In a war between the nerds and the geeks, the geeks would win.

Started: 4/18/2014 Category: Funny

I believe that if somehow a war between nerds and geeks flared, the geeks would end up victorious. I will provide definitions for both "nerds" and "geeks".

Nerd: The kind of kid that is a genius on one or more school subject(s). The stereotypical nerd is shorter than average, tucks his/her shirt in, has taped glasses, and makes strange nasal noises. Is nice to anyone that doesn't shove them in the hallway.

Geek: The kind of kid that is way too much into video games and comic books. To be specific, computer games and DC Comics. Usually has a good attitude, slightly better than that of a nerd. Is nice to anyone that likes the same companies he/she does.

First round is for acceptance.
May the odds be ever in my favor.

I accept this argument

I will start off this debate with the argument that geeks have more skill. Since geeks watch action movies, play video games, and read superhero comic books, they see more fighting situations than nerds do. The geeks will be able to use these fighting skills to an advantage, rendering the nerds almost helpless.

First off I would like to point out that watching action movies and playing video games does not make you a better fighter, this is why the nerds and geeks tend to get beat up by the jocks and bullies. Second I would like to use Pro's definition of a nerd as a "kid that is a genius on one or more school subject(s)" since my opponent does not specify what type of school I will assume that anything goes. Lets first look at Xavier's SCHOOL for the gifted, class subjects including energy manipulation, hand to hand combat, teleportation, phasing, various physic abilities, and other many other similar courses, if you are a genius in any of these subjects you will have a huge advantage over the geeks who just watch a lot of movies/comics the nerds could also be geniuses at subjects taught at schools such as Hogwarts, Star trek academy, Jedi school, Taskmasters assassin school, and various other comic/movie/book schools along with United states and other countries military schools where they will learn abilities to give them huge advantages in a fight (If my opponent wishes me to expound I will). geeks have no such experience or skills. The nerds would win because they have training in combat and are geniuses at it, and two they have abilities such as the force or mind powers to give them a gigantic advantage in a fight. Thanks for the fun topic I'm excited for your response.

First of all, Xavier's school isn't real. therefore, your argument there is useless. And you do realize that Xavier's School, Hogwarts, Star Trek Academy, Jedi School, and Taskmaster's Assassin School are all things GEEKS would care for, not nerds, right?

Geeks are not beaten up by jocks and bullies, they HANG OUT with those people. Obviously, this is a huge advantage.

First off I would like to point out that a war between geeks and nerds is not real either and since you failed to specify what type of school so I can use the argument of "Xaviers School" because you simply said school, and if you fail to mention what type of school in the beginning, you can not decide to set limits after I already made the arguments, so this argument is actually perfectly viable. secondly I also stated that you can be a nerd at a MILITARY SCHOOL which is real, there is not only American military schools, there are tons of other countries military schools and these all still have classes in hand to hand combat, weapons training, strategy, and many others. You can not argue that these schools don't count either because they are very real. An just because someone supposedly cares more for something doesn't mean that they are better at it. And you say geeks aren't beaten up while I say nerds aren't beaten up and many nerds hang out with the jocks as well and besides that fact this is a war only between GEEKS and NERDS so you cant start bringing in groups that you cant prove would side with them (if you did I could simply say that nerds are in control of the worlds armies and politics and products along with virtually everything else and would easily smash the geeks out of the water) and while I have stated why the nerds would win my opponent has not given any reason to expect the geeks to win and they have also not shot down any of the reasons why I said that the nerds would win so the nerds are still ahead.

Thanks for the fun topic I shall await for the response, live long and prosper

Ugh... I'm serously trying not to pull out the insults! You obviously don't get it!

Of course the war between nerds and geeks isn't real, but geeks and nerds are! So, your arguments of Xavier's School do not even matter in that respect. Even if that school were real, geeks and nerds alike would not be accepted in it. The school is for Gifted Youngsters, aka Mutants.

You keep listing "advantages" of the nerds that our really advantages for the geeks! So thank you for helping my case!

I hope you know that you can also be a geek at military school.

You're the one who brought up jocks and bullies in the first place.

haha before I begin I would like to say that I have not felt insulted and apologies if you feel that I insulted you. Yes geeks and nerds are real, but so is genetic mutation and so it technically has the same prboblility. And if you never specify what type of school I have the ability to use any type that I wish, you also did not specify whether or not this was a fictional debate so you can not decide to accept some things that are fictional and not accept others. If you had specified in the beginning I would not have been able to use this argument but since you do not I have the ablility to use it. And with your definition of nerd being "kid that is a genius on one or more school subject(s)" many already existing people would qualify as a nerd, wolverine is a nerd in combat, Charles is a nerd in many subjects, same with beast just to name a few.

And all of these "advantages" are advantages for the nerds, it is not the other way around. Also you can't just make a claim like that without saying anything else about it, you have to give a reason that shows how it is not a advantage for nerds so that point you made is shot down.

And yes I know that you can be a geek in military school, however you said that a nerd is once again " kid that is a genius on one or more school subject(s)." so the nerds who are geniuses in the subjects would easily defeat the geeks who are just average so that point of yours is gone as well.

I brought up the point about the jocks because you are assuming that watching fighting makes you a better fighter and I was showing how watching fighting does not magically make you a better fighter (I should know I watch comic based movies all the time and sadly I have not learned how to be amazing at fighting). I tried to stop using this point because it seemed like you did not understand the point that I was making.

Geeks may use that phrase often but that does not mean it is exclusively theirs, one could be a nerd and a geek at the same time, the use of a phrase does not help your case in any way (and haha ill say what I want to say).

In short my opponent has not given a single reason why the geeks would win the war while I have given many reasons why the nerds would easily win (just look at everyday society, nerds rule the earth).

I shall go over why the nerds would win once more to make it simpler for my opponent. 1. nerds have the advantage of Xaviers school and many others 2. nerds are also "geniuses" in the military giving them yet another ridiculously large advantage. 3. nerds are smarter and could just build something to help them easily win.

Once again thanks for the fun debate, "Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its 5-year mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before." " Captain Kirk, Star Trek

"We have them just where they want us." " Captain Kirk, Star Trek

"Things are only impossible until they"re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

"Change is the essential process of all existence." " Spock, Star Trek

"In this galaxy there"s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all that, and perhaps more, only one of each of us." " Dr "Bones" McCoy, Star Trek

"In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death"..even vegetarians." - Spock, Star Trek

"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I"ll let you know." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end." - Spock, Star Trek VI

spock Klingon to This Lot Star Trek Quotes"Having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting, it may not be logical but it is often true." - Spock, Star Trek

"The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." - Dr "Bones" McCoy, Star Trek: The Voyage Home

"Second star to the right"and straight on "til morning." - Captain Kirk, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

"There"s an old saying, Fortune favors the bold. Well, I guess we"re about to find out." " Benjamin Sisko, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

"Jim (Captain Kirk), you don"t go around asking the Almighty for his I.D.!" - Dr "Bones" McCoy, Star Trek V

"No, I"m from Iowa. I only work in outer space." - Captain Kirk, Star Trek IV

"Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That"s the only planet in the galaxy that can make that claim." " Captain Kirk, Star Trek

"Fate protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise" " Commander Riker, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Patrick Stewart Captain Picard Klingon to This Lot Star Trek Quotes"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

"Spock. This child is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth. Now, what do you suggest we do".spank it?" - Dr "Bones" McCoy, Star Trek: The Motion Picture

"You can"t appreciate Shakespeare until you"ve read him in the original Klingon." " General Chang, Star Trek VI

"They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate countless worlds, and we fall back. Not again. Not this time. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther! And I will make them pay for what they have done!" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: First Contact

For Pete's sake, you freakin' moron. You know what, I don't care if I lose this debate. Hopefully the voters will see how stupid your arguments are.

1st off I would like to thank my opponent for this fun debate, now on to the nitty gritty

My opponent didnt do to much besides going all ad hominem. My opponent has not offered any reasons as to why the geeks would win this while I have offered multiple reasons as to why the nerds would easily win this war. My opponent never realy attacked any of these so they all pass. To the voters I would like to ask you not to judge Pro to harshly for that last round because they didnt offer clear definitions they made it easy for neg to win and made it virtualy impossible for Pro to win. I would like to thank you again for this fun topic. Here are the main reasons that nerds would win 1. nerds have the advantage of Xaviers school and many others 2. nerds are also "geniuses" in the military giving them a large advantage. 3. nerds are smarter and could just build something to help them win.

Vote con, live long, and prosper. Kirk out
Posted by Tvirus 2 years ago
I'm a nerd and I can't do 40 push ups in 1 minute play baseball and soccer and can lift up to 160 pounds on my back and I wight 106 and I am a little evil okay maby I'm am pure evil