do hackers hack the things they do? there normally isnt a reason. i have a friend that is only 17 and has hacked into my phone and located exactly where i was within five feet, while on the phone with me. If he can do it, why can't any run of the mill pedophile do it. All he did was watch Youtube videos to figure out how to hack. if a 17 year old can hack cant a 30+ old pedophile?
DeeZeeQuinn

Pro

My citing your age is NOT unprofessional, in my world to present and support accurate facts one must have had the time to study the subject and/or has lived the subject. I consider that there is relatively very little information regarding this matter, although I do acknowledge that there is some. Perhaps you had time to study the information? If this is true then you must recognize that our government system as a whole is heavily burdened by rampant and often avoidable spending? I ask you to take the Casey Anthony case in point...this woman lied, shammed, and quite deliberately led the authorities on a wild goose chase for weeks. The authorities in this case made a mockery out of a professional search when sweet little Caylee was found very close to her physical home months after the searches had all but ended. To top that the taxpayers were made to support a mockery of a trial where the Mother was eventually found not altogether guilty, and there is no doubt that in small ways the taxpayers still support her being in hiding. I believe if the grandparents of Caylee Anthony had been given an option of having this form of tracking a child available to them, that at the very least millions of dollars WOULD have been saved in locating the child promptly.

Regarding hacking in to computers and why people do it? I have a variety of opinions about that one thing, in this instance I think that the following is applicable. The average age range of a hacker is 16 to 19 years of age (source: http://wiki.answers.com...), that means that some teenage CHILD, more often young men are sitting in their parents home trying to take advantage of having a good brain and the need to get into places that they do not belong. So again I cannot easily determine where a hacker may find the information of a child's location time worthy "hackable" information. Unless of course you consider the most recent murders of two young girls, all three of the alleged offenders are young TEENAGE males, it would have been sad to know that their young minds and swift brains could have infiltrated a GPS Tracking System as the one that I hark, but I do recognize the potential. However, the system of which I support would be a bit difficult to infiltrate as it would lay dormant until needed, I ask you don't hackers have issues with infiltration of a dormant system? And can't a program be intentionally distorted in that it would take hours to infiltrate? Finally wouldn't a series of unsuccessful attempts chime an alarm pretty quickly? My forte does not include hacking, primarily because I don't think in those terms. I pay other people to think in those terms for me.

As I explained in a previous round of this debate, ANY phone can be hacked, quite simply, and again my forte is not hacking but I have successfully "hacked" my ex-husband's phone and did so all by myself. The location of ANY phone is substantially easier to do than hacking a phone, most especially if one carries a smart phone. Any girlfriend of one of your friends can tell you how.

I did not assume anything about your personal life. I made a written observation of how I suspect your parents do and will always treat you BASED on the only physical characteristics I have of you, your profile information, and then your writing skills. That is not an assumption sir, it is an observation. I recognize that you are fairly intelligent, mostly articulate, and overall well rounded academically. I believe that at your age there is NO doubt that you did NOT alone acquire this status. Of course my observation could be distorted as I am a parent and cannot conceive that any caring parent would allow a child to grow up dimwitted, but there are cases. I also know a lot of children, having two of my own, grown children whom have had the same friends all of their lives, I've seen the end results of parental support, your writing skills in my mind put you in that class. I know alot of parents like that because let's face it, I could almost be your grandmother and not think twice about it.

Pedophiles do not think, they on the average have an assortment of mental issues present throughout most of their lives which ultimately prevents them from considering all of the variables of abduction, EVEN WHEN THE VARIABLES HAVE BEEN BROADCAST A GAZILLION TIMES. When the average pedophiles life is researched it has been fairly consistent that there were MANY red flags. I cannot fathom a pedophile taking the time to sit at a computer for any extended length of time to determine a child's location. What good would it do him as more often than not anyone at or below the age of thirteen is in the company of parents, at least in close proximity. To hack a child's location for the purpose of removing that child from that location would require substantial planning POST the hacking, and while a majority have prevailed at the abductions of children, it has almost ALWAYS been a moment of opportunity. There is no doubt that the pedophile may have seen the child, may have even at some point stalked the child, learned the routines, but that doesn't require hacking, does it?
shuffledybot

Con

You say that many pedophiles don't think about there plan ahead of time, but then went along to say that they stalk the child and learn the child's routines. that would involve planning ahead. if they have the time to do that, then they have the time to learn how to hack and hack into the child's GPS location, and learn these exact same things without actually following them.

Then there is the government. Whether you know it or not but the government is able to tap any phone line (cell or landline) and can look into anyone's computer. (Unnamed FBI Source) the government abuses alot of the things they do, so why wouldn't they abuse this? They could hack in and make sure kids are still going to school, and bust parents that take there kids out of school saying they're sick when they're not really sick.

In the world of big business, the most sought after employees are cyber security employees. (COO of an unnamed Cyber Security firm) More and more people are hacking into the most random things.

You said that most hackers are from the age of 16-19. well they could hack in and start stalking a girl they know that they go to school with or something like that. they could start off as a simple hacker but turn into a pedophile because of it.

I conclude with the following statement, Although the idea of being able to find lost kids would be great, the ability to abuse this privilege would be substantially easy.
Posted by HeWhoKnowsAll 4 years ago
HeWhoKnowsAll
1 glad to here your daughter is fine and happy. They are truly a blessing even though a few times, especially around 14 you feel like smacking them upside the head to straighten things back out. As I mentioned I raised 4 girls, I also have 2 granddaughters and a grandson. GOD have pity on anyone that hurts them cause I sure as hell won't!!!!
Nothing is perfect. Like the Pantheon whose floor is slightly concave to give the illusion of being perfectly straight, some things need imperfection to make them perfect. If you have ever been truly in love you know what I mean. The little idiosyncrasies make a person desirable. If GOD had made all the mountains square they would not be as beautiful
There is a war on children and it is the filthy rich like george soros that wage it. Like Hitler did, getting into the children's minds early is the surest way of dictating their future actions.
If a convicted sex offender is not in jail then part of his parole/probation will require him/her to be gainfully employed. So then we make them pay for it and it would be done at the prison as a pre-release requirement.
Posted by DeeZeeQuinn 4 years ago
DeeZeeQuinn
HeWhoKnowsAll, I agree with you about so many things, but truth is the WAR on children is growing, and simply raising our children "well" does NOT constitute perfect protection. There are predators among us, some living just down your street, the urge in them NEVER leaves them, therefore our children remain in constant danger. I am talking about a very small GPS unit, just under the skin on SEVERAL areas of the human body that do NOT inflict as much harm as you reason. However I do see and understand your argument and I agree in certain areas of it.

I certainly would want any assailant to have a GPS tracking device implanted on them over the same for children, heck the sick mind can be put to sleep and the device can be implanted and they'd never be the wiser to where it is, you know make several cuts on their body, leading them to believe once awake that it's there, no it's there. I think a few cuts would be a grand prize for a sick individual that has the ability to reason right or wrong in their head.

But to implant an alleged predator will never happen because then it would become a taxpayer issue and no government will ever go that far. The heck with the fact that most are on probation which costs us money.

I have a beautiful daughter, she is twenty-five. She had many, many days when she'd come home from school and was alone, starting at the age of 12, I WORRIED ENDLESSLY and she was instructed, re-instructed, and instructed again, constantly...she is very wise today. She married a very good man, and together they've given me three grandbabies, again I WORRY ENDLESSLY, but we do have the good sense to be there for these children, they have constant protection, because we NEVER let them out of our sight. Stressful job sometimes, but couldn't imagine anything less.
Posted by HeWhoKnowsAll 4 years ago
HeWhoKnowsAll
dogs and cats live and average of 8 years. Most living things don't show detrimental effects until 8-10 years as it takes 5-7 years for the frequencies between 800 and 2000 to disturb the EMF of a life force and change cell structure to cause irreparable damage and the onset of cancer.
Nothing is fool proof but if I had the choice between and innocent child being monitored and a convicted sex offender being monitored I would choose the offender. I raised 4 girls and taught them about life properly. 3 went to college, 2 are happily married and 2 have excellent careers. Life is that simple!!! Raise your children properly, love them, respect them, discipline them and educate them!
Posted by HeWhoKnowsAll 4 years ago
HeWhoKnowsAll
I am an electronics engineer and have experience in frequencies and resonance. Each satellite transmits on three frequencies. Civilian GPS uses the 'L1' frequency of 1575.42 MHz. Many GSM phones support three bands (900/1,800/1,900 MHz or 850/1,800/1,900 MHz) or four bands (850/900/1,800/1,900 MHz), and are usually referred to as tri-band and quad-band phones, or world phones; with such a phone one can travel internationally and use the same handset. Another effect independent of power level is resonance, which occurs at certain frequency ranges where the wavelength is near the size of a body part. An example is the 900 Mhz range, which has a wavelength of approximately one foot " a size that can cause resonance in a child"s head (because some of the radiation is absorbed, and the wavelength decreases). This intensifies the biological effect. Also, children"s skulls are thinner, so microwaves penetrate more easily. (Another problem is that children"s cells are dividing rapidly, which creates more chance for DNA damage. Their immune systems are not fully developed and can"t defend them against this.) Dr. Peter Neitzke, coordinator of the institute"s working group, says this:
80 per cent of the papers published in scientific journals do not contribute anything to the evaluation of possible health risks due to the electromagnetic fields emitted by cellular telephones and their base stations. The remainder however, on which our assessment relies, is made so good and is in itself so consistent that we must take the findings referring to health risks seriously. In order to improve the protection of the public against the possibly harmful effects of the electromagnetic fields from cellular telephones and their base stations, we need much lower precautionary standards. ..."
Although the FDA approved the VeriChip implant as a medical device in October of 2004, their approval does not mean the device is completely safe. We have obtained an FDA letter that outlines a number
Posted by DeeZeeQuinn 4 years ago
DeeZeeQuinn
Aaaahhhh HeWhoKnowsAll if life were so simple. I beg to differ with you on the GPS, there is actually NO SUBSTANTIAL PROOF that GPS has in fact caused caner or reproductive damage. We have been implanting dogs/cats for the last seven years and there has not been ONE case where either of those referenced reactions have occurred. To apply bracelets and such to a pedophile is not fool proof, in fact the majority of cases reported indicate that these are not deterrents in managing and monitoring the pedophile. To implant a small chip, the size of a fingernail in a child seems to be the best course of action in protecting our children, there are a multitude of places on the body that these implants will become an adequate part of the body.

And it's not a matter of raising a new generation to live like you and I did back in the 60's, the opposition is taking rank over child safety, our children will never see another day like you and I knew, it has nothing to do with their rearing.
Posted by HeWhoKnowsAll 4 years ago
HeWhoKnowsAll
Like most things a GPS locator sounds great until you think of the negatives. GPS operates on microwave signals that can lead to cancer and reproductive damage. I would not object to having bracelets with special keys so they are not easily removed. Getting into the mind of a pedophile is difficult and scary but a sick enough one would chop off a body part to remove the bracelet!!! I would much rather see pedophiles and rapists have to wear a GPS ankle bracelet with the ability of police to activate and shock them if they are in a place they shouldn't be! It may sound rough but don't commit the crime in the first place and you won't have to worry.
I do believe the best overall way to keep children safe is to teach children how to properly raise their children when they have them. Too many children are abused both intentionally and unintentionally and the worst is gay child abuse. The top 6 serial murderers were gay and abused as children. We need children growing up with clear minds. Not the confused progressive liberal garbage that is being preached today. If we can raise a new generation of thoughtful and caring people things can go back to the 60's when we were gone from sun up to sun down and our parents did not have to worry.
Posted by darkcity 4 years ago
darkcity
Age is not a measure of intelligence, someone who is older is likely to have more experience. You should have stated that you wanted to debate with someone who is a certain age. Or maybe it would have been better to state your a opponent should be a parent. If you dismiss the young they will dismiss the old as senile and responsible for damage the earth and the economy.
Posted by Moosey22 4 years ago
Moosey22
@DeeZeeQuinn you're right, I didn't loose a child, I lost a sister. I understand where you're coming from with the age thing, but if you're going to have a problem with the ages of the people who accept your debate, you should put a specification of age on it. I'm sorry you feel that way about listening to younger people, sometimes their opinions are valid, if you'd just listen.
Posted by DeeZeeQuinn 4 years ago
DeeZeeQuinn
@Moosey22, I don't think that your age NOR the age of my opponent qualifies either of you to make any type of informed judgement regarding a matter that you have not lived and I pray that you never do. I considered the general lack of reference in this debate and while my own was not award winning it was certainly better than a few words spread across a computer screen. But thanks dear for you input, I will put it right where it belongs. There was no argument, whatsoever and I do not choose to deal with people much younger than myself, it's that simple.
Posted by Moosey22 4 years ago
Moosey22
@DeeZeeQuinn, I don't believe that using age against someone is a professional way to win or, in this case, tie up a debate. I think that if you want to implant a GPS in your child, go for it. But, using age against someone is unfair, if they have children in the future, they should have the right. Just remember, strict parents causes sneaky kids. Debates should not be about attacking the oponent, it's about arguing a valid point.
Vote Placed by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
DeeZeeQuinnshuffledybotTied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither had perfect grammar, and neither made highly convincing arguments. However, in every area, the Pro excelled over the Con.
Vote Placed by Like_a_Boss 4 years ago
Like_a_Boss
DeeZeeQuinnshuffledybotTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to give enough actual reasons why GPS should be implanted, whereas Con gave several. However, Pro did have better grammer. Stating that Con's age affected his ability to debate this subject was also unprofessional.
Vote Placed by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
DeeZeeQuinnshuffledybotTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro uses argumentum ad passiones to try to win the debate. Furthermore, Pro did not fulfil her BoP to show why GPS should be implanted.