Adam_Godzilla
Aerogant

In all cases, insulting or mocking a person is not morally justifiable

Adam_Godzilla

Adam_Godzilla

Pro

Looks like Aerogant is determined to debate this with me.

Con will go first and leave the last round empty.

Aerogant

Con

In all cases, insults mean nothing when they aren't true. People react when they contain tones of truth. What I'm doing is not insulting people - I am reflecting on the result of them insulting themselves. Many people do not like to admit to the possibility that some people on this planet can read people based on what they wear, what they want in life and what they do to get it. I am a very crafty man that does things to prove more of the fact that people are caught up in their own smoke and mirrors than strictly to bombard them like a street thug in 95% profanity. I'd much rather prefer to sophisticate my bluntness by resorting to deep levels of analysis instead. It's that simple:

People make it too easy to get under their skin - I'm just toughening them up in a way that's not the same as a bully's way of doing it. What I do is on a much higher level that can read people like books. A lot of people do not like me, because I tend to bring out the worst in them within seconds.
Adam_Godzilla

Pro

In all cases, insults mean nothing when they aren't true. People react when they contain tones of truth. What I'm doing is not insulting people - I am reflecting on the result of them insulting themselves. Many people do not like to admit to the possibility that some people on this planet can read people based on what they wear, what they want in life and what they do to get it.

Like Sherlock Holmes?

I'm joking.

I am a very crafty man that does things to prove more of the fact that people are caught up in their own smoke and mirrors than strictly to bombard them like a street thug in 95% profanity. I'd much rather prefer to sophisticate my bluntness by resorting to deep levels of analysis instead. It's that simple:

Well from the first paragraph, I could say that you are insecure about your identity. From the second paragraph you state that you are a man. Yet on your profile you set your gender to 'prefer not to say'. From this 'deduction' that I base on your behaviour I can just you an insecure person. But who gave me the right to judge you that way? How is it morally justified for me to insult you?

You try to justify insulting someone by pointing out that they are truths yet the fact is you cannot possibly know what a person is like since you cannot immediately jump into their minds and decide what they are. Just like how I cannot possibly prove you are insecure about your internet identity.

So you have failed to provide a case where insulting someone or mocking someone is justified. It will never be justified since you do not have any inherent rights to judge a person unless you have some sort of ability to know a person fully in body and mind. Much like God.

However you and everyone else is not god and so you cannot judge someone based on your own speculations.

And another false point you make is that you believe by insulting someone, you are toughening them up. Yet again, you are not God and do not know whether or not your attacks will weaken or strengthen a person's self-esteem. Just because you believe on the possibility of strengthening people by bullying them verbally, does not mean it is justified to bully them in the first place.

It is not scientifically proven that verbal assault strengthens a person's mind and therefore you do not have a strong justifiable reason to insult or mock a person.

Humans do not have any divine power or right to insult a person. When one chooses to verablly hurt someone, they are completely responsible for the consequences. They cannot justify their actions as morally right.

So far, you have not given any examples or cases where insult or mockery is justified. You only say that it stengthens a person or that it is only a reflection of the truth. Yet it doesn't justify the action. Since there's always the equal possibility of affecting the person negatively and causing depression, mental illness or in some extreme cases, suicide.

You cannot prove that the way you insult people brings about specific effects. That depends on the feelings and emotions of the person at the other end. You don't know what effect you will have on people and that is why you cannot justify any reasons why you insult them. Unless you are 100% percent certain of the effects the other person experiences is positive and helps integret them, then you cannot justify your actions as morally right.

Aerogant

Con

From the first paragraph, you have failed to psychically analyze me, even though I show no signs of insecurity, hence I lead the reader towards things that matter, rather than continue on bluffing about my talent. I say things strictly out of the sole fact that it's too amusing that when I say "I am genius", that people react to it more than I do. It just shows that people deserve to be ridiculed because they are pretending every day everything is okay, when they are the epitome of regression. What I say would mean nothing if they were actually worth something.

Will you look at that? I can argue your "insults" because they mean nothing to me, hence I do not have an insecurity. I am a diamond that cannot be scratched via years of self-discipline and taking away the spoils of life so I can live a constructive lifestyle that can live beyond my own desires and limited senses.

People judge themselves by becoming the very things I call them based entirely on the definition of the word of which I am using justifiably, hence it's in the dictionary and also featured in cartoons for kids. Therefore calling someone an idiot does not make me anything except a guy calling someone an idiot, while those who are "offended" by something like the word "idiot" over the word "retard" are truly revealing the sole idiocy I saw in them before they even had to reveal their true nature. I mean, it's disgusting that people attack people in the way they speak and what words they use over actual issues like drug cartels, government corruptions that do not involve whimsical conspiracy theories and the like. People are hypocrites and hungry monsters that pretend to be human and polite, when the only reason why people do this is because they do not want to deal with the heat, so you have this entire system of Bull shite where people only do things that are a lie just because it's easier, not because it's wise.

I can read people and know their true nature just by analyzing traits of their behavioral patterns. Everything I do is justified. I am not the enemy here. It is the people that live their lives in lies and wonder why there is no vigor left in the - no fight left in them - no sight left in them, living life through the lies of every single person who has already died on the inside for they have yet to descry the things of which we all deny and that is my poem I wish to cry this time for this moment aside.
Adam_Godzilla

Pro

Con drops many of my points and has failed to refute them. Instead he decides to defend himself (or herself) to my 'insults' which were actually just examples to show how no one has any inherent right to judge a person based off a few observations. It is a presumptious and farcical way to derive facts from people.

Con tries to defend his stance that insults are justifiable by saying that people deserve to be insulted and goes on to say that insulting and mocking someone is just beng truthful and facing reality as it is. But what con doesn't understand is that

Insults =/= truthful judgement

And that it fails to justify why insulting or mocking someone is morally right. Con does not uphold his BOP. He has not provided one case where insutling or mocking a person is completely justifiable and right but instead talks about how he himself is 'always right' and that everything he does is 'justifiable'. There is simply no evidence of this and is Con's own opinion of himself which does not help his case.

Con has one final round to prove that in some cases, insulting or mocking a person can be morally justifiable. Con seems to have missed the point of the debate in which he gives a speech about peoplebeing hypocrits and liers which frankly is irrelevant to this debate and does not help his BOP at all.

Aerogant

Con

In this world, people can say you will burn in hell.

In this world, people can say you're a homeless scum.

In this world, people can say you're nothing.

In this world, people can say you're a tool.

In this world, people can say you nothing you say matters.

In this world, people can imply that you're stupid, worth nothing, going nowhere, scum, POS, BS, etc.

In this world, racism and other terms that are tied to serious hatred are not allowed - in my entire history on this site, I have not once used racism or terms tied to hatred, therefore I am not "rude" - I am simply "bending the rules", without bending them because I can't say "idiot", while people can say and imply other words; and guess what? "retard" is still not a banned word in this society. Therefore I rest my case. If you're going to complain about "idiot", a word found in the dictionary - that is heard in children's cartoons, you need to grow up - there's nothing "rude" about "idiot". Want to complain about that? Go harp on the people who threaten people with an everlasting hell for eternity.

I am not the bad guy. Just because I call someone an idiot is not the issue - it's my ability to use idiot in a way that truly gets under people's skin that gets people are worked up. I see people call people an idiot all the time, but it doesn't do much. Why? The person saying it is an idiot themselves. Me, however, I am beyond idiocy - I am a genius; people know this, but will do anything to ignore me like they ignore their everyday responsiibilities, their fears and the love and watery feelings that make them human.

You cannot retort any of this without demonstrating devil's advocate, double standards and denial. You have failed this debate - I have sealed this debate to a T because this is a serious issue I am dealing with. I have been suppressed, oppressed, silenced and attacked for no reason based on the same nonsense you worry about over real issues in this world that are a thousand times worse than "idiot". Please, leave me alone if you aren't going to learn the difference between what's really "rude" and how there are people in this world that "imply" very vile inferences in people's lives that hurt us more than the term "idiot" ever could. Silence is worse than being yelled at and scolded hands down. As someone who has been alone for a very long time in their life, I can tell you that you are a coward to even think that "idiot" is a problem. I have went through so much, you don't even know. It disgusts me that you guys are so bloody intellectually challenged, that you have to make mountain out of a mole hill out of something that I have went through years of pain because of. Leave me alone.
Adam_Godzilla

Pro

Con has again dropped my arguments. I want to ask what's wrong with you Aerogant, you seem to be having a breakdown. Are you alright?

In all cases my opponent was not able to uphold his BOP. This I understand is because he feels this debate is targeted to him when it's not. It's just a debate that has nothing to do with Aerogant personally. I did not mean it when i said to Aerogant that he was insecure. I meant it as an example. It seems he took it seriously.

So to break down what seems to be my opponent's arguments he says;

1) In this world, people insult you.

2) Racism isn't allowed. I haven't used a racist term, I'm not rude. I am bending the rules by calling you idiot and that word isn't banned. I can call you an idiot. get over it, you'e heard it in television. And retard isn't a banned word too you know? Go complain about it to to the people who preach hell.

So just because society doesn't punish those who say idiot and that a lot of people use the word 'idiot', it somehow justifies the moral use of the word idiot? I do not see how. It doesn't justify it morally at all. People still get hurt by you intentionally using it on them. You know it hurts them and they get hurt. In some cases it doesn't, but in those cases, the word doesn't become an insult. Insult meaning that which hurts the feelings of others. You cannot justify the action of intentionally hurting another person

And also how does complaining have to do with anything?

3) I am a genius.

4) You have failed the debate.

\You didn't prove your stance. You didn't uphold your BOP. You didn't refute my arguments. You didn't say much except make this debate something personal.

5) Please leave me alone.

What? You were the one who wanted to debate this. I made it open to anyone.

6) Silence is the worst punishment. You are a coward to think idiot is a problem. I've gone though so many more things than you have. You guys are dumb, it's disgusting.
I don't see an argument here.

Also I know what silence and loneliness feels like you know. If you need to confide in someone for an issue like that, try the forums.

7)You guys are so bloody intellectually challenged, that you have to make mountain out of a mole hill out of something that I have went through years of pain because of. Leave me alone."

I don't care what you personally think about the idea of insults and how people address it. You took on this debate and you barely argued. And that's your loss.

Bro, dude, buddy, if you're feeling emotional about something just talk to Zarroette about it. No one will understand your pain more than she does. She can help you get on the right path. Or talk about this in the comments instead on the debate or go to the forums. You have so many options.

Vote for Pro of course.

Thanks.

Adam_Godzilla.

Aerogant

Con

Aerogant forfeited this round.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
Thank you Relativist. Con actually deactivated his account.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
Haha yeah. Thanks for the vote btw!

And thank you bladerunner for your vote too.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
lol talk to zarroette
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
Oh, my opponent left DDO.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
I never argued that you shouldnt call someone an idiot. But i only argue that it cannot be morally justified, to which you did not refute.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
You mean the eye of the hurricane. Where it is the most calm. Yet in this centered state, you deny any mysterious, supernatural phenomenon. Why?
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
The metaphysical world may not be something you can see, but can be felt. I'm working on a theory that explains the potential of humans in that they have omni-observance - all you have to do is open every last one of your senses and feel the world from head to toe. This sounds like basic meditation, but it leads to something beyond meditation. I have not once meditated in my life and I have more wisdom because where I come from, peace is the eye of a tornado.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
As someone who denies the existence of strange phenomenons, you don't mind accepting the existence of a metaphysical world?
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
As someone who is very deep and logical, I can tell you that it's not logic that holds us back - it's being physically nostalgic. A lot of people are afraid of the metaphysical world of the Universe; many go as far as to pretend it does not exist. However, whether people want to deny it or not, this reality we stand in did not always exist, but became existent after proceeding an otherwise metaphysical world.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
Logic only get you to a certain place and then it stops.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
Adam_GodzillaAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF? That awfully sways the debate in pro's favour...
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Adam_GodzillaAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: con did not even do anything to support his part
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
Adam_GodzillaAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's rounds were nonsense. That Pro did not have the BoP is odd, to say the least, but it is what it is. Conduct for the last round forfeit--though Con was supposed to leave it blank, there was no reason to run down the clock.