Yraelz
Logical-Master

In a fight to death, between Logical-Master & Yraelz, Logical-Master would likely emerge victorious.

Yraelz

Pro

Greetings LM and the debate.org community.

Although my esteemed opponent, Logical-Master, and myself have never met in person, years of indirect communication has assured me that I would be devastated if we were to engage in a fight to the death. In this debate, my burden of proof will simply be to demonstrate that LM would likely emerge victorious. Anecdotal evidence, links to previous comment threads, links to previous debates, poorly photo-shopped depictions, and general assessments of persona will all be permissible factors in this debate. However, the voters will have to choose their own criteria for what to weigh as important. Doubtlessly, LM and I will try to persuade these decisions.

***********************************************************
Let's establish a couple of guidelines for each round.

Round 1: Opening comments, LM will doubtlessly use this time to establish some definitions in order to get ahead of the game. In fact, he may just make an entire case.

Round 2: Focus - General fighting.

Round 3: Focus - If we were anime characters. Rebuttal to General Fighting.

Round 4: Opposite round - Everything we say is the opposite of what we mean. Voters ought to account for this in some way.

Round 5: Concluding Remarks - Which will really just turn into 8000 character rebuttals.

The best of luck to my opponent. I lay two cards face down and end my turn.
Logical-Master

Con

Greetings debate dot org and thanks for reviewing yet another fabulous debate. Were these better circumstances, I would extend greetings my opponent. However, through my diligent findings prior to this debate, it has become readily apparent to myself and others that Yraelz is a trained assassin involved with the mob. Circumstantial evidence establishes that he is contractually obligated to end my life at all costs. This man is a danger to society. I insist that after you read today' s debate rounds, you immediately report him to the proper authorities, less he turns his vampire like thirst for blood to one of you, your parents . . . (dramatic pause) . . . or even your children.

Under normal circumstances, I'd delay my arguments until the second round in a five round debate. However, I fear the nefarious Yraelz has caught onto my efforts to ensnare and bring him to justice. Thus, I shall go ahead and make the first strike . . . while I'm still alive.

CONTENTION #1: Yraelz, has the means and motive to assassinate me at the appropriate time.

Means: Unbeknownst to our malevolent assassin, I conducted a brief psychoanalysis on him prior to this debate. During our interview, I asked him several questions that not only established his cold blooded psychogical profile, but also confirmed his involvement and obsession with his profession simultaneously. Observe the following excerpts from our conversation.

http://imageshack.us...

http://imageshack.us...

http://imageshack.us...

As you can see plainly, this man admits to not being bothered about killing people. He even goes so far as to clarify by claiming "Most things in life don't 'bother' me. Especially true of things online (suspended reality)." He's not at all bothered by death and pretty much anything. His only concern is getting "the job" done.

As you can also see from that conversation, he frequently attempts to gather information on my whereabouts as well as what I'm doing. He's planning "the kill" and wants to know where to pull it off and how.

Which brings us to why he is so interested . . .

Motive: In addition my other questions, I asked a basic question which has often revealed quite a bit about one's thought process. Indeed, simply by asking someone what their favorite color, your can gather a great deal of intel on their world view. Here, I asked Yraelz just that. I asked him what his favorite color was. And do you know how he responded? *insert dramatic pause*

He said his favorite color was GREEN. Now just pause and think about that for a moment *insert dramatic pause.*

GREEN is the color of life's problems. GREEN is the color of corruption. GREEN is the color of greed. Members of debate dot org, GREEN is the color of MONEY. Yraelz is fixated with acquiring MONEY and will stop at NOTHING to get what he wants . . . when he wants it. His GREED and SELFISHNESS knows no bounds, members of debate dot org. It goes to the extent to which he'd enter into a profession that requires the taking of other people's lives.

CONTENTION #2: I by contrast am simply a ramen noodle eating law student

Outside of a case brief, a suit and some fancy words, I'm no threat to him, much less most people within our society. The most I can do is legally gamble your money in a room with 12 people bored out of their minds! Obviously, I'm no match for a world class mafia assassin. That's why I'm asking you, members of debate dot org, to help me deal with this villain. Alone, we are no match, but together we can overcome him. As you're reading this, I ask that you report this Yraelz to the proper authorities before its too late!

CONTENTION #3: Pre-Emptive Strike

Now knowing the extent to which the mob operates, Yraelz has gone to great lengths to conceal his true criminal identity. No doubt will Yraelz attempt to employ the same song and dance routine amidst this debate to cover his tracks.
Indeed, he knows law enforcement agents are onto him and his schemes. Thus, as of recent, he has been playing "mafia" games on this website.

See, to Yraelz, these games serve multiple purposes. 1) They enable him to avoid suspicion. Any time the FEDS get too close, he simply tells them that he's not in the real mafia, but is just playing a children's game. *insert dramatic pause* If they only knew. 2) They enable him to build up on his 'mafia skills' per se. As you can see from our conversation, Yraelz admits to not being good at manipulating others. Once, during his profession, he was nearly 'murdered' while unsuccessfully operating incognito. Thus, Yraelz uses these games to develop his skills and perhaps advance his position in the mob.

CONCLUSION: Yraelz is a danger to a society that no one man can contend with

As you can see, circumstantial evidence establishes clearly that Yraelz is a deadly mafia assassin. This means two things: 1) It means that I am no match for you him and am in need of your aid. 2) It means you can't believe even a single thing he says throughout the remainder of this debate. As an assassin, he has ample motive to lie and deceive you. Remember, he doesnt want to get caught and will do his best efforts to remain incognito.

######################

I place three cards face down and end my turn!

Yraelz

Pro

Greetings debate.org members, I would waste my time thanking you but you will soon realize that the gesture would be quite insinsere. Under these circumstances, I would like to extend a simple plea to my opponent, “please do not murder me before this round is over.” I beg instead, that you hear my side of this contractual obligation... As for the audience, while I’m sure reporting me would yield results, reporting my opponent would be quite useless as you will soon discover. I will therefore not urge you to do so.

Contention 1: The Truth... about Yraelz

I’m afraid I cannot deny the accusations that my opponent has leveraged against me. I am, indeed, a trained mob assassin. I have been known, from time to time, to end the lives of those deemed worthy of termination via my employer. Many planetary orbits ago I was hired by the mob because of my utter disregard for other’s feelings. As logical-master irrefutably proves, I am “not at all bothered by death and pretty much anything.” In fact, I have never once been swayed by the emotional opinions of those around me. To most, I am a monster.

However, Logical-Master (a master of many things aside from logic) has excluded one small detail from his psycho-analysis. He correctly states, that I am concerned with selfishness and greed. But he never tells you what that truly means. You see debate.org, the entire point of my existence is self-preservation and self-promotion. I signed on to be a trained mob assassin because the lifestyle is quite profitable and offers me an excuse to slay those who would oppose me. Over the years, I have searched for anyone who could oppose me in order to know of their every move. And until four years ago I had great luck in doing so. The fact that I am so emotionless and uncaring has allowed me to dedicate every ounce of my brain power to calculating my opponents’ every moves. Veritably, I could only be stopped by a force that cannot be stopped. Which leads me to contention 2...

Contention 2: The Truth... about Logical-Master

Four years ago, while exploring the remote crevices of the internet (debate.org) I stumbled upon Logical-Master. From his demeanor, and his frequent support of ninjas, my robust brain instantly recognized that something was awry.

Exhibit 1: Original Ninja Posting

http://imageshack.us...

from: http://www.debate.org...

http://imageshack.us...

from: http://www.debate.org...

But for the first time in my life, I could not quite tell what was amiss. As part of the mob I sent my intel seeking minions to learn more about this strange beast. They never returned. Instead, within hours, I received this message from Logical-Master:

Exhibit 2: A Message of Foreboding Proportions

http://imageshack.us...

It was clear that Logical-Master had outsmarted even I. And while I have killed many men, his numbers dwarf mine by orders of magnitude. With my powerhouse of brain I could deduce that there was only one explanation for this. Logical-Master had been trained, in the far depths of the vietnam, as a tactical ninja.

He later told me that the only reason he ever let me live was because killing me would be too easy. With my incredible intelligence (see emotionless argument) I knew what he said to be true.

Contention 3: You’re Skeptical? Look again!

I implore you, the great debaters of debate.org, to examine again the evidence that my opponent has leveraged against me. For instance, Logical-Master quite clearly lays a devious trap for me. Ignorant of his intentions I state, “God, I feel like I'm falling into a trap right now, but I just can't think what it is.... I'm just so foolish.” Falling into this trap only proves that logical-master has an intellect greater than even that of an emotionless super computer. Furthermore, as I started this round I lacked the forethought to pre-emptively engage my opponent. Meanwhile, Logical-Master prepared well for this debate, and quite literally ninja’d the definitional round for his diabolical purposes. At the end of round 1, I only layed two cards face down, but my opponent came prepared with three. The ninja like behavior continues ad nauseum...

But finally, esteemed debaters, I ask you these. If logical-master were really just a random law student, why would a trained mob assassin be gunning for him? And how could a trained mob assassin, who has killed so many, fail to end the life of a simple law student for four years straight? The truth should be quite apparent, my opponent is not what he appears to be.

Contention 4: Vote To Save My Life!

Perhaps you’re wondering why a trained mob assassin has started such a debate? The truth is, even ninja’s like to hear their own praise. I wish to keep living.

Exhibit 3: My Life Is In Your Hands

http://imageshack.us...

So voters, when you think about your decision at the end of this round... realize that my life is in your hands. If Logical-Ninja does not feel like he is supremely better than me (as exemplified by people voting Pro) he will slay me within minutes.

I attempted to reach for my Yugio deck, but Logical Master has ninja’d it. As expected when facing a ninja, I place nothing face down.
Logical-Master

Con

Salutations members of debate.org. Through our combined efforts, the villainous Yraelz has been forced to expose himself and his nefarious deeds. We are one step closer to bringing him to justice! He nonetheless hopes to persuade you by portraying me as an even greater villain. However, although there is some merit to his claims regarding my leniage, you'll find that Yraelz is by the far your greatest threat. Based on some key facts established in this round, it'll become clear to you that I cannot possibly hope match, even presuming his assertions about me have merit.

Contention 1:

In addition to admitting to his criminal identity, Yraelz tells us that he uses debate.org to seek out those who could oppose him. However, as you'll soon discover,no one can oppose him. Truth be told, Yraelz uses this site for entertainment. Those he seeks out fulfill this purpose welll, as you'll see below.

Contention 2:

Here, Yraelz attempts to turn the tables and claim that I am a ninja intent on killing him. He provides various instances of my support for ninjas and their activities. It is true that I support ninjas. It is also true that involve myself with ninjas. However, I myself am not a ninja. My deceased bodyguard, however, is a ninja. Indeed, the user Kleptin was a ninja while he was still alive. He acted to protect me against the villainous Yraelz.

This debate serves as an example of his loyalty (see comment section):

http://www.debate.org...

As another user points out, Kleptin comes out of nowhere to defend me. This is because he is a master of stealth. Moreover, he is asian: http://www.debate.org...

Members of debate.org, the evidence of my former bodyguard's prowess is clear. Yraelz speaks of vanishing, but as you can see for yourself, Kleptin has not been active in months. In fact, Kleptin stopped posting just as soon as Yraelz came back, as we can see in the comments on Yraelz's profile ( http://www.debate.org... ). Unfortunately, Yraelz has eliminated my companion with bloodlust, members of debate.org. And like any vampire, his thirsts for blood is endless.

Which brings us to Yraelz's exhbits. Members of debate.org, what I'm about to show you will startle you. Never again will you look upon Yraelz in the same way! Look at his third exhibit and then look at this pitures:
http://imageshack.us...

In examining those pictures closely, you'll notice that I didn't talk to Yraelz again until Sunday! Yet his third exhibit suggest I talked to him on Saturday. Not only that, but Yraelz didn't send this debate until Sunday! Therefore, the only way explain the inconsistency in Yraelz exhibits is that Yraelz has complete and total control over space and time, thus can doctor reality at his leisure. This is all the more reason not to trust any information he provides.

With complete control over reality, Yraelz is invincible and I (much less anyone) is a match for him at this point! Before he wills us all out of existence, we miht be able to at least annoy him by voting CON in this debate!

Contention 3:

Yraelz di indeed fall into my trap, but based on the above evidence, it is now clear, ladies and gentlemen , that Yraelz allowed himself to be ensnared. Indeed, now that we know that he's also a demi-god, it's clear that he toys with the lives of mortals at his leisure. Whether he falls into a trap or not is of no concern as he can always manipulate reality to suit his wishes when needed.

Finally, Yraelz ask why a trained mob assassin would be gunning for a simple law student. The answer of course is "why not." As an omnipotent demi-god/ mob-asassin, Yraelz can do whatever he wants. He's like a cat torturing its prey. Sure, he could incinerate me or just about anyone within the realms at any time, but what fun would there be in that? Much like the classic bond villain, Yraelz will go to great lengths to extend the lifespan of the protagonist, even to the point of redundancy. Though he finally grew tired of toying with my comrade Kleptin, it seems he has not yet grown tired of dealing with me. Members of debate dot org, we must seize this opportunity while we have the chance!

Yraelz claims to have no deck, but with the ability to conjure a super nova with his eye lashes, he has no need!

Yraelz

Pro

Contention 1 - Anime World:
Given my presumed ability to doctor reality in conjunction with my "why not?" personality, it could be at any moment that I tranform the entire earth into a giant anime. Given my desire to face a challenge, I would likely allow each and every person to choose which anime character they would like to be. Doubtlessly my opponent would choose one of the five characters from his UTW matches. However, this fight has already been conclusively decided. Despite my votes for myself, a "debate pro" clearly evluated this issue and has awarded the victory to logical-master: http://www.debate.org...

Contention 2: The Double Bind:
Fortunately, I do not need to debate the merits of my opponents demi-god characterization in order to win this debate. You see, esteemed DDO residents, one of two things must be true. Either, I am supreme cat-like in personality demi-god intent on toying with my victims before ferociously killing them (like I did Kleptin). Or, my opponent is a sophisticated ninja satisfied to dissipate my life force should I succumb to his debate skills. At this point you may discontinue reading and vote for me to win.

No seriously, you already know why I win.

Because...

If I can freely doctor reality, then you have already understood the meaning of my last statement, due to my murderous intent. But by the off chance I can't doctor reality, let me rephrase. You see, esteemed DDO residents, one of two things must true. Either, I am a supreme cat-like in personality demi-god who will instantly annhilate everything you love at the precise moment you vote against me. Or, my opponent is a sophisticated ninja only intersted in dispatching prestigious opponents, and does not concern himself with the lives of simple humans.

Typically, on a site such as this you should vote for whoever you feel is correct. If it's true that logical-master is a ninja, intent on dispatching me through word games, then you should vote for me. After all, you believe the arguments I have made and face no negative reprucussions by voting against logical-master. But if you believe I am actually a demi-god capable of doctoring reality then you'll have to make a gamble. On one hand, you could vote for logical-master because a law student would likely be destroyed by a demi-god who could doctor reality. But on the other hand, you'll have to consider that I have just gauranteed to obliterate everything you love... The choice is yours DDO.

Contention 3: WIFOM
As I have proven, I do not need to demonstrate that I am not a demi-god. But I can do so anyways, to completely ensure my opponent's defeat. Logical-Master mentions that I often play mafia games on this website. He suggests that they are simply a cover for my criminal activites. However... the truth is far more nefarious... Due to my great fear of logical-master's abilities, I have secluded myself inside a bomb proof bunker over the last four years. As I can no longer experience the joys of murdering innocents, I have been relegated to doing so, virtually, on DDO.

WIFOM is where my opponents analysis on my demi-god abilities begins to crumble. For those of you not familiar with WIFOM it stands for "wine in front of me", and was coined via this scene from the movie Princess Bride: https://www.youtube.com...

In the scene the protagonist challenges Vizinni to a duel of the witts. As Vizinni explains, "are you the sort of man who puts the poison in his own goblet or his enemies?" He continues, "Now a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he is given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known that I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me." The conflict continues, and so WIFOM has come to emblemize the logic used by Vizinni. When someone knows that their actions are under scrutinity but are trying to trick an opponent, an infinite regression of logical reverse psychology steps are available. This conflict is the root of mafia games on DDO and is mentioned quite explicitely in this cites guide to mafia: http://www.debate.org...

With this conflict in mind, it is quite difficult for any mortal man to win 100% of mafia games. At some point, he/she will mispredict the WIFOM tells and so will fall prey to the mafia. Indeed I have now been killed off multiple times in DDO mafia games. In my first game, FEAR mafia, I was quite handidly defeated. But this would not be a problem for a demi-god capable of doctoring reality. Nay, such a being would be able to either predict how their opponents would react or would be able to alter reality to force their opponents to react favorably. My opponent characterizes me as 'cat-like' in nature. Keep in mind my fellow debators, cat's hate to lose. No demi-god with such a personality would voluntarily lose at a game. Thus, I could not possibly be a demi-god and my opponent must therefor be a highly trained ninja capable of destroying me.

I fear that even if I could conjure such a super nova, logical-master is skilled enough to steal my eye lashes beforehand. I am at his utter mercy; I implore the debate community to pool their funds and send me a yugi deck. LM has at least 2 cards still face down.
Logical-Master

Con

Contention 1:

Yraelz contends that because I was victorious in my UTW debate with him, I would choose one of my UTW characters in an actual "anime battle", hence I'd be victorious in an anime battle. However, members of debate dot org, if you would take a gander at the link he has provided you, you'll learn firsthand that not ONE of my characters were anime characters [1]. Rather, they were Western Animation and video game characters. As such, Yraelz's argument holds no merit.

Even if it did, there's also the act that the UTW debate's were hindered by rules/limitations.There, time travel was against the rules. As one can see, I won that debate due to Yraelz's devious efforts to break the rules by moving one second ahead of the normal line. Since no such rules hinder our anime battle, Yraelz would always have a one-second advantage and thus would be able to best me with ease.

Finally, as an anime, Yraelz would win without effort. As one can see from his profile, he's a fan of Bleach [2]. Thus, as a Bleach's man character, he'd have no problem slicing me to pieces. Take a look at this video and notice how quickly the main character moves [3]. Even if I were a ninja, I could NEVER keep up with that!

Contention 2:

Yraelz resents us with pascal's wager like scenario by addressing while two possibilities require a vote in his favor

Possibility #1: Yraelz the Omnipotent House Cat!

As suspected, Yraelz threatens you with what he may or may not do should you vote against him at the end of this debate. It's quite possible that our omnipotent house cat may do just that. In light of this threat however, I'm reminded of our one true advantage.
T
If there's one thing that can harm Yraelz, it's . . . boredom. Indeed,boredom is why he toys with his prey. Boredom is why he indulges with us mortals. Boredoms is why he debates and plays mafia. Members of debate.org, Yraelz seeks to relieve his boredom. Should he annihilate all of us, he will be bored for all of eternity. Should you all be alive at the end of this debate, that'll will serve as PROOF of this observation. In other words, should you live to see the end of this debate, that's justfication enough to vote CON. Voting CON is the only means of standing up to Yraelz without a guarenteed smiting!

Possibility #2: Logical-Ninja Master

If I truly am a ninja intent on doing the possible and ending the life an omnipotent hosue cat, why have I left evidence behind? A ninja is silent and leaves no evidence of his existence. What kind of ninja acts out in the open? If I truly am a ninja, I'm a lousy one at that and Yraelz assured victory as a result.

Possbility #3: Kleptin-san is the true ninja

As the evidence shows, my loyal ward Kleptin is the ninja Yraelz spoke of. Fortunately,as a result of cloning experiment, I have brought him back to life, as one can see from his recent activity[4].

Thus, as a result of these recent findings, if Yraelz is somehow not an omnipotent house cat and just a mafia assassin, neither of us will die at the end of the debate thanks to my bodyguard's constant dedication. Therefore, should I survive by the end of this debate, you should vote CON as it will confirm that no one emerged victorious in what both of us have agreed to being a fight to the death.

Contention 3:

Yraelz provides us with an explanation of WIFOM. However, one should examine the Princess Bride closely. If you'll listen to Vizinni's explanation, he actually go the right answer. He said "you could have put the poison in your own goblet trusting on your strength to save you." Westley (the guy with the zorro like mask) did exactly that. Yraelz has simply demonstrated that if one thinks hard enough, they can provide the right the conclusion. Had Vizinni not given up, he could have won the battle of wits by assessing the possibiliies he had already provided (one of them being correct). Members of debate dot org, Yraelz is simply trying to confuse you, much like Wesley confused Vizinni in the Princess. The obvious answer is right in front of you.

Yrael tells that no cat like demi-god would voluntarily lose a mafia game. However, since Yraelz is an omnipotent house cat, that means he's omniscient as well, meanine knew about this debate well in advance, thus knew how to counter my arguments ahead of time. He purposely lost that game so that he could win this debate. Sometimes, losing the battle is necessary to win the war.

Lastly, even if I were to steal Yraelz's eyelashes, he coud use his eyelashes remotely (akin to a remote WOMD) to incinerate me whie I was filled with a false of security!

Great justice demands that Yraelz be stopped!

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2] http://www.debate.org...
[3] https://www.youtube.com...
[4] http://www.debate.org...
Yraelz

Pro

I'm afraid I must forfeit round 4. Although I have easily bested my opponent with my clear powers, I have lost this debate...

I would like to point out that my opponent has confirmed himself as a humble law student through his cloning experiment. Only a law student would have a ninja bodygaurd and be able to clone that bodygaurd. Nothing suggests that Logical-Master is a trained assasin or anything more than an average law student. Undoubtedly he has won this debate.

Additionally his arguments about my omnipotence are dead true. I could not have used WIFOM to win the mafia games and simultaneously win this debate: Thus I would not like to post this addendum to my argument:

===================================================================
Addendum:
ontention 1:

Contention 2:

T

Possibility #2: Logical-Ninja Master

Contention 3:

Yraelz provides us with an explanation of WIFOM. However, one should examine the Princess Bride closely. If you'll listen to Vizinni's explanation, he actually go the right answer. He said "you could have put the poison in your own goblettrusting on your strength to save you." Westley (the guy with the zorro like mask) did exactly that. Yraelz has simply demonstrated that if one thinks hard enough, they can provide the right the conclusion. Had Vizinni not given up, he could have won the battle of wits by assessing the possibiliies he had already provided (one of them being correct). Members of debate dot org, Yraelz is simply trying to confuse you, much like Wesley confused Vizinni in the Princess. The obvious answer is right in front of you.

Yrael tells that no cat like demi-god would voluntarily lose a mafia game. However, since Yraelz is an omnipotent house cat, that means he's omniscient as well, meanine knew about this debate well in advance, thus knew how to counter my arguments ahead of time. He purposely lost that game so that he could win this debate. Sometimes, losing the battleis necessary to win the war.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org......
[2] http://www.debate.org......
[3] https://www.youtube.com......
[4] http://www.debate.org......
Logical-Master

Con

As you can NOT plainly see, Yraelz has NOT merey disagreed with everything I said in the previous round. Instead, he HAS offered arguments in response to what I said. In light of the arguments he HAS clearly provided above, I request that you NOT extend my entire round 3.

NO THANK YOU! HAVE A TERRIBLE DAY!
Yraelz

Pro

Yraelz forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Con

Pull all arguments across. Thanks and have a nice day!
Posted by Logical-Master 3 years ago
Logical-Master
I dunno about Yraelz, but I don't request that you read this whimsical debate. I simply did it for fun. If Yraelz wants, he can have all 7 points and I won't count it as a vote bomb.
Posted by Noumena 3 years ago
Noumena
Will read/vote on this later tonight.
Posted by Yraelz 3 years ago
Yraelz
Aww shhhhhhiiiitttttt
Posted by Smithereens 3 years ago
Smithereens
like magnets repel, and thus you are both safe from each other.
Posted by Logical-Master 3 years ago
Logical-Master
Preparing outlines simultaneously, but will try and give this a shot!
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
YraelzLogical-MasterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Very confusing...