Kait
kingoflove21vher

In middle school guys only like attractive girls

Kait

Pro

Come at me bro.
kingoflove21vher

Con

I think this is incorrect in some sense. Though I agree that it may feel like guys only like so called "attractive" girls in middle school it is somewhat biased to claim this. "Middle school guys" aren't all the same, and last year (my last year of middle school) I was friends with a couple and one of them was a so called middle school guy who was indeed not dating an attractive girl (nothing against my friend but she was not the kind of stop-in-your-tracks attractive girl, she kool-aid dyed her hair and wore duct tape outfits for the sake of it all). But they were a nice couple and got along quite well, the only reason they broke up was she went on to be home-schooled the next year and he continued in public school, their parents weren't all too fond of the relationship - not because they weren't a good suit but because both sets of parents was moderately controlling - and so it ended. Now personal stories aside I will go on.

The range of guys at the junior high school level is vast and they all have different personalities and wants. Some might indeed only like so-called attractive girls and it might make any teenage girl feel downtrodden to not be the object of affection of these sorts of jerks. But you *cannot* judge a whole age bracket on criteria set by certain persons in said age bracket.

To put it honestly it seems the middle school guys you have mentioned must be very immature. And well, duh, middle school guys do often scream immaturity but it is indeed unfair to say all - immaturity discarded - want someone attractive. There is no worldwide deemed criteria for attractive and everyone has a different opinion on what attractive is. Indeed, there is often a warped perception of attractiveness at this age level that takes time to fester and to grow into some understanding.

Point blank: in middle school all guys aren't the uniform IT clones from A Wrinkle In Time all bouncing a ball and deeming a certain kind of girl attractive. Some of these guys might be interested in intelligence, courage, athleticism, compassion, spontaneous quality, charisma, etc.

If a girl is really attractive but totally vapid some guys would be turned off; regardless of age.

One last note: middle school children are not uniform, some of these boys might be more mature than others so it is unfair to say they are all based on attraction as a quality if a girl is dateable.

And I hope you understand everyone *is* attractive in their own way to *someone*.

Attraction isn't specifically based on the characteristic of beauty, attraction is based on an appeal to the senses of the person in question.

Sources Cited: My own experiences in life, dictionary.com, and Madeleine L'Engle.
Kait

Pro

Kait forfeited this round.
kingoflove21vher

Con

Figured it was a one time thing; I stand by my above statements.
Kait

Pro

Kait forfeited this round.
kingoflove21vher

Con

And I guess that's an end to this debate?! My points on the subject matter have been made.