GWindeknecht1
Sahaj

In the event of a Korean War, South Korea is more likely to win

Sahaj

GWindeknecht1

Pro

In the event of another Korean War, South Korea is more likely to win against North Korea.

Round 1 is for acceptance only.
Round 2 starts the debate.
Sahaj

Con

GWindeknecht1

Pro

GWindeknecht1 forfeited this round.
Sahaj

Con

I don't know why my opponent hass forfeited this round, but I shall continue the debate regardless. I believe the one factor that would tip the balance in North Korea's favor is the fact that it has nuclear weapons, which South Korea lacks. It also has a large army, with half the annual budget going to the Military. It also may receive aid from China, whu, though not Communist anymore, do not like the United States, who will likely be against North Korea in the event of the war starting up again.. There are American soldiers in South Korea, but they are not large in number. A lot of the American Army's standing force is in Iraq and Afghanistan, and they would be unable to retaliate fast enough in North Korea attacked South Korea. I would like to say that I in no way support North Korea, I am simply analyzing the situation.
GWindeknecht1

Pro

GWindeknecht1 forfeited this round.
Sahaj

Con

The border security of South Korea has grown lax. NK could easily launch a swift, decisive attack that would give it control of the border, while launching nukes against Seoul, the capital. This would destroy the Government. In the lack of leadership that would follow, the South Korean army would be easily defeated.
GWindeknecht1

Pro

GWindeknecht1 forfeited this round.
GWindeknecht1

Pro

GWindeknecht1 forfeited this round.
Sahaj

Con

I forfeit. There is no actual winner as my opponent has posted no arguments ( I know not why.).
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
North korea has no official allies either: http://news.bbc.co.uk...

Another question how would americas army go away when a ww3 happens if it didnt in ww2. Also russia isnt a super power because america is helping them get rid of nukes.

China does have a large military but they are not as well trained as the american one. So it is quality vs quanity. Plus america by far has the best navy and airforce. So lets say even though china hates NK they help them, 1. No-fly zone in china plus massive air strikes, 2. blockade ports their economy now collapses and massive riots incur, 3. American allies along with america kick @$$ ( india, most of europe, australia, indonesia, most of south america possibly, canada, maybe mexico) So now we have numbers and training. Also russia doesnt like NK so their just watching the show. So NK is alone, and even with china they are screwed because the goverments would decree no nukes allowed to avoid an apocolypse. So you death before dishonored are mis- informed
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
one, american soldiers in south korea is 30,000, and in japan 20,000 plus the japenese and the australian milititary woul be able so support them. America could nuke north korea and the south korean army has 300,000 soldiers in reserve. England, france, germany would also arrive at the scene. China has recently reported that they dislike the north koreans and think that they are a thorn in their side, iran would go against america because they just hate us, but wouldnt be able to fight that far away so they would only stall us by attacking iraq and iran. Russia also dislikes NK. Vietnam would help north korea but their army isnt that good. Indonesia would also aid the south. SO it would be 50,000 american soldiers, 400,000 southkorean soldiers, 50,000 japenese soldiers until australia arives and saves the day. So North korea would then be turned back and then would be invaded. They would hold out for a while, but then would be overun when more american troops along with the rest of europe arives. NK would lose, its just a matter of time.
Posted by Sahaj 5 years ago
Sahaj
I enjoy debating war issues, and I will accept all challenges that come my way. Just saying.
Posted by Sahaj 5 years ago
Sahaj
The Korean War never actually ended, yes.
Posted by Debater17 5 years ago
Debater17
As a chinese, I would like to point out that china DOES NOT have strongest military. Yes, its the largest, but size doesn't matter anymore. The US army is the most advanced.
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 5 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
@16kadams
Actually China's military is the strongest and the largest.
They have 200 million troops and nukes lol strength in numbers.

Russia still is a super power, because they have still have strong army and tons of nukes.

China also hates America more then N. Korea.
they share ideaologies.

In the event of a WW3 America's economy would collapse.

You sir are misinformed. Would you like to debate on it?
Posted by logicrules 5 years ago
logicrules
So
, there is a Korean war, and for 60 years it's a stale mate?
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
if this ever happened I'm rooting for the south
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
yes, we just starte at them in the eye and wait. No formal ending, so technically still at war. 30,000 american troops are in south korea waiting, and watching. another 20,000 in japan just waiting for orders.
Posted by logicrules 5 years ago
logicrules
so we are still "at war"?
Vote Placed by Chrysippus 5 years ago
Chrysippus
GWindeknecht1SahajTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious. Points go to the last man standing.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
GWindeknecht1SahajTied