harrypotterfantng
RationalMadman

In The BBC Science Fiction Program Doctor Who, The Fourth Doctor Is Cooler Than The Tenth Doctor

harrypotterfantng

Pro

This is just something that popped into my head as a debate topic. Personally, I love both. The Doctor is the Doctor, but I have to pick a side. This debate is completely un-serious (if that is a word) and will not involve big words and lengthy responses if you do not want it to. I do require that my opponent is familiar with at least Tom Baker and David Tennant in the roles of the Doctor, so his or her arguments won't be biased or unsupported based on lack of knowledge about either character.

Round one will be just for acceptance so everything can stay nice and even round-wise. I peachfully await my opponent's acceptance!
RationalMadman

Con

Cooler doesn't mean hotter okay. It just means that the tenth, in my opinion, had such swag.
harrypotterfantng

Pro

Tom Baker protrayed the Doctor for seven years! Longer than any other Doctor so far. People called his era the golden age of Doctor Who [1]. He's got the scarf! He's got the jelly babies! He's got K-9! He's got the one and only Sarah Jane Smith! Some of the best of Doctor Who came from his series.

Tennant does have swag! He is pretty epic, but not as epic as Baker (Tom Baker, not the rainbow umbrella dude).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
RationalMadman

Con

I will use both these sources (http://en.wikipedia.org... and http://en.wikipedia.org...
as reference for any and all claims I make and chellenge my opponent to deny any.

Sarah Jane Smith is not unique to fourth doctor, tenth had her too.

In fact he had all the following companions:

Rose Tyler
Mickey Smith
Donna Noble
Martha Jones
Jack Harkness
Astrid Peth
Sarah Jane Smith
Jackson Lake
Christina de Souza
Adelaide Brooke
Wilfred Mott

He sifted through different hot women, all of whom fell in love with him one way or another.

He is the only doctor to act in a light-hearted, talkative, easy-going, witty and cheeky manner, but repeatedly demonstrate a vengeful and unforgiving streak as well.

He wears his own dark brown hair in various ways throughout the series: unstyled in "The Christmas Invasion", a 1950s-style quiff in "The Idiot's Lantern", and flattened forwards in "The Runaway Bride". He also has dark brown eyes. He is perceived by most, including companions and other characters as "slim and a little bit foxy".

Your fourth doctor had a lame unkempt afro.

Another part of the tenth Doctor's costume is a pair of dark tortoise-shell rectangular frame glasses; since "The Christmas Invasion", he wears them in numerous episodes. As noted above, the Tenth Doctor credits the Fifth Doctor with inspiring his footwear and glasses. The Tenth Doctor's costume became so popular that it has spawned numerous recreations (including a BBC-licensed replica of the Tenth Doctor's overcoat by AbbyShot Clothiers and a white/red version worn by Tennant when he co-hosted Comic Relief), and has been cited by costume designer Louise Page as the costume she is most proud of from her time on Doctor Who.

harrypotterfantng

Pro

harrypotterfantng forfeited this round.
RationalMadman

Con

The doctor knew the immortal Captain Jack Harkness (immortal thanks to the amazing Rose in her super sacrifice to the tardis mode) he took down the entire dalek population one episode, pitting them against cybermen in another... This guy is just god of all doctors, he is the sex symbol, he is the most social of them all he knows just to get in the pu$$Y and do that his body was made to do.
harrypotterfantng

Pro

I apologize for missing the previous round. My laptop has been down, and I do not intend for it to happen again.

On with the debate!

The fact that the 10th Doctor traveled with hot women has nothing to do with if he is cooler than Four or not. Even if it did, Tom Baker's Doctor traveled with Leela (portrayed by Louise Jamison), and Romana (portrayed first by Mary Tamm), who are often described as "hot" as well. In fact, all versions of the Doctor traveled with pretty women, so this has nothing to do with whether Ten is cooler than Four.

"[Ten] is the only doctor to act in a light-hearted, talkative, easy-going, witty and cheeky manner..."

Clearly you've never even seen a Tom Baker episode, because this sentence fits him perfectly. It reminds my of this scene to the right ( One of my favorites in all of Doctor Who)! Saying that he is the only Doctor to have this personality is a downright lie.

The Fourth Doctor had the scarf! Almost as cool as Eleven's bow-tie in the eyes of many, even Matt smith, the 11th doctor himself [1]!

You talk about the Tenth Doctor and his fight against the Daleks as if he's the only incarnation that has defeated him. All of him have! This has nothing to do with him being cool.

My opponent goes against proper conduct in his last sentence in round three. Even so, as much as some people think it is, Doctor Who is not about sex. The character was never meant to be a "sex symbol". He was meant to be a giddy, kind old man who traveled through time offering jelly babies to his enemies.

1. http://www.tor.com...
RationalMadman

Con

RationalMadman forfeited this round.
harrypotterfantng

Pro

harrypotterfantng forfeited this round.
RationalMadman

Con

RationalMadman forfeited this round.
Posted by harrypotterfantng 4 years ago
harrypotterfantng
Well so much for it not happening again...whoops.