JacobGibbsDofE
Aerogant

In Britain, men are discriminated against more than women.

JacobGibbsDofE

JacobGibbsDofE

Pro

Resolution: In Britain, men are discriminated against more than women.

Redoing this debate because the last guy didn't take it seriously.

Structure
Con will start with his opening in round 1, I will state my opening argument in round 2, and the rounds after that will be used for arguments and rebuttals until Con's round 4, where he'll simply say "End of debate".

Rules
1. No trolling
2. No personal insults
3. Con cannot write or imply an argument in the fourth round.
4. [All Standard DDO Terms of Service apply]
5. Breaking any of the rules will result in a 7-point forfeit.

Aerogant

Con

Britain is short for Britanny... Britanny is a female's name... Known for its ancestors speaking celtic languages, which is mother nature's tongue... again female... the country looks like an erect penis, thus showing that is is more than likely a land of the females...

I got it! Men are not discriminated more than women - it's that men are not respecting the nature of their country by living in testosterone! You know what they say in Britain: "Testotosterone is a test! The estrogen can only be bestrogen, when you take the B from our country and merge it with estrogen!"
JacobGibbsDofE

Pro

My Arguments

#1: The right to financial abortion

Men do not have the right to a financial abortion in cases where they are unable to/don't want to provide for their child [1], whereas if a woman is unable to/doesn't want to provide for a child, she can have an abortion [2].

#2: The Cancer funding gap

Prostate cancer gets under half the amount of funding that breast cancer gets [3], as pointed out by Prostate Cancer UK. Although it is one of the more treatable types of cancer, particularly if diagnosed early, one man dies every hour from it, says Prostate Cancer UK.

#3: The Domestic violence shelter gap

Despite the fact that 40% of domestic violence victims are men [4], and that when you factor in suicides, more men die as a result of it [5], there is approximately only one domestic violence shelter for men for every 180 there is for women [6].

#4: Women are favoured by the criminal justice system

Women are favoured by the criminal justice system, as is evident from one case published in KentOnline on the first of this month, where a 44 year-old woman escaped free from a jail after sexually assaulting a 14 year-old [7]. Switch the genders around and this never would've happened.

#5: The homelessness gap

It is obvious that men are discriminated against more than women when you consider the fact that ~90% [8] of homeless people are male, whilst only 10% are female.

I'll leave it there for now.

[1] Appel, Jacob M. “Women’s Rights, Men’s Bodies,” New York Times, December 2, 2005
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[3] http://www.bbc.co.uk...
[4] www.theguardian.com/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence
[5] Davis, Richard. Published by the "Journal of Aggression, Conflict, and Peace issues". 2009. http://www.emeraldinsight.com...
[6] http://j4mb.wordpress.com...
[7] http://www.kentonline.co.uk...
[8] http://www.crisis.org.uk...
Aerogant

Con

Ow! Those pound signs hurt and they are sharp! Get them away from me! Why do they look dimensionally illiterate? They seem to be bent out of shape - I would to if I was always being stepped on - wait...

Okay, so in the land of Britanny, you have a biologically designed machine with the power of the sun losing to the power of the moon?

Until I see girls in Britanny on the news for destroying their ken dolls, I'm not convinced. I want to see headless ken dolls right now! Give me the evidence that shows that Britanny town is really the town of headless ken dolls. Until then, your story is as believable as... someone setting their ear wax on fire in the middle of nowhere away from everyone except two friends (that are also making it up). And because they too stupid to realize the difference between the two waxes, they think nobody will ever figure out that they gonna get waxed for their wacky wax story.

One more thing, considering the alleged circumstances the male is in - can you even call them "men"?
JacobGibbsDofE

Pro

Claim: Britain is short for Britanny

More like "Britannia", as in "Rule Britannia".

Claim: I got it! Men are not discriminated more than women - it's that men are not respecting the nature of their country by living in testosterone!

i) Show me your proof of men not being discriminated against.
ii) Show me proof that men are "not respecting the nature of their country by living in testosterone".

Claim: Okay, so in the land of Brittany Britannia

FTFY

Claim: you have a biologically designed machine with the power of the sun losing to the power of the moon?

I don't know what you're talking about or how this would be relevant.

Claim: Until I see girls in Brittany Britannia

i) FTFY
ii) Go on...

Claim: on the news for destroying their ken dolls, I'm not convinced

Boys like destroying things more, not necessarily Barbie dolls because they're women in particular.

Claim: Until then, your story is as believable as... someone setting their ear wax on fire in the middle of nowhere away from everyone except two friends (that are also making it up). And because they too stupid to realize the difference between the two waxes, they think nobody will ever figure out that they gonna get waxed for their wacky wax story.

Did it.

Claim: One more thing, considering the alleged circumstances the male is in - can you even call them "men"?

Yes, because they're male.

1. Con has refuted 0 of my arguments.
2. Con has made 0 sound arguments.
3. Con broke the first rule, about no trolling.

Aerogant

Con

You cannot call them men, if they are suppressed by women.

Men are the stature of nature; Women are the nature of stature.

When women govern men, the men are now children.
JacobGibbsDofE

Pro

Claim: "You cannot call them men, if they are suppressed by women."

Yes, you can. A man is a male adult human.

Claim: "Men are the stature of nature; Women are the nature of stature."

May I have some proof of that, please?

Claim; "When women govern men, the men are now children"

No, they're not, because they're adults.

1. Con has refuted 0 of my arguments
2. Con has made 0 sound arguments

Aerogant

Con

No, you cannot. They are not men, they are children. What man is controlled by a woman? No man - children only.

Biology - learn it; live it.

An older body does not indicate an older mentality. My, you are dense and profoundly stupid. As if you never seen a man child in your life - you might as well be one.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
Somehow that comment did not load the first time. I see it now.

~Hoo
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
lol nevermind.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
Too late for what exactly?
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
too late now! lol
Posted by TheShadowCupcake 2 years ago
TheShadowCupcake
To avoid people who don't take it seriously, you ought to make the debate impossible to accept.
Vote Placed by patrick967 2 years ago
patrick967
JacobGibbsDofEAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con trolled.