voltron116
TheSymbiote

Importance of Memory

voltron116

Pro

Memories are very important to the community. If people do not have memories, they can't use that memory to make more choices to lead their life in the way that they want it to go. It is very simple, that memory is very important.
TheSymbiote

Con

This honestly isn't a debatable topic. I don't understand how this topic could be deabteable in any way
voltron116

Pro

I think it is very debatable. You know, if you want this debate to really get real, read The Giver by Lois Lowry.
TheSymbiote

Con

I have read The Giver by Lois Lowry. The book is a fictional story. Nobody can transfer memories into another person. Nobody can make colors not visible. Memory is important because without it, we would all still be at cave man stages. Our very existence would die off.
voltron116

Pro

So then why are you taking the against side, when you are also arguing that memory is important. That is what I'm saying in the first place!
TheSymbiote

Con

So wait.... you want me to say "We dont need memory it isn't like we need it to live lol, I like starbucks, I am a feminist"

I mean like we need memory it isnt a debatable topic
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Pfalcon1318
TheSymbiote, this actually is a debatable topic. It's just that PRO didn't take it into the area where it is actually debatable. One can get into the idea of how memories affect personhood, which has been discussed in skeptic philosophy.

Also, you've basically forfeited the debate by saying that PRO's argument is a truism. At the very least, you could have rebutted PRO's arguments.