SGM_iz_SekC
mudkip624

In the US, illegal immigrants should not be deported.

SGM_iz_SekC

SGM_iz_SekC

Con

BoP lies on pro. I will allow pro to use their first round, and are required not to use their last round and say "I agreed not to use this round." Failure to do this results in misconduct. BoP lies on pro! Good luck!
mudkip624

Pro

Ok, let's dive right in.

C1: Economic Benefits
I'm providing a link that goes far more in depth, so i'll just summarize the article. It mentions that were illegal immigrants to be deported, prices of agriculture would increase dramatically. It also mentions that they've contributed $3 billion to the Social Security Fund. Additionally, a letter signed to former U.S President Bush that was signed by 500 economists(5 of them being Nobel Laureates), stated that vastly more Americans benefit from illegal immigrant workers than the ones that don't. Ultimately, the most important thing to remember is that as long as there are illegal immigrants, there are lower consumer prices, and more money in the Social Security fund.
http://thehill.com...

C2: The Cost Of Deportation Is Extravagant And Not Worth It
The link below discusses the cost of deporting a single immigrant. The cost to deport a SINGLE immigrant, comes out to $23,480. Imagine how much it would cost to deport all of them. The answer is too damn much. At that point, it would be easier for an illegal immigrant to take the citizenship test, and become an official citizen.
http://www.businessinsider.com...

That's my argument. The debate is now opened up for the Aff.
SGM_iz_SekC

Con

ac1. They came into this country Illegally, so my opponent, pro, wants them to be rewarded citizenship, because they broke the law. Jobs are lost by American-born citizens to the illegal immigrants, since they do not have to be payed minimum wage (because they are not legal in the first place).
ac2. The cost to the citizens, taxpayers, and the government to keep them is extravagant and not worth it. No economic benefits are gained from keeping illegal immigrants. (Reasoning right below)
#1 57 percent of all households that are led by an immigrant (legal or illegal) are enrolled in at least one welfare program. Taking money (if illegal then without paying taxes) from the government and the taxpayers, for an extended period of time, which could eventually cost more than deportation.
#2 According to one study, the cost to U.S. taxpayers of legalizing current illegal immigrants would be approximately 6.3 trillion dollars over the next 50 years. (even more money stolen from taxpayers.)
#3 The Obama administration has distributed flyers that tell illegal immigrants that their immigration status will not be checked when they apply for food stamps.
#4 The Department of Homeland Security says that it has lost track of a million people that have entered this country but that appear never to have left.
#5 One out of every five children living in Los Angeles County has a parent that is in the country illegally.
#6 In one recent year, taxpayers in Los Angeles County spent 600 million dollars on welfare for children of illegal immigrants.
#7 Thanks to illegal immigration, California"s overstretched health care system is on the verge of collapse. Dozens of California hospitals and emergency rooms have shut down over the past decade because they could not afford to stay open after being endlessly swamped by illegal immigrants who were simply not able to pay for the services that they were receiving. As a result, the remainder of the health care system in the state of California is now beyond overloaded. This had led to brutally long waits, diverted ambulances and even unnecessary patient deaths. At this point, the state of California now ranks dead last out of all 50 states in the number of emergency rooms per million people.
#8 It has been estimated that U.S. taxpayers spend $12,000,000,000 a year on primary and secondary school education for the children of illegal immigrants. (even more money than deportation)
#9 It is estimated that illegal aliens make up approximately 30 percent of the population in federal, state and local prisons and that the total cost of incarcerating them is more than $1.6 billion annually.
#10 The federal government actually has a website that teaches immigrants how to sign up for welfare programs once they arrive in the United States.
#11 The Obama administration recently introduced the very first "unmanned" border station along the Texas-Mexico border.
#12 The Obama administration has sued individual states such as Arizona that have tried to crack down on illegal immigration.
#13 According to the FBI, there are approximately 1.4 million gang members living in our cities. Illegal immigration has been one of the primary factors that has fueled the growth of these gangs.
#14 As I have written about previously, there are only about 200 police officers assigned to Chicago"s Gang Enforcement Unit to handle the estimated 100,000 gang members living in the city.
#15 Mexican drug cartels make approximately 6.6 billion dollars a year"exporting" illegal drugs to the United States.
#16 It is an open secret that Mexican drug cartels are openly conducting military operations inside the United States. The handful of border patrol agents that we have guarding the border are massively outgunned and outmanned.
#17 According to the Justice Department"s National Drug Intelligence Center, Mexican drug cartels were actively operating in 50 different U.S. cities in 2006. By 2010, that number had skyrocketed to 1,286.
#18 Overall, more than 55,000 people have been killed in drug-related violence in Mexico since 2006. That same level of violence will eventually show up in major U.S. cities unless something dramatic is done about illegal immigration.
#19 It is being projected that the Senate immigration bill will bring 33 million more people to the United States over the next decade.
http://www.infowars.com...

c1. My opponent is obviously speaking only of legal immigrants. Illegal immigrants rarely pay taxes. Should we broadcast a message to the rest of the world that anyone that can find a way to enter this country and somehow get to a "sanctuary city" can sign up for a plethora of welfare benefits and live a life of leisure at the expense of hard working American citizens? Yes, those questions sound absurd, but what I have just described will essentially be official U.S. government policy if the immigration bill going through Congress becomes law. And unfortunately, Democrats now say that they have the Republican votes that they need to get "immigration reform" through the House of Representatives. If this amnesty bill becomes law, it will encourage even more illegal immigration and it will be one more step toward making the U.S. border essentially meaningless.

c2. BoP is still on pro.
mudkip624

Pro

mudkip624 forfeited this round.
SGM_iz_SekC

Con

My opponent forfeited their round and as a result, should lose conduct points. My arguments still stand, with no rebuttals against them.
mudkip624

Pro

Ok, firstly, I'd like to apologize for missing my round. I thought I had more time than I did. Now onto rebuttals.

My opponent essentially used his round two as a soapbox to preach his anti-immigration beliefs, but didn't really provide rebuttals of his own. He cites a long drawn out article on illegal immigration that comes from the most disgusting, right-wing, hardcore Republican I've ever seen. Here's a quote. "Should we roll out the red carpet and allow millions upon millions of thieves, rapists, gang members and drug dealers to come waltzing into this country any time they would like?" This evidence assumes that all immigrants, legal or no, are criminals. This is asinine beyond all belief. His evidence is extremely biased, and must be disregarded. Additionally, my opponent only seems to dicuss illegal Mexicans, as though they were the only ones entering the country illegally. Not only is my opponent being biased and racially profiling immigrants, he's also being incredibly close minded.

Now, I'll just strengthen my case. Firstly, not all immigrants are criminals, as my opponent wishes you to believe. A lot of them are merely trying to create a better quality of life for themselves than what they currently reside in.
http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org...
In some cases, they are refugees, whose lifes are actually being threatened.
http://www.npr.org...
My opponent wishes to send hardworking, innocent people back to squalor, or life threatening situations, when they are willing to work hard, for minimum wage, or perhaps no wage, simply because it's better than what they already had. Vote aff, because I'm helping innocent people get by in a world that hates them and doesn't want them. Also, i see it fit to remind voters that my opponent ignored my c2 on how expensive deportation is.
SGM_iz_SekC

Con

My opponent is trying to remove the 'illegal' out of 'illegal immigrant.' Legal immigrants can benefit this country, but all illegal immigrants are criminals, because they did not legally come into this country, thus should not be rewarded with citizenship. Instead, they should legally immigrate. The notion that illegal immigrants are not criminals, despite having broken the law is outrageous. Breaking the law is what makes someone a criminal.
Criminal definition.
crim"i"nal
G2;krimənl
noun
1.
a person who has committed a crime.

This is exactly what an illegal immigrant has done, so why should they be allowed to reside in this country, because they committed a crime?
Pro has to provide irrefutable evidence to prove this topic, but has not done so, therefor not fulfilling BoP.
mudkip624

Pro

mudkip624 forfeited this round.
SGM_iz_SekC

Con

Pro forfeited another round, and still has not fulfilled the BoP. My arguments still stand.
mudkip624

Pro

Can't use this round. I wish i had paid better attention, and not missed two rounds. I can't blame voters for voting against me.
Vote Placed by Mray56 3 years ago
Mray56
SGM_iz_SekCmudkip624Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit