boredinclass
ThePanda

In a battle, cthulhu would defeat Jesus Christ.

boredinclass

Pro

First round is for acceptance and key terms.
Battle- physical conflict
Cthulhu- just read the source http://en.wikipedia.org...
Jesus Christ- Jesus of Nazareth as depicted in the bible

See you next round
ThePanda

Con

I accept this debate, and the terms you have defined are good for me. Good luck to my opponent, an i look foreward to debating against you.
boredinclass

Pro

For clarification, Jesus and cthulhu are at their height of ability that has been depicted(yes cthulhu is awake), and they are both alone.

c1-cthulhu has more destructive power than Jesus

One major example is his psychic powers, even the ability to control his minions and people. Jesus has never proven to be able to do this. In fact all Jesus has only been able to resurrect himself, other people and heal. He's basically a battlefield medic, not a fighter. He cannot win.

c2-Jesus will be killed easily

The only depiction of the life of Jesus of Nazareth, is from the bible. In the bible, Jesus never performs a powerful feat. (say, using pysichic powers to kill your enemy) And all the love Jesus preaches wouldn't help him against the merciless cthulhu. For this debate we are also to assume that Jesus is to be considered an old one. And according to the necronamican, the only way to kill an old one is another old one, therefore, Jesus cannot resurrect.

c3- Cthulhu has a more able body than Jesus

Cthulhu is seems to be approximately somewhere between 50-100 feet tall, while Jesus stands at about 5'6-6'2. And because of his lifestyle, is not very strong. Cthulhu also has wings to be able to fly, claws to destroy Jesus despite his powers, and many other physical features to best Jesus.

ThePanda

Con

I will start be refuting my opponents points.
You say Cthulu has more destructive power than Jesus. While Cthulu may have much power, The Bible is clear that Jesus is God, in the form of a human. Therefore Jesus should be able to do all the things God can, or to summarize, he has the power to do almost anything. With the power of God, who according to the Bible created the earth and all around it, flooded the entire earth, and is able to create any animal or creature he wants, Cthulu does not have more power, or destructive power than Jesus.
You also claim Jesus can be killed easily. While Jesus is human, he is still God, and was resurrected. As the bible says Jesus has died and gone to heaven, And is immortal. Therefore how could Cthulu defeat something immortal? Assuming you prove Jesus is not Immortal, he still has been resurrected once, who is to say he will not be again?
You also state that Jesus is not strong and able bodied, and Cthulu has physical features to destroy Jesus. While I will not argue Cthulu does not have these features, what evidence supports that Jesus is not able bodied?

I believe that what I stated above is enough evidence to support that Jesus could defeat Cthulu in a fight. Good luck in the next round!
boredinclass

Pro

boredinclass forfeited this round.
ThePanda

Con

My Opponent has forfeited his round, I see no reason to add any more arguments.

Vote Con!
boredinclass

Pro

boredinclass forfeited this round.
ThePanda

Con

My opponent has not responded, therefore i will add nothing else. Vote Con!!!!
Posted by the-great-detective-L 5 years ago
the-great-detective-L
@ bigpoppajustice 10 months ago
This is gonna be a pretty solid debate. I tried to look in the Wiki article, but I couldn't find out what Cthulhu's powers are.

ehem. well being a cthulhu worshiper, cthulhus powers are well brute force, the ability to summon shoggoths, mi-gos, byakhees, ect., the powers of darkness and water, and the ability to drive humanity insane and suck out souls.

@Meatros 10 months ago

Hm...I suppose a key factor is *when* is this 'battle' taking place?

Since the stars aren't right, Cthulhu lay sleeping in the house of R'yleh.

Even though he's 50+ feet tall, he's asleep. Jesus can basically disembowel him at his leisure. Since Jesus brings the sword, he can have a little technological help...

lets just act like the stars are right.....

and also:

@bigpoppajustice 10 months ago

If this debate fails, I'll pick it up.

so will i, i'll argue for the cthulhu side. CTHULHU FHTAGAN!
Posted by Meatros 6 years ago
Meatros
Seems to me that God in human form (ie, Jesus) does not mean that Jesus would necessarily have all of God's power - or else how would he have been killed? Jesus was merely God in the flesh, fully human.

Further, I would argue that if you 'die' you have lost the battle...It doesn't matter if you wake up three days later. When a boxer gets knocked out, the audience doesn't wait around for him to wake up and continue fighting....The boxer who gets knocked out, loses...
Posted by bigpoppajustice 6 years ago
bigpoppajustice
If this debate fails, I'll pick it up.
Posted by Meatros 6 years ago
Meatros

Posted by bigpoppajustice 6 years ago
bigpoppajustice
Posted by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
Is Christ allowed to get help from his Dad?