AJJackson412
Oskerbaby0709

In the U.S., you should be guaranteed two free years of technical or community college.

AJJackson412

Con

First off, if you knew you were going to get into a technical or community college for free, you wouldn't work hard in High School. You wouldn't be motivated to try and get a scholarship. Secondly, taxes. The states pay for most of the public colleges. But where does that money come from... The answer is TAXES! On average it would cost a total of $3,800 to attend a community or technical college for one year. A total of 21 million people attended community and technical college last year (2014-15). So, multiply the numbers together. Yep. That's a total of 79,600,000,000 (79 billion 600 million) Now, there are 209 million adults in America, but only about half of them are eligible to pay taxes. So about 105 million. So 79,600,000,000 divided by 105 million adults, you get the following: 760. So that $760 is added to your tax bill every year. After two years you pay $1520. Now, you may be a rich person, but $760 could be a lot to a lower income family. Even so, all of the 105 million people who can pay taxes would have to pay. If not, it would raise the taxes for everyone else even more! Take this for an example: Bill Gates is an extremely generous man who gives away much of his money. If he gave away 1 billion dollars every year for this cause, it would only take off $10 from the original amount of $760. So you would still pay an extra $750 in taxes. That is why I believe that, "In the U.S., you should not have two free years of tuition to a community college or technical college."
Oskerbaby0709

Pro

I agree with you. Why am I even in this debate? We are partners in this debate, but I thought it was funny that you typed all this and then I thwarted your plan. Haha Jackson.
AJJackson412

Con

I can't believe you Jewls!
Oskerbaby0709

Pro

That's not how you spell my name! ;) hahahahahahah. Is your package here yet?
AJJackson412

Con

gosh, sorry. And it is supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow. Praying it comes!
Oskerbaby0709

Pro

It will come and Abbie will be super happy. Hope your okay with long distance relationships.
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
There is a neg case, won every round with it, we went 6-1 at districts, yea, the 1 was aff
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
Hated this topic, neg wins so easy by arguing that no benefits can be accessed because tuition isnt the only thing keeping the poor out of schools.