Sniperjake1994
FallofEmpire888

In the Year 2012, the world will not end.

Sniperjake1994

Sniperjake1994

Pro

I affirm.

Definitions:

2012: 12/21/12. Supposedly, that's when the world will end.

Clarification: In the year 2012, the world wouldn't end.

Contention 1: In the past people believed the world will end on a certain day. Well a vast majority of this didn't happen. For examples: 6/6/06 didn't happen. In the year of 2000 the world didn't end. So in the year 2012 the world will not end.

Contention 2: We are using the Georgian Calendar. Only the Mayan Calendar says in 2012 the world will end.

Therefore for reasons above, vote pro.
FallofEmpire888

Con

Huatuapa says that it is correct

EVIDENCE:

Tzuhtz-(a)j-oom u(y)-uxlajuun pik

The Thirteenth [b'ak'tun] will end

(ta) Chan Ajaw ux(-te') Uniiw.

(on) 4 Ajaw, the 3rd of Uniiw [3 K'ank'in].

Uht-oom Ek'-...

Black ... will occur.

Y-em(al) ... Bolon Yookte' K'uh ta-chak-ma...

wikipedia proves mayanism

This is another possible apocalyptic scenerario much deadlier than anyone has seen before

http://video.google.com...#

Again Just because Mayan Civilization collapsed doesn't disprove my claims and besides the burden of proof is on those who reject reality.
Sniperjake1994

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for accepting this debate. Good luck!

Con rebuttals:
"The Thirteenth [b'ak'tun] will end" I am assuming you mean 2013. This is not what we are debating about.
As for the others I cannot comprehend them. Please define your arguments.

His evidence: Ever since the movie 2012 came out, people have been putting ridiculous assumptions. Such guesses cannot be accurate. His video evidence talks about fixing disabled people with robotic limbs. This also occurs now but technology is so slow that considering by 2012 we would have created humanoids that will cause our extinction is simply absurd.

"Again Just because Mayan Civilization collapsed doesn't disprove my claims and besides the burden of proof is on those who reject reality."
I didn't mentioned the civilization collapsing. You stated the BoP is on those who do not accept the truth. Well the truth is that in 2012 the world will not end. Natural disasters will not cause a human extinction.

Pro's arguments:

Con has failed to attack any, I will extend all arguments. Below are some evidence.

"If anything, the Mayans predict a religious miracle, not anything sinister. "
http://www.universetoday.com...

http://www.experiencefestival.com...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

http://apnews.myway.com...

Thank you. I look forward for some arguments.
FallofEmpire888

Con

Viewers do not be persuaded by the physiological manipulation which the heretic has inflicted onto are souls. Look at reason not the chaos that is imposed by dark age mystics to but to the abyss which is perpetuated by those who fear and want to hide the revival of freedom and prosperity. Mayan civilization is freedom Oh hast the new glorious age of Mayanism!
Sniperjake1994

Pro

"Viewers do not be persuaded by the physiological manipulation which the heretic has inflicted onto are souls. Look at reason not the chaos that is imposed by dark age mystics to but to the abyss which is perpetuated by those who fear and want to hide the revival of freedom and prosperity. Mayan civilization is freedom Oh hast the new glorious age of Mayanism!"
I do not see an argument here.
Through the reason of the mayan calendar, it describes a new change, mathematically. Yet the new change is not necessarily the end of the world.

So far my opponent has not attacked by points, again. I extend these and he cannot refute them because he had 2 chances to do so and didn't attempt to.

Therefore Pro has won, and in the year 2012 the world will not end. Thank you. I enjoyed this debate and proved my burden.
FallofEmpire888

Con

FallofEmpire888 forfeited this round.
Posted by sherlockmethod 7 years ago
sherlockmethod
Very easy win for Pro as Con presented nothing. Why no discussion on the the cylindrical aspects of the Mayan Calendar? Sad.
Posted by FallofEmpire888 7 years ago
FallofEmpire888
Advancing negative memes: All con has to do is set history equal to utility and then he can make what ever a-historical a-scientific claim he wants. Con is a part of a cult of pseudo anti mayanists, Con use a manipulator who fears change from are old ways. Con is a monster he will attack anyone who questions the authority of his cult! Con wants rule by the democratic fascists rather then the civilized blood sacrificing tribal elders on top of rock pyramids. Does con actually understand the nature of Mayan civilization?
Posted by Brooklyn1223 7 years ago
Brooklyn1223
Con you really need to define wat u say in your arguments ur symbols need to be translated to a language your opponent understands other wise it is not a fair debate. Pro in your argument on the wordl was gonna end in 2000 that has nothing ot do with this claim on 2012. The same guy did not make claims on both times the world will end. I would suggest you find out claims he did make but did not come true. GL to the both of you.
Posted by FallofEmpire888 7 years ago
FallofEmpire888
LOL this is gonna be a funny debate
Vote Placed by tmhustler 7 years ago
tmhustler
Sniperjake1994FallofEmpire888Tied
Vote Placed by sherlockmethod 7 years ago
sherlockmethod
Sniperjake1994FallofEmpire888Tied
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
Sniperjake1994FallofEmpire888Tied