frankfurter50
acolevfx

In Denver, lakeside is better than elitch's.

acolevfx has forfeited round #2.

frankfurter50

Pro

Lakeside is a flourishing paradise in the middle of Denver. Elitch's is a scrawny hellhole. which one would you rather go to?

Lakeside has fun rides. Elitch's has ones that will make you vomit and poop your pants, and maybe die. which one would you rather go to?

Lakeside is cheap. Elitch's is expensive as hell. which one would you rather go to?

Lakeside has been around for over 100 years. Elitch's has been around for maybe twenty. Which one would you rather go to?

Please post your opening argument soon.
acolevfx

Con

Elitch's is definitely a better amusement park. First of all there are way more rides. Want a thrill? They've got the biggest coasters in the state! Don't like big rides? There are plenty of smaller rides for those who aren't thrill seekers. In fact, there's a whole kiddie area for small children to play at. Theres also the old school wooden coasters if you don't want all the crazy stuff. And did I mention the water park?! There's an entire section where you can just swim and hang out in without waiting in line. There's all kinds of water slides and wave pools. Not to mention the babes in the swimsuits. You could easily spend all day at the water park and not even get on any of the big rides if you choose to. And there's way better food.

Lakeside is cheap. Emphasis on the cheap. The rides breakdown all the time and are shut down for maintenance. There's gum stuck to everything. I would avoid the bathrooms and drinking fountains at all costs. The biggest thrill at lakeside is listening to their ancient, paint chipped roller coasters creak when you are on them and wondering if you will ever make it off the ride. Plus it's super dirty. There's literally dirt all over the place. It's also small. You can probably ride everything in a few hours and have experienced the entire theme park.

If you ask me, it would be better to save your money for an experience you know you will enjoy rather than spend it on a broken down park that hasn't had any new rides in 30 years.
frankfurter50

Pro

alright, think about it.

Lakeside doesn't constantly get new rides because it appreciates nostalgia and memories. in order for new, cool rides to be built, they have to tear down old ones, which would get people riled up for no reason whatsoever.

The bathrooms and drinking fountains are fine, painted with beautiful red color and one of the drinking fountains looks like a lion.

And being able to do everything in one day is actually an advantage. elitche's is so big that you miss stuff and then have to pay again some other time.

Besides, those elitche's rides are damn scary. I have never been on one and never want to be. Are you kidding about how nobody has visited lakeside in 30 years? Hell yeah they have. Lakeside gets an average of five hundred people a day, and over one hundred thousand people went there on opening day in 1908, when the population of denver wasn't too much above that. the rides are very well maintained and orderly.
Posted by frankfurter50 8 months ago
frankfurter50
i'm not a big fan of the centrifuge, but I do like most of the rides there. especially the merry go round! trust me, if you haven't been to elitches, don't go. you will hate it.
Posted by subdeo 8 months ago
subdeo
hello, fellow Coloradans! I have not been to Elitches, but I have been to Lakeside and I loved it. Especially that centrifuge thing that you stand up in.
Posted by subdeo 8 months ago
subdeo
Posted by frankfurter50 8 months ago
frankfurter50
alright, shore.
Posted by levi_smiles 8 months ago
levi_smiles
I suppose the subject is as worthy of debate as most but this forum is the wrong venue. The question is highly subjective & judges unfamiliar with our great city would have little objective criteria to employ in the separation of fact from feeling. It's hard enough to get a debate judged on issues not so limited by geography & interest. Nice as it is to see a local question at play, I think I'll pass.
Posted by frankfurter50 8 months ago
frankfurter50
elitch's hasn't been around since 1980. It was built in 1995. you've just been brainwashed into thinking that it opened way back when. The OLD elitch's was, but the new one and the old one are like heaven and hell.

If you want to debate, then don't do it here in the comment section, start the fight!
Posted by levi_smiles 8 months ago
levi_smiles
You're stating that Lakeside is more central than Elitch's? Elitch's is in downtown Denver, Lakeside isn't even within Denver city limits. Keep in mind that Elitch's was started in 1890, 18 years before before Lakeside. Lakeside is fun but they haven't updated their rides since the 50's - Elitch's opened this weekend with 3 new rides. There's a reason Elitch's can charge more.

A few months ago a police pursuit ended with the suspect car crashing into the front of Lakeside. Frankly, it was hard to tell what was damaged by the crash and what was just the usual dilapidation from neglect typical at Lakeside.