Stefy
JoJoju1998

In context of Catholodism,should divorced and remarried persons be allowed to recieve Communion?

Stefy

Pro

Fist round for acceptance.
Notes: -Please don't feel like you have to be Catholic to accept. I would like this to be fairly objective. :)
JoJoju1998

Con

Stefy

Pro

Thanks for accepting.
So the Church's opinion on the subject is that getting remarried after a divirce that was unapproved by the church is adultery and therefore a sin and these people should as a result not be allowed to recieve Communion as long as the situation persists, which if you got remarried could concievably be the remainder of your life.
That being said my view is that they should be allowed to recieve Communion because
1) The Church does not deny Communion to people for commiting other things considered to be sins by the Church that persist over a long period of time. (sex in premarital relationship, lying, ect). So the reaction is disproportionate.
2) It is against the Bible which says things like "Judge not others lest ye be judged" (Luke 6:37) and "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" (Matthew 7:3). One of the major themes of the New Testement is not to judge people and forgiveness.
3) The Pope made a very good point about Communion when he said, "The Eucharistr is not a prize for the perfect, but a powerful medicine and nourishment for the weak
4) The unwelcome atmosphere may drive these people from the Church
JoJoju1998

Con

JoJoju1998 forfeited this round.
Stefy

Pro

Stefy forfeited this round.
JoJoju1998

Con

JoJoju1998 forfeited this round.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
Yeah i assure you im not that narrow minded. im just not very articulate lol.
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Oh, I know... but your continued comments seemed to deny that it was ever wrong. Glad to see you were finally able to articulate your thoughts better.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
Yeah i changed it about 8 comments ago
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Glad to see you figured out the correct way to convey your message.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
It was! i knew what you were talking about and i forgot to add the word remarried. thats all. we were on the sane page with the issue i just phrased the question badly. Believe me i know how the dictrine works i have cousins whove gone tgrough hell because of this rule b
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
I recognize that the issue is the remarrife in certain cases if divorce weve been through this. Instead of sending me links can you tell me what exactly the problem is?
I think that Catholics who get a divirce that is nit approved by the church and di things like nit taje a celibance vow or they get remarrued should be able to recieve Communion.
Can you tell me what in the above phrase you are himaving trouble with?
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
The only issue was you still seem to deny your original resolution was not accurate.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
I. know.
that is exactly what the question says. It was not phrased clearly enough. I phrased it clearer. What is the issue.
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Again, you were mistaken. The synod concerned whether divorced AND remarried Catholics should be able to receive communion. Just being divorced is not the issue. It's getting remarried that causes a Catholic to be unable to receive communion.

The conference comes a few weeks after a Vatican summit, known as a synod, where more than 200 Catholic bishops discussed controversial issues surrounding the family such as cohabiting unmarried couples, whether divorced and remarried individuals can receive Communion and how to treat children from these unconventional families, which remains a prevalent topic among the church"s hierarchy."