iresh
Blade-of-Truth

Importance of value education in our life

Blade-of-Truth

iresh

Con

no it is not important
Blade-of-Truth

Pro

I believe what my opponent is arguing is that we shouldn't place importance on the value of education in our life. Or, perhaps it's that the value of education is not important. Either way, the position of my opponent is one I do not agree with.

My position is that the value of education is indeed important.

I will use this round as acceptance, and will allow my opponent to make any clarifications. I now return the floor to Con for their opening arguments.
iresh

Con

iresh forfeited this round.
Blade-of-Truth

Pro

My opponent has forfeited Round 2.

I will extend the opportunity, once more, to my opponent for opening arguments and thank the audience for their patience.
iresh

Con

iresh forfeited this round.
Blade-of-Truth

Pro

My opponent has forfeited Round 3.

I will extend the opportunity, for the last time, to my opponent for opening arguments as instigator of this debate.

If my opponent fails to present any arguments in the next round, I will present my own with the intention of affirming the resolution.

In the mean time, I sincerely thank the audience for their patience.
iresh

Con

iresh forfeited this round.
Blade-of-Truth

Pro

My opponent has forfeited Round 4.

I will keep this short since it looks like my opponent is going to fully forfeit the entire debate.

Normally, this type of situation would be an automatic 'Conduct Win' for me and I wouldn't even need to provide arguments, but for the sake of debating and affirming the resolution, I will provide some anyways.

I. Education leads to a life of understanding.

I believe this point is a truism and won't spend much time on it.

Basically, if I had never learnt that 2 + 2 = 4, I would never have the means to understand why 2 + 2 = 4. Without such an understanding, there is no way to utilize mathematics throughout life. Now though, because I did learn basic mathematics, it's easy for me to take my monthly utility bill, and split it evenly three-ways using division to provide my roommates with their share of the monthly bill. It's evident that without such an education, I would lack the necessary skills to do such things as division and would therefore have a harder time managing my costs of living and household. Clearly, education played a valuable role in my ability to do so. Without an understanding of mathematics, it'd be impossible to do so.

II. Greater opportunities in the work-force.

I believe this is also somewhat true. Depending on what degree of education you have, you will either have a vast array of job opportunities, or have none at all short of minimum wage jobs. For instance, someone I know from highschool (who decided to drop out his junior year) is now working at a McDonald's as a cashier. He is 25 years old and making minimum wage in a fast-food restaurant. On the flip-side, because I have a University degree in Communications, I am able to work as a Communications Director for a non-profit organization making $23.00 an hour. On top of that, this isn't even as far as I plan to go. Upon completion of law-school, I will be able to attain even greater amounts of money. Such is the case with my father, who is the managing partner of his law firm and charges $400.00 an hour for consultation. He also makes, on average, a 33% commission of any personal injury case he is involved in. Considering that he once settled a million-dollar lawsuit, he walked away with at-least $300,000.00

I would argue that $300,000 from one case is much more desirable than $7 bucks an hour. How was such a leap in hourly and commission fees made? From education. Thus there is even empirical incentives and proof for the benefits and value of education.

In Conclusion,

There are several more arguments I could present, but don't necessarily feel the need to do so at this point since my opponent has fully forfeited the debate thus far.

As it stands, the resolution is affirmed.

I now return the floor to Con.

iresh

Con

iresh forfeited this round.
Blade-of-Truth

Pro

My opponent has fully forfeited the entire debate.

I have presented my case and it remains standing unchallenged.

I thank the audience for their time, and urge a vote for Pro.
Posted by Ramos-7 2 years ago
Ramos-7
To Iresh: Why have you not started debating Blade-of-Truth and instead forfeited 3 rounds? Have you no confidence because of his record or you have some alternative reason? Do you realize the error in your argument?
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
ireshBlade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
ireshBlade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
ireshBlade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's only 'argument' was a baseless statement, wherein he used no sources to support it (hence the baseless). Obviously conduct goes to Pro, because he didn't forfeit every round unlike his opponent. S&G goes to Pro because Con's only statement was a butchering of the English language.
Vote Placed by UchihaMadara 2 years ago
UchihaMadara
ireshBlade-of-TruthTied